(warning, jumping to recipe can result in missing important information including alternative ingredients and tips. Also, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases made via the links on this website.)
This Potato Chip Candy Recipe has just four ingredients.
People really like the flavor of the salty chips covered with a sweet chocolate.
Potato Chip Candy Recipe
This is a recipe that is simple to make and that also tastes so good!
I like that there are just four ingredients in this crunchy treat!
Did you try my Easy Fall Snack Mix recipe?
That recipe for snack mix is easy to make like this one is.
This recipe however features potato chips while that recipe features pretzels.
To make this tasty chocolate covered treats you will need white chocolate chips. You can find white chocolate chips here.
This recipe is especially for anyone asking what snacks to put out for guests.
What I like about this chocolate covered chip recipe is that it is so easy to make.
It is also an easy recipe to personalize for events and holidays.
For as easy as this recipe is to make, it is also easy to enjoy.
This could be because of the way that the salty potato chips interact with the sweet chocolate.
Also, this recipe can easily be served in individual servings.
This recipe is also for anyone asking what can you cover in chocolate.
Personally, I am one of those people who can eat about anything covered in chocolate.
As long as it is food and not something that is not meant to be eaten.
Chocolate covered potato chips are a perfect way to make a quick candy-like snack.
This is also the best use for the broken up potato chip pieces on the bottom of the bag.
Those are the pieces that often make for the best chocolate candy clusters!
Tips for making this potato chip candy recipe.
While I am using white chocolate chips, you can choose to use chocolate wafers. Simply melt the chocolate according to the directions on the packaging.
More tips for you
- Add some extra flavor to your clusters. Simply add a half to full teaspoon of extract such as vanilla extract of maple extract to the melted chocolate.
- If your melted chocolate seems to be too thick to work with, you can thin it out. Simply stir in a teaspoon or two of coconut oil or butter.
- I am using pecans in this recipe mostly because I like pecans in a cluster-like candy. Feel free to sub in the chopped nut of your choice, such as walnuts or cashews.
Personalize potato chip candy clusters!
Yes, these potato chip candy clusters are find just the way they are.
But, you can also take them up notch!
Try one of these ideas.
- Add some chopped up pretzels.
- Place some candies on the top.
- Stir in some dried fruit such as dried cranberries.
- Drizzle some melted dark chocolate on top.
Be sure to follow DIYandFUN on Facebook and on Pinterest.
I also have a weekly newsletter that you can subscribe to.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
About this recipe for chocolate potato chip candy recipe.
This is really a simple four ingredient recipe that features potato chips.
The potato chips offer flavor, crunch, texture, and salt to this recipe.
We are also using melted white chocolate.
The white chocolate holds the ingredients together.
It also adds some color and a sweet flavor!
Ingredients needed to make Potato Chip Candy Clusters.
- Potato Chips- 2 cups crushed. Wavy or ridges works best for structure.
- Chopped Nuts- ½ cup.
- White Chocolate Chips- 1 package (9-11 ounce).
- Optional, coconut oil to smooth out melted chocolate.
How to make this Potato Chip Candy .
Step One: Prepare.
Line two rimmed small baking sheets with wax paper. The baking sheets should be small enough to fit in your refrigerator.
Step Two: Prepare your ingredients.
Crush the potato chips so that they are small enough to be made into a candy yet, large enough to offer structure to these clusters.
Chop the nuts if they have not yet chopped.
Step Three: Make the clusters.
In a large microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, stopping every 30 seconds to stir.
If the melted chocolate is too thick, simple stir in some coconut oil or butter, a teaspoon at a time, until smooth.
Stir in the crushed potato chips along with the chopped nuts. Tip: add half of the chips and nuts at a time, stirring between additions.
Using a tablespoon or scoop, scoop individual clusters onto the wax paper lines baking sheets.
Then top with the sprinkles before transferring to the refrigerator to set (about 30 minutes).
Potato Chip Candy Recipe, a simple four ingredients chocolate covered potato chip cluster treat made with pecans.
Easy Potato Chip Candy
- 2 cups Potato Chips -crushed
- ½ cup Chopped Nuts-
- 1 White Chocolate Chips -can use other chocolate or baking chocolate
- Line two rimmed small baking sheets with wax paper. The baking sheets should be small enough to fit in your refrigerator.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, stopping every 30 seconds to stir.I Stir in the crushed potato chips along with the chopped nuts. Using a tablespoon or scoop, scoop individual clusters onto the wax paper lines baking sheets. Then top with the sprinkles before transferring to the refrigerator to set (about 30 minutes).
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!