Easy Smores Nachos, is an easy recipe that can be made in an oven or over a fire.
I like the taste of the graham crackers with a melted marshmallows and creamy chocolate topping.
Easy Smores Nachos
This is an easy recipe idea for making a favorite recipe idea of S'Mores.
However, you do not need a campfire to make these tasty nachos.
Did you try my Favorite Loaded Sheet Pan Nachos?
If you are a fan of the whole idea of nachos, like I am, that nacho recipe is the perfect companion to this dessert recipe. Both recipe can be made on a grill or campfire as well!
To make this recipe for S'Mores nachos on a grill or fire you will need an aluminum or foil baking pan. You can find an assortment of aluminum foil pans here.
People always ask why it is called Smore?
Whether you all it "Smore" or "S'more" it is the same thing.
That is, a name for the same recipe.
Technically, S'More is is a contraction for "some more".
When it comes to eating something tasty, such as melted chocolate and marshmallows on graham crackers, then you can understand why it is S'More.
That is, "can I have some more".
Then there are folks who ask what is a Smore?
S'mores are really well known in some locations such as in America.
Other locations have no idea when they are.
S'Mores were started as a kind of a dessert sandwich treat made around a campfire.
It all starts with melting a marshmallow on a stick or similar item.
Then the marshmallow is placed between two graham crackers and a chocolate bar.
Tips for making Smores.
Graham crackers are really the standard for making this recipe.
However, graham crackers come in varieties of flavors which all make for a fine tasting treat.
More tips for you
- This recipe can me prepared in advance and then placed on a grill or in an oven later on. A nice idea when you are heading to a barbecue or gathering.
- If you are really feeling good, these nachos can be topped. I like a scoop of vanilla ice cream or the optional dipping sauce that I have included below.
- Leftovers can be wrapped in foil and reheated later.
Personalize S'More nachos.
Yes, these smore nachos are great just the way they are.
However, you can also make yours taste even better.
Try one of these ideas.
- Sprinkle candy on top. M & M or similar sized candies work well.
- Or, you can sprinkle nuts and or pretzels on top
- Use wafers or cookies instead of graham crackers.
- A variety of marshmallows, colors and sizes, can make this treat even more interesting.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
How to make S'Mores on a grill.
Making S'Mores on a grill is a lot easier to do and a lot easier to clean up than using the traditional method of roasting a marshmallow on a stick.
This method can also be used on a campfire as well.
You will need the same ingredients as with the oven method.
- Make this recipe when the coals or fire has started to die down (perfect time to do this!)
- Prep your disposable aluminum container with a bit of nonstick.
- On the bottom layer, break your graham crackers into quarters (large enough to hold ingredients and eat with). Make sure that the graham crackers are evenly spread out.
- Top the graham crackers with half of the marshmallows and half of the chocolate. Then repeat this layering.
- Cover the ingredients with foil.
- Place the pan on to the grill or fire (not where there are flames) and cook until the marshmallows begin to brown. It can take between 10-12 minutes. When lifting up the foil to check your marshmallows, take care as it will be hot.
Ingredients needed to make tasty S'mores nachos.
- Graham crackers- 12. The graham crackers should be broken into quarters.
- Marshmallows- 3 cups. Mini marshmallows work really well because of the size of the graham crackers. You could however use large marshmallows or even a combination.
- Chocolate Chips- 1 ½ cups. I like a variety such as semi-sweet and dark chocolate chips.
How to make Easy Smore Nachos.
Break the graham crackers into quarters, making sure that the pieces are large enough to hold the ingredients and are also easy to eat with.
You can make this on an oven-safe pan such as a cast iron pan or medium sized baking dish.
Prepare your pan or dish with a bit of nonstick.
Preheat the oven to 350.
Step two: Layer the ingredients.
Place half of the graham crackers on the bottom, evenly spreading them out.
Layer the graham crackers with half of the marshmallows (1 ½ cups) and then half of the chocolate chips (¾ cups).
Repeat the layers in the same steps using up the remaining ingredients.
Step three: Bake your nachos.
Place the nachos into the center of the top rack in your oven.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the marshmallows begin to brown.
Allow the nachos to cool before serving.
Make an optional sauce for your nachos.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine ½ cup of milk (or similar product) and ½ cup of peanut butter (or nut butter of your choice). You can also add seasoning such as a pinch of cinnamon.
- Whisking continually, heat the ingredients until combined into a sauce.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and pour it over your nachos or serve it on the side.
Easy Smores Nachos, a simple recipe for making a favorite S'Mores dessert or snack in the oven or on the grill.
Easy Smores Nachos,
See recipe for topping details
- Break the graham crackers into quarters, making sure that the pieces are large enough to hold the ingredients and are also easy to eat with.
- You can make this on an oven-safe pan such as a cast iron pan or medium sized baking dish.Prepare your pan or dish with a bit of nonstick.Preheat the oven to 350.
- Place half of the graham crackers on the bottom, evenly spreading them out.Layer the graham crackers with half of the marshmallows (1 ½ cups) and then half of the chocolate chips (¾ cups).Repeat the layers in the same steps using up the remaining ingredients
- Place the nachos into the center of the top rack in your oven.Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the marshmallows begin to brown.Allow the nachos to cool before serving.
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See DiyandFun.com for details on this recipe.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!