Easiest Pumpkin Dump Cake, that is perfect for sharing with others.
You will like the simple hack that makes this cake such a good one!
Easiest Pumpkin Dump Cake
This dump cake is perfect for desserts and for sharing.
Pumpkin dump cake is a great idea for potlucks or parties too!
Did you try my recipe for Air Fryer Pumpkin Muffins?
That pumpkin muffin recipe is another easy recipe to make.
This recipe is a bit sweeter and is mean for more of a crowd.
This recipe calls for a box of carrot cake mix. You can find carrot cake mix here.
Everyone asks why is it called a dump cake?
I will admit that I was stumped by the name myself.
Why would anyone call something 'dump' when it is meant to be a tasty treat dessert idea?
There are a couple of theories about why a cake would be called a 'dump' cake.
The easiest theory to believe, in my opinion, is that the name came from the idea that the ingredients are 'dumped' into a baking dish and then baked. Another theory is that
the name came from using a cake mix to make a cobbler-ish kind of dessert.
Here is what makes this dump cake easy.
Using a cake mix really takes a lot of steps out of making a dump cake.
If you think about all of the ingredients that go into a cake mix, you can probably understand why.
Here is what a cake mix brings to this dump cake recipe.
A box of cake mix brings all of the dry ingredients that normally go into a cake along with sweetener and flavor. Think about the steps that you would have taken to have to measure out all of these ingredients!
Here are some tips for making an easy dump cake.
This is one of the few recipes that call for butter where the butter does not have to be softened to room temperature. In fact, using butter that comes just out of the refrigerator works best in a dump cake!
Here are some more tips for you.
- When you slice the butter, slice it into pieces that are no wider than a half inch and no thinner than a quarter inch. Also, try to cut the butter into evenly sized pieces so that the cake gets the butter more evenly distributes.
- This dump cake should be made in a 9 X 13" baking dish. I suggest that you prep the baking dish well for nonstick as well.
- Allow the baked dump cake to cool in the baking dish after taking it out of the oven. This will help the cake set and thus, be easier to serve.
How to personalize your pumpkin dump cake.
Yes, this cake is good just the way it is. However, there are ways to make it even better!
Here are some ideas for making your cake better.
- This recipe calls for using carrot cake mix. Feel free to use another flavor such as a basic yellow cake mix if you desire to.
- Shredded carrots to the cake. I would allow the carrots to sit on a paper towel for twenty minutes to allow them to drain before adding them to the cake.
- Cream Cheese frosting is used in this recipe. Feel free to use a basic vanilla or other flavor frosting.
- Top your dump cake with Halloween inspired sprinkles or fall cake toppings.
You may also be interested in these ideas.
The recipe for the Easiest Pumpkin Dump Cake
This cake is made with pumpkin puree, cake mix, and a few more ingredients.
The ingredients are layered in a baking dish and baked.
Because this cake is layers rather than mixed, it resembles a cobbler.
For this recipe, this cake would go great with a scoop of ice cream on the side.
Whipped cream would work as well!
Ingredients Needed to make dump cake.
- Pumpkin Puree- 2 cans (15 ounces each).
- Pumpkin Pie Spice- 1 tablespoon.
- Cream Cheese Frosting- 1 container (15-16 ounces).
- Chopped Walnuts- 1 cup.
- Carrot Cake Mix- 1 box (15 ounces).
- Butter- 1 ½ sticks (¾ cup), cubed about ½" wide.
How to make a Better than Pumpkin Pie Dump Cake.
Step 1. Prep work. Preheat your oven to 350 and prep your baking dish well for nonstick.
Step 2. Assemble the ingredients. Evenly distribute the pumpkin puree over the bottom of the baking dish and then sprinkle the pumpkin pie spice over it.
Warm the frosting as directed on the container (such as, microwave in a safe container until soft- about 30 seconds). Pour the frosting over the pumpkin puree. Next, evenly distribute the walnuts and then top with the cake mix, again evenly spread out. Lastly, cover with cubes of butter.
Step 3. Bake. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool before serving.
Easiest Pumpkin Dump Cake, a simple fall inspired dessert recipe that is perfect for gatherings, Thanksgiving, or Holidays.
Easiest Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Preheat your oven to 350 and prep your baking dish well for nonstick. Evenly distribute the pumpkin puree over the bottom of the baking dish and then sprinkle the pumpkin pie spice over it.Warm the frosting as directed on the container (such as, microwave in a safe container until soft- about 30 seconds). Pour the frosting over the pumpkin puree. Next, evenly distribute the walnuts and then top with the cake mix, again evenly spread out. Lastly, cover with cubes of butter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool before serving.