(warning, jumping to recipe can result in missing important information including alternative ingredients and tips. Also, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases made via the links on this website.)
This recipe for peanut butter and apple muffins is perfect for serving to family and friends.
I like the texture and flavor that comes from the peanut butter and apples!
Peanut Butter and Apple Muffins.
This is an easy muffin recipe that has some great flavors in it.
I like that this is a perfect recipe to make for kids, family, or a gathering of people.
Did you try my recipe for Air Fried Cinnamon Apple Fries?
That air fryer recipe is another apple recipe that works for a family, kids, or a crowd.
This recipe for apple muffins is baked in an oven.
Line your muffin pans with muffin liners to make for easier serving.
You can find a great selection of muffin liners, including the reusable kind of liners, here.
People often ask what does peanut butter do in baking.
I really like to add peanut butter to my recipes because I enjoy the flavor of the peanut butter.
In a recipe such as this one, the peanut butter works with the other flavors in making the perfect tasting muffin.
However, peanut butter does more than just flavor food that it is added to.
In baked muffins, peanut butter us considered to be like a fat and as a result, gives our muffins a more moist texture. Peanut butter also adds protein and fiber to the recipe.
You may be wondering what is the best apple for baking.
It really depends upon what you are baking. However, most of the time you want to use an apple that stands up well to heat especially when making pies or cobblers.
In this recipe the heat is not the biggest factor unless you want apple chunks in your muffins (not a bad idea...)
Good apple choices in this recipe include Fuji, Granny Smith, or even Honeycrisp.
You are welcome to use the apple of your choice if needed.
Tips for making this peanut butter apple recipe.
I am using regular all purpose flour in this recipe as it is easiest to follow. However, you are welcome to use a gluten free all purpose flour in you want these to be gluten free muffins.
Here are some more helpful tips for you.
- This recipe calls for using vegetable oil. Feel free to sub in apple sauce for part of the vegetable oil. This will take down the fat and add extra apple flavor to your muffins.
- I prefer baking with organic no added sugar peanut butter to keep my muffin ingredients s as pure as possible. You can find organic peanut butter here.
- Make this recipe low in sugar or close to sugar free (apple have natural sugar in them ). Use a sugar alternative that measures 1:1 with sugar. I would cut this to ½ to ¾ of a cup as sugar alternatives handle moisture differently than sugar does.
How to prepare apples for baking in muffins.
Use average sized apples that are fresh for best results.
If there are any impurities, simple cut them out.
Removing the skin from the apples will allow for the apples to become part of of the muffins while baking.
If you decide to keep the skin on the apples, I would suggest cleaning them first.
Remove the core and dice the apples into 1- 1 ½" chunks.
Be sure to follow DIYandFUN on Facebook and on Pinterest.
I also have a weekly newsletter that you can subscribe to.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
Here are some more ideas that you may be interested in.
How to make cream cheese frosting for muffins.
The frosting for these muffins can make these muffins kind of like cupcakes.
It is an optional topping idea that you are welcome to use or omit from your muffins.
To make the frosting simple beat together the following ingredients.
- Cream Cheese- 8 ounce block . This should be softened to room temperature.
- Butter- 2 tablespoons.
- Powdered Sugar- 1 cup.
- Vanilla Extract- 1 teaspoon.
Ingredients needed to make apple and peanut butter muffins.
- Flour- 1 ½ cups.
- Baking Powder- 2 teaspoons.
- Ground Cinnamon- 1 ½ teaspoons.
- Sugar- ½ cup.
- Peanut Butter- 2 tablespoons.
- Vegetable Oil- ¼ cup.
- Milk ½ cup.
- Apples- 2 apples in cubes.
How to make Peanut Butter and Apple Muffins.
Step 1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Prepare your muffin pan well for nonstick.
Step 2. In a medium bowl, use a whisk or a fork to mix together the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Set this bowl aside.
Step 3. Next, in a mixing bowl, beat together the sugar, peanut butter, and oil until smooth. Then add the dry ingredients from the first bowl and give it a quick mix before adding the egg and milk. Mix until just blended. Fold in the apple chunks.
Step 4. Fill each muffin cup ¾ th of the way full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the oven and allow for them to fully cool before adding the frosting.
Peanut Butter and Apple Muffins, an easy and tasty muffin recipe that are perfect for breakfast, brunch, or snacks.
Peanut Butter and Apple Muffins
- muffin pan
- 1 ½ cups Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Milk
- Apples -cubed, see post for details
- Frosting -See post for details and recipe
- reheat your oven to 400 degrees. Prepare your muffin pan well for nonstick. In a medium bowl, use a whisk or a fork to mix together the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Set this bowl aside.
- Next, in a mixing bowl, beat together the sugar, peanut butter, and oil until smooth. Then add the dry ingredients from the first bowl and give it a quick mix before adding the egg and milk. Mix until just blended. Fold in the apple chunks.
- Fill each muffin cup ¾ th of the way full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the oven and allow for them to fully cool before adding the frosting.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!