(warning, jumping to recipe can result in missing important information including alternative ingredients and tips. Also, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases made via the links on this website.)
Easiest Ever Apple Dump Cake is really a lot like caramel apple pie
With a few easy hacks, we can thus get a great tasting dump cake that is like that pie.
Easiest Ever Apple Dump Cake
A simple recipe for a cake that is like a caramel apple pie.
I like how great this dessert recipe tastes considering how easy it is to make!
Have you tried my Easiest Pumpkin Dump Cake recipe?
That recipe is a dump cake recipe inspired by pumpkin pie.
This recipe is based upon caramel apple pie.
This recipe calls for Spice Cake Mix. You can find Spice Cake Mix here.
Here is what makes this dump cake easy.
Using a cake mix really takes a lot of steps out of making a dump cake.
If you think about all of the ingredients that go into a cake mix, you can probably understand why.
Here is what a cake mix brings to this dump cake recipe.
A box of cake mix brings all of the dry ingredients that normally go into a cake along with sweetener and flavor. Think about the steps that you would have taken to have to measure out all of these ingredients!
Everyone asks why is it called a dump cake?
I will admit that I was stumped by the name myself.
Why would anyone call something 'dump' when it is meant to be a tasty treat dessert idea?
There are a couple of theories about why a cake would be called a 'dump' cake.
The easiest theory to believe, in my opinion, is that the name came from the idea that the ingredients are 'dumped' into a baking dish and then baked. Another theory is that
the name came from using a cake mix to make a cobbler-ish kind of dessert.
Tips for making caramel apple dump cake.
This recipe works best in a 13 X 9" baking dish.
I also recommend that you prepare the baking dish for nonstick before adding the ingredients.
More tips for you
- In this recipe the cake mix will be 'dumped' on to of other ingredients. Make sure that you evenly spread the cake mix out to avoid having clumps.
- This recipe calls for melted butter instead of the usual cold butter that is used in a dump cake. The melted butter should be cooled to room temperature.
- Allow the baked dump cake to cool in the baking dish after taking it out of the oven. This will help the cake set and thus, be easier to serve.
Personalize this dump cake recipe.
Yes, this recipe is great the way it is.
However, you can make it even better!
Try one of these ideas.
- Substitute in another nut such as as pecans.
- Stir in a half tablespoon of maple syrup with the pie filling.
- Try using a different kind of cake mix such as Gingerbread Cake Mix.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
About this cake recipe.
This is a simple recipe for an apple dump cake.
However, unlike other apple dump cake recipes, this recipe has a few other ingredients added to it.
Ingredients needed to make apple dump cake with pie filling.
- Apple Pie Filling- 2 (16 oz) cans.
- Ground Cinnamon- 1 teaspoon.
- Caramel Bits- ¾ cup.
- Walnuts- ¾ cup chopped.
- Spice Cake Mix- 1 box.
- Butter- 1 cup (2 sticks) melted.
How to make this Easiest Ever Apple Dump Cake.
Step One: prepare.
Preheat your oven to 350.
Prep a 13X9" baking dish for nonstick.
Step Two: add the ingredients.
Layer rather than mix the ingredients.
Evenly distribute the pie filling on the bottom of the dish. Then sprinkle the cinnamon on top.
Next, evenly distribute the caramel bits along with the walnuts on top.
Then evenly sprinkle the cake mix on top, however breaking up any chunks as needed.
Lastly, spoon the melted butter over the ingredients in the baking dish.
Step Three: bake the dump cake.
Bake the dump cake 40-45 minutes or until the top begins to brown and there is bubbling.
Allow to cool a bit (15-20 minutes) before serving.
Easiest Ever Apple Dump Cake, a simple and delicious fall inspired dessert recipe that tastes like caramel apple pie.
Easiest Ever Apple Dump Cake
- Preheat your oven to 350.Prep a 13X9" baking dish for nonstick. Evenly distribute the pie filling on the bottom of the dish. Then sprinkle the cinnamon on top.Next, evenly distribute the caramel bits along with the walnuts on top. Then evenly sprinkle the cake mix on top, however breaking up any chunks as needed. Lastly, spoon the melted butter over the ingredients in the baking dish.
- Bake the dump cake 40-45 minutes or until the top begins to brown and there is bubbling. Allow to cool a bit (15-20 minutes) before serving.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!