This Homemade Instant Pot Fall Potpourri is the perfect way to make your home smell nice.
I really like how easy it is to make this in an instant pot too!
Homemade Instant Pot Fall Potpourri
This is a simple do it yourself idea for making fresh potpourri.
I really like that it uses fresh and simple ingredients as well!
Did you read my article on 20 Cheap Fall Activities for Families?
That article has some great ideas on how families can enjoy their time together during the fall season. This potpourri could certainly be added to that list of activities as well!
Are you looking to buy a new instant pot?
You can find a good selection of instant pots are great prices here.
This DIY idea is for anyone asking how do I make my own potpourri.
There really are two kinds of potpourri, dry and wet.
This recipe is for a 'wet potpourri'.
There is an advantages to having a 'wet potpourri'.
A wet potpourri can be used to add fragrance to a larger area such as an entire house.
Dry potpourri has a more limited reach, like a room or a drawer.
There are people who will ask what is the purpose of potpourri.
There are people, like myself, who will say that the purpose of potpourri is to make a room or a home smell nice. I have had many pets and kids in my house..
Here are some more reasons why you may want to have potpourri in your home.
Making this potpourri will help to get you into that 'fall' spirit. If you are having people company over, it can help to get them into that spirit as well.
Here are some tips for making this DIY idea.
This project is made using items that you probably already have around the house.
Feel free to add additional fall-inspired items as well.
More tips for you.
- This project is great for gift giving. Simply place it into a canning or similar jar, add a fall ribbon or other element, and give the potpourri to someone that you care about.
- I will give you the directions on making this on a stove. If you keep this simmering on the stove, or elsewhere, keep an eye on the water level while the heat is on.
- Make this a fall into holiday season scent. Simply add some cranberries to the pot!
How to personalize homemade Potpourri.
Adding or subbing in other ingredients can really personalize your homemade potpourri.
Please note the some of these ideas may not work in with your heating method.
- Maple Extract.
- Coffee Extract.
- Mint Extract or Leaves.
- Cookie or Cake extract ( it exists!).
- Sliced Lemon.
Here are some more ideas that you may be interested in.
Fall Inspired Potpourri Ingredients.
What you will need to make this.
- Apples- 2 sliced into ¼" slices.
- Oranges- 2 sliced into ¼" slices.
- Cloves- 2 tablespoons, whole.
- Nutmeg- 1 tablespoon.
- Cinnamon Sticks- 8.
How to prepare the ingredients listed.
There are three options for heating the potpourri listed below.
Instant Pot Potpourri.
Step 1. Add contents of a jar into the instant pot and set it to sauté. Add 2 cups of water and 2 tablespoons of vanilla per jar and bring to a boil.
Step 2. Once boiling, set instant pot to warm and enjoy the smells. Leave the lid off or partially off as desired for consistency of scent. Lastly, add water as needed as it will burn off.
Slow Cooker Potpourri.
Step 1. Add the contents of a jar into slow cooker and set the slow cooker to high heat. Add 2 cups of water and 2 tablespoons of vanilla per jar and bring to a boil.
Step 2. Leave the lid off or partially off as desired for consistency of scent. Lastly, add water as needed as it will burn off.
Stovetop Fall Potpourri.
Add all ingredients to a pot on the stove. Bring the contents to a boil. Once at a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer. Add more water as needed. Leave any lids off or adjusted.
Homemade Instant Pot Fall Potpourri, Make your home smell amazing with this DIY idea. Includes stove top and slow cooker recipes.
Homemade Instant Pot Fall Potpourri
- instant pot
- Add ½ tablespoon of nutmeg, 1 apple and 1 orange, 4 cinnamon sticks and 1 tablespoon of cloves to a 32 ounce jar evenly dispersed. Repeat with remaining ingredients in another jar.
- Add contents of jar into instant pot and set to sauté. Add 2 cups of water and 2 tablespoons of vanilla per jar and bring to a boil. Once boiling, set instant pot to warm and enjoy the smells. Leave the lid off or partially off as desired for consistency of scent. Lastly, add water as needed as it will burn off.