(warning, jumping to recipe can result in missing important information including alternative ingredients and tips. Also, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases made via the links on this website.)
These Easiest Halloween Hot Dog Mummies are perfect for anyone who enjoys the Halloween season.
Even better, this recipe idea is also simple to make!
Easiest Halloween Hot Dog Mummies.
This is really an easy recipe that is fun to eat!
I like how perfect these hot dogs are especially around Halloween.
Did you try my recipe for How to Make Mummy Oreo Cookies?
That 'mummy' recipe is also easy to make but, is for a dessert or treat idea.
This recipe for mummy dogs is more of a meal, that could be eaten before the Oreos perhaps.
The mummies in this recipe are made with edible eyes.
You can find edible eyes for sale here.
This recipe is for anyone asking what is traditional Halloween food.
Yes, candy is probably the most famous food that is associated with Halloween.
However, candy is not the only food that can be eaten on or around Halloween time.
Halloween inspired hot dog mummies have been around for a while.
The mummies use to be made by wrapping premade bun dough around a hot dog and then baking them. Hot dog mummies have gotten more creative and cuter to look at since the bun days.
If you are asking how do you make a Halloween party fun, this will work for you.
Serve up some Halloween inspired mummy hot dogs that are creative and fun.
You can add some sliced apples or carrots on the side.
Make the Halloween party fun with some witches brew served with these hot dogs.
Serve your witches brew from a Halloween cauldron kettle.
These hot dogs can be served on top of a Halloween serving tray!
Tips for making Halloween Hot Dog Mummies.
These Halloween mummies are wrapped in puff pastry because it is easier to work with and looks good. Feel free to use a rolled out premade dough or biscuit instead.
More helpful tips for you.
- Make your mummies vegan by using vegan dough and vegan hot dogs.
- Use sausage, a chicken hot dog, or a turkey hot dog instead of the standard hot dog.
- Add a kid-safe stick to your hot dog to make it easier to eat (like a corndog).
How to personalize your mummy dog.
Yes this is a fun way to eat a hot dog. However, you can also personalize yours to make it even better!
- Add cheese to your dogs before adding the mummy wrap.
- Make the eyes look silly by placing them in an odd way.
- Add arms and legs to the hot dogs using pretzels.
- Decorate your mummies using edible Halloween cake decorations.
Be sure to follow DIYandFUN on Facebook and on Pinterest.
I also have a weekly newsletter that you can subscribe to.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also like these ideas!
Ingredients needed to make hot dog mummies.
- Puff pastry (about four slices for a package of hot dogs.)
- Hot Dogs- 8 (one package)
- Edible Eye Candies.- at least 2 per hot dog.
How to make mummy dogs made with puff pastry.
Step one. Prepare the ingredients. Take the puff pastry out of the freezer and set it out on the counter to get to room temperature. The pastry should be put on top of a cutting board while it sits. Rinse off your hot dogs to remove any extra liquid that may be on them. Allow the hot dogs to dry.
Step two. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat your oven to 400. Use a pizza wheel, pastry wheel, or knife to cut into strips that are about ½" wide. Then wrap the individual hot dogs in the pastry strips in a mummy-fashion leaving room for the eyes. Place the mummy on the prepared baking sheet. Do not add the eyes yet.
Step three. Bake the mummy hot dogs for 15-18 minutes or until the dough is golden brown. Remove from the oven and use a bit of mustard or ketchup to attach the eyes before serving.
Easiest Halloween Hot Dog Mummies. A yummy and fun recipe for Mummy inspired hot dogs that is perfect for a fall meal idea or party.
Halloween Hot Dog Mummies
- 4 Puff pastry
- 8 Hot Dogs
- 16 Edible Eye Candies.
- Take the puff pastry out of the freezer and set it out on the counter to get to room temperature. The pastry should be put on top of a cutting board while it sits. Rinse off your hot dogs to remove any extra liquid that may be on them. Allow the hot dogs to dry.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat your oven to 400. Use a pizza wheel, pastry wheel, or knife to cut into strips that are about ½" wide. Then wrap the individual hot dogs in the pastry strips in a mummy-fashion leaving room for the eyes. Place the mummy on the prepared baking sheet. Do not add the eyes yet.Step three. Bake the mummy hot dogs for 15-18 minutes or until the dough is golden brown. Remove from the oven and use a bit of mustard or ketchup to attach the eyes before serving.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!