This recipe for Cookies and Cream Cake in a Jar is so easy to make!
Even better, this cake in a jar is so impressive to serve!
Cookies and Cream Cake in a Jar
This is a simple recipe for dessert that people love to eat.
Even better, this recipe takes just a few minutes to make!
Those cookies are full of yum thanks to the pieces of candy that are in them.
I am thinking that this recipe for cookies and cream cake in a jar would be fun to serve next to those tasty monster cookies!
This recipe is especially fun to serve in a cute mason jar.
You can find a great selection of smaller mason jars, that would work with this recipe, here.
This recipe is especially for anyone asking what do you eat in a jar.
This dessert recipe is something that you can easily eat in a jar.
I know that you can certainly make a dessert more interesting to serve it comes in a jar.
But, there are some good reasons to serve a dessert in a jar.
Desserts served in a jar a fun idea when you are entertaining as they can be made in advanced and can also be easily covered to store in the refrigerator. However, desserts in a jar are a fun gift giving idea whether it be for holiday gift giving or simply given away as a party favor!
This tasty cake in a jar is also a no-bake recipe.
As long as you have some cake leftover or a cake that you may have picked up at the store, this is a no bake recipe. You will also need some cookies, such as a sandwich cookie (Oreo?) for this recipe.
Sandwich cookies are a popular choice for a jar recipe and here is why.
The outside layers of an Oreo, for example, are well structured to hold up to any kind of cream that you also add to the jar, making it easier to prepare this in advance. Also, the sandwich cookie gives both flavor and color to this idea!
Here are some tips for making an Oreo cake jar (or similar)
Using a premade cake, that is a cake you do not have to bake for this recipe, is a great hack.
Even better, hit the half-price baked goods area at your local store in search of a cake that does not have to be perfect!
More helpful tips for you.
- We all know that Oreos come in all kinds of colors, flavors, and fluff thickness. You can use a holiday Oreo or maybe a double stuff version for this recipe!
- Make this dessert in a jar as a gift for someone. Simply tie a ribbon with a spoon to the jar to make it even better looking!
- While using a mason jar makes a great appearance, you could use another jar. Be on the lookout for cute jars, jars that you have washed out after using what came in them , or even something that you may have picked up at a sale somewhere.
How to personalize your Oreo Cheesecake Jar Recipe
This recipe uses cake, cookies and buttercream frosting.
These ingredients are simply layered in the jar before serving.
Try these ideas for personalizing your jar desserts.
- Instead of the buttercream frosting, try adding a layer of ice cream instead.
- While my cake is a yellow cake, you can use a chocolate cake or cake of your choice.
- Add some chocolate chips, candy, or pretzels to your jar.
- Place a cake topper on the top of your dessert before serving it.
- Sprinkle in some fruit such as sliced strawberries or bananas.
How to make this tasty cake in a jar recipe sugar free.
This cake in a jar recipe can also be made low in sugar or sugar free.
I get that combining cake, frosting, and cookies in a jar can be a bit much for some.
Here is what you can use in a sugar free or low sugar version of this recipe.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
Ingredients needed to make Cookies and Cream Cake in a Jar
- Jars such as mason jars for serving. Wider mouthed jars a good idea for this recipe.
- Cake- baked and torn into chunks.
- Buttercream Frosting or cake frosting of your choice.
- Sandwich cookies such as Oreos, broken into large pieces.
How to make No Bake Cookies N Cream in a jar dessert.
Step 1. Prepare your jars by washing them and allowing them to fully dry. For the cake, tear the cake into bite sized or slightly smaller pieces. Beat or whip up the frosting to make it easier to use.
Step 2. Loosely place a layer of the cake pieces in the bottom ¼- ⅓ of your jar. Then add up to a couple of tablespoon of frosting following by cookie chunks. Repeat the process until you hit the top of the jar. Feel free to use as much of each ingredients as desired. My suggested amounts are for an average sized mason jar.
Step 3. Top with a dollop of frosting, a cookie, and anything else that seems fun. Serve and enjoy!
Cookies and Cream Cake in a Jar, simple dessert recipe made with cake and cookies and served in a jar. Sugar free option.
Cookies and Cream Cake in a Jar
- Prepare your jars by washing them and allowing them to fully dry. For the cake, tear the cake into bite sized or slightly smaller pieces. Beat or whip up the frosting to make it easier to use.
- Loosely place a layer of the cake pieces in the bottom ¼- ⅓ of your jar. Then add up to a couple of tablespoon of frosting following by cookie chunks. Repeat the process until you hit the top of the jar. Feel free to use as much of each ingredients as desired. My suggested amounts are for an average sized mason jar.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!