(warning, jumping to recipe can result in missing important information including alternative ingredients and tips. Also, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases made via the links on this website.)
How to make Mummy Jalapeno Peppers that are fun to serve for Halloween season.
This simple recipe idea takes only five ingredients to make!
How to make Mummy Jalapeno Peppers
This is a fun recipe idea for a Halloween inspired appetizer.
I like that this recipe can be made with just five ingredients as well!
Did you try my Easiest Halloween Hot Dog Mummies?
That mummy recipe is similar to this one only it feature hot dogs.
This recipe would be cute to serve beside that hot dog mummy recipe!
Fall is a wonderful time of the year to do activities with your family. Here are 20 Cheap Fall Activity Ideas for families!
This recipe is for anyone asking for a mummy jalapeno recipe with bacon.
While you do not have to add the bacon, the bacon can add an extra flavor to this recipe.
You can also use a bacon alternative such as turkey bacon or vegan bacon.
Mummy Jalapeno Poppers are a fun appetizer to serve.
This is a simple recipe that can easily be personalized.
It takes about 20 minutes to make these poppers too!
People ask what sauce goes with jalapenos peppers.
Really, something simple such as ketchup would probably work okay with this recipe.
I would also think about ranch dip or even blue cheese dip could work.
I serve these poppers with a choice of dips.
One dip would be a dairy-based dip (like onion dip) to help offset the jalapeno pepper.
Other dips would be the kind that compliment these poppers such as a cheesy dip.
Tips for making Jalapeno Poppers
This recipe calls for basic crescent rolls that come in a tube.
Feel free to use other kinds of dough that can be customize to use in strips to wrap around your mummies.
More tips for you.
- I mentioned that there is bacon that is used in this recipe. The bacon helps to hold the other ingredient in place. Feel free to use an alternative such as salami or large pieces of pepperoni instead.
- Seasonings can help make these poppers taste even better. Add them in small amounts however, as your poppers will have plenty of flavor thanks to the jalapenos.
- If your popper seems to be falling apart, you can use a toothpick to hold it together.
How to personalize Mummy Poppers
Make your mummy poppers even better by personalizing them.
You can do this by adding flavors or decorations.
Try one of these ideas.
- Sprinkle cheese on top before baking your poppers.
- Add edible eyes.
- Serve your mummies with Halloween inspired picks.
- Mix some chopped green onions in with your cream cheese.
- Sprinkle some Everything But The Bagel Seasoning on top.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
Here are some more ideas that you may be interested in.
How to prepare Jalapenos.
Preparing your jalapenos properly can save you some kitchen pain.
This is because jalapenos are hot and should be handled with a bit of caution (as in, it is a good idea to not touch your face when handling them).
Here is how to prepare jalapenos for this recipe.
Some fold prefer to wear gloves when handling peppers such as jalapenos.
Rinse the jalapenos under cold water and then allow them to dry.
Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and then use a spoon to scoop out the seeds.
Ingredients needed to make mummy poppers.
- Jalapeno Peppers- 6.
- Cream Cheese- 8 ounces, softened to room temperature.
- Bacon Bits- ¼ cup or as desired.
- Olives- 12 black, sliced in half for eyes.
- Crescent Rolls- 1 tube from the refrigerator section, unbaked.
How to make Mummy Jalapeno Peppers
Step 1. Prepare the mummy poppers. Rinse the jalapeno peppers and allow them to dry. Slice the peppers in half and remove the seeds.
Preheat your oven to 350 and prep a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium mixing bowl, blend together the cream cheese and the bacon bits. Next, use a teaspoon to fill each of the peppers with the mixture.
Step 2. Assemble the mummies.
Unroll the crescent rolls and then divide the dough into four parts. To remove the perforations, simple press them out with your fingers. Then use a knife, pizza cutter, or pastry wheel to cut each of the four pieces of dough into nine stripes.
Wrap each of the stuffed peppers with three strips (wrapping from the bottom up) and then add the eyes before placing the peppers onto the prepped baking sheet.
Step 3. Bake.
Bake the poppers for 18-20 minutes or until the bread begins to turn golden brown.
How to make Mummy Jalapeno Peppers, a simple and tasty five ingredient Halloween inspired appetizer recipe idea.
Easy Mummy Jalapeno Poppers
- 6 Jalapeno Peppers
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup Bacon Bits
- 12 Olives
- Crescent Rolls
- Slice the peppers in half and remove the seeds. Preheat your oven to 350 and prep a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.Blend together the cream cheese and the bacon bits. Next, use a teaspoon to fill each of the peppers with the mixture. Unroll the crescent rolls and then divide the dough into four parts. To remove the perforations, simple press them out with your fingers. Then use a knife, pizza cutter, or pastry wheel to cut each of the four pieces of dough into nine stripes.Wrap each of the stuffed peppers with three strips (wrapping from the bottom up) and then add the eyes before placing the peppers onto the prepped baking sheet.
- Bake the poppers for 18-20 minutes or until the bread begins to turn golden brown.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!