(warning, jumping to recipe can result in missing important information including alternative ingredients and tips. Also, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases made via the links on this website.)
These Cookies and Cream Rice Krispies Treats are a tasty way to jazz up your Rice Krispies treats using sandwich cookies.
I like how fun this recipe is especially during the fall season!
Cookies and Cream Rice Krispies Treats.
This recipe is for Rice Krispies treats that are taken up a notch.
I like how fun this recipe is for about any kind of fall celebration!
Did you try my Oreo Spider Cookie Cupcakes?
That recipe is for sandwich cookies that have been used as a cute spider topping for cupcakes.
This recipe uses the sandwich cookies as part of the krispies treats!
To make this recipe you will need orange and black candy melts.
You can find orange candy melts here and black candy melts here.
There are three parts to this cookies and cream Rice Krispies Treat recipe.
The first part is to make the Rice Krispies treat themselves.
We will also add the sandwich cookies to this part of the recipe.
Once we have made the treats, we will finish with the remaining parts.
We will use a buttercream frosting to frost the treats.
Then we will add the decorations to the top.
How to make gooey Rice Krispie Treats.
There really is a lot going on with this recipe as is.
You may not want your Krispie treats to be gooey too.
However, for those of us who really want that gooey treat, here is how to do it.
To make your Rice Krispies Treats even more gooey it just takes one ingredient.
Add extra marshmallows, even better, marshmallows of different sizes!
Here are some tips for making these gourmet Rice Krispies Treats.
Using fresh marshmallows is essential to the success of any Rice Krispies Treat recipe!
This is because stale or older marshmallows can cause the treats to get hard.
More helpful tips for you.
- Spray your microwave bowl with a bit of nonstick before adding the marshmallows before heating. This will help keep the marshmallows from sticking to the sides of the bowl.
- Line the pan with parchment paper that overhangs the sides of the pan. This will not only make the clean up easier, it will help you with removing the finished treats for cutting.
- Stirring in a tablespoon or two of condensed milk with the butter before melting the ingredients can help make for a smoother treat. The butter should be softened at room temperature first.
How to personalize your Oreo Rice Krispie treats.
Yes, these tasty treats are fine just the way they are.
However, you can also take them up a notch to make things even more fun.
Try one of these ideas.
- Use flavored Oreos such as Halloween Oreos.
- Add Halloween sprinkles to the top.
- Stir in some nuts such as shopped peanuts with your treats.
- Add other kinds of cereal with the Rice Krispies.
- Use colored marshmallows.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to the buttercream frosting for color.
Be sure to follow DIYandFUN on Facebook and on Pinterest.
I also have a weekly newsletter that you can subscribe to.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
Here are some more ideas that you may like.
Halloween Inspired Cookies and Cream Rice Krispies Treats
To make this recipe we will first make the Rice Krispies Treats using a microwave oven.
This includes adding the Oreo cookies.
Then we will frost the Rice Krispies treats with buttercream frosting.
After we frost the treats we will decorate the top.
You can skip the frosting if this is too much for you however!
Ingredients needed to make Cookies and Cream Rice Krispie Treats.
- Rice Krispies Cereal- 6 cups.
- Butter- 5 tablespoons.
- Marshmallows- 14 ounces. Most packages are around 10 ounces.
- Sandwich Cookies Such as Oreos- 10 regular sized cookies, chopped.
- Vanilla Buttercream Frosting- 2 cups, or as needed.
- Black Candy Melts- ¼ cup.
- Orange Candy Melts- ¼ cup.
How to make Cookies and Cream Rice Krispies Treats.
Step 1. Make the Krispies Treats. Line a baking dish with parchment paper that overhangs the edges of the dish. In a large microwave safe bowl melt the marshmallows and the butter for 90 seconds. Go around the bowl with a rubber spatula to make sure the marshmallows aren’t sticking to the sides of the bowl. Then stir in three cups of the cereal along with half of the crushed cookies, mixing well. Stir in the remaining cereal and cookie pieces. Press the mixture into your lined baking dish and allow this to set for 15 minutes.
Step 2. Frost the treats using the butter cream frosting. Then melt the individual candy melts as directed on the packaging. Drizzle the candy melts onto the frosting, alternating the drizzle lines. To create a curved pattern, simply use a toothpick or skewer. Allow this to set for about an hour.
Step 3. Serve. Using the overhanging parchment paper, lift the treats out of the pan. Then cut the treats into squares or rectangles and serve.
Cookies and Cream Rice Krispies Treats, a tasty recipe idea made with sandwich cookies and Rice Krispies Treats.
Cookies and Cream Rice Krispies Treats
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 5 tbsp Butter
- 14 oz Marshmallows
- 10 Oreos crushed
- 2 cups Vanilla Buttercream Frosting-
- ¼ cup Black Candy Melts
- ¼ cup Orange Candy Melts
- Make the Krispies Treats. Line a baking dish with parchment paper that overhangs the edges of the dish. In a large microwave safe bowl melt the marshmallows and the butter for 90 seconds. Then stir in three cups of the cereal along with half of the crushed cookies, mixing well. Stir in the remaining cereal and cookie pieces. Press the mixture into your lined baking dish and allow this to set for 15 minutes.
- Frost the treats using the butter cream frosting. Then melt the individual candy melts as directed on the packaging. Drizzle the candy melts onto the frosting, alternating the drizzle lines. To create a curved pattern, simply use a toothpick or skewer. Allow this to set for about an hour. Then cut the treats into squares or rectangles and serve.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!