Oreo Spider Cookie Cupcakes are a fun combination of Halloween cupcakes and cookies.
I like how fun these cookie cupcakes are to serve!
Oreo Spider Cookie Cupcakes
This is really a fun cookie and cupcake idea that has so many possibilities.
I have placed my cookie spiders on top of cupcakes to make them even better!
Did you try my Mummy Oreo Cookie idea?
That is another fun way to decorate an Oreo cookie for Halloween.
While this cookie cupcakes features a spider on top of a cupcake, you could easily use those mummies to decorate your cupcakes as well!
To decorate the spiders, you will need edible eyes.
You can find edible eyes here.
This idea is for anyone asking about Oreo spider cookies.
Sandwich cookies really are a perfect decorating cookie for most any fun recipe.
Oreo brand seems to be the most used sandwich cookies.
Sandwich cookies work well in this recipe for a couple of reasons.
Not only are sandwich cookies popular cookies, they are also a sturdy cookie to use as a decoration and be decorated. Even better, that are a flat surface, the right color, and full of their own flavor.
These spider cookies are made without peanut butter.
I have nothing against peanut butter.
However, people do ask about it when it comes to this recipe.
Instead, this is a recipe for a spider cookie that is also the decoration for a cupcake.
Feel free to simply make the cookies only. The cookies do not need to be placed on top of a cupcake like I have them.
Tips for making Oreo Cupcakes like these.
While I am using Oreo cookies for this recipe, you can really use any sandwich cookie of your choice. However, if you want your spider to be black, choose a sandwich cookie that is also black.
More helpful tips for you.
- This cookie is a basic black cookie with a white filling. Feel free to use a special Halloween edition cookie instead.
- Much of the work done on the spider is done using a piping bag. Feel free to use the decorating tool of your choice.
- The legs of the spider are made using frosting that is piped. However, licorice or pretzels can also be used as legs if you want something different.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
Spooky Spider Cupcakes.
This is a two part recipe idea.
The first part is making the cupcakes and the second part is decorating the cookie.
To make the cupcakes, you can use any white cake mix.
Feel free to purchase already made cupcakes for this recipe instead.
Buying cupcakes is a good hack if you are trying to save some time.
Ingredients needed to make these Oreo Cupcakes.
- White Cake Mix- 1.
- Egg Whites- 3.
- Vegetable Oil- ½ cup.
- Vanilla Extract- 1 teaspoon.
- Food Coloring, this is optional and you can use as many different colors are desired depending on how many different colored cupcake you would like to have.
- Vanilla Buttercream Frosting- 2 ½ cups or as needed.
- Sandwich Cookies- 24, such as Oreos.
- Black Decorating Icing.
- Edible Eyes.
How to make Oreo Spider Cookie Cupcakes.
Step 1. Preheat your oven to 350 and prep cupcake pans with liners such a Halloween cupcake liners. Most cake mixes will make two dozen cupcakes. To make the cupcakes, combine together the cake mix, egg whites, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and food coloring. To use more than one color food coloring simple mix the batter until just about blended then divide it and add food coloring as desired.
Step 2. To bake, divide the cupcake batter evenly in the lined cupcake pans. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow the cupcakes to fully cool before decorating.
Step 3. Assemble your cupcakes. To attach the cookies to the cupcakes, place a dollop of buttercream frosting on top of each cupcake and then place to cookie on top. Using a piping bag can make this pretty if desired. Use a bit of the decorating icing to attach the eyes and draw the legs. You can use pretzels or black licorice to make the legs if preferred.
Oreo Spider Cookie Cupcakes. a Halloween inspired cupcake recipe that is topped with a sandwich cookie spider.
Oreo Spider Cookie Cupcakes
- To bake, divide the cupcake batter evenly in the lined cupcake pans. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow the cupcakes to fully cool before decorating.
- Assemble your cupcakes. To attach the cookies to the cupcakes, place a dollop of buttercream frosting on top of each cupcake and then place to cookie on top. Using a piping bag can make this pretty if desired. Use a bit of the decorating icing to attach the eyes and draw the legs. You can use pretzels or black licorice to make the legs if preferred.
originally posted:September 10, 2021
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!