(warning, jumping to recipe can result in missing important information including alternative ingredients and tips. Also, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases made via the links on this website.)
Easy Fall Snack Mix that we all seem to love.
I like that this can be served just about anywhere and people just snarf it down!
Easy Fall Snack Mix
This is a very popular fall inspired snack mix.
You probably already have the ingredients, or most of the ingredients, on hand.
Did you try my Simple S'Mores Snack Mix recipe?
That is a similar recipe idea that features marshmallows and other s'mores ingredients.
This recipe is is really more focused on the fall season.
This recipe gets its fall inspiration for using fall candies. Fall Reese's or Fall M & M's are good choices for this.
A fall snack mix is like a marriage of flavors and textures.
We have our salty and crunchie element- cereal and pretzels.
There there is our sweet elements in the candy that we add to the mix.
As far as texture goes, variety can be a good thing.
Rounded pretzels versus square shaped cereal help differentiate out salty elements.
The sweet elements include two different kinds of candy.
This recipe is based upon the popular Reese's snack mix recipe.
Reese's pieces are used to get us the autumn colors (yellow, orange, etc). Then we also add Reese's White minis (unwrapped) to kind of shake things up!
This snack mix has Chex cereal.
However, you could use Reese's puffs instead or in addition to the Chex cereal.
This recipes has a lot of variations.
Tips for making this Halloween snack mix.
While I am calling this a "Halloween" or "Fall" inspired snack mix, it can be enjoyed any time of the year.
Simply swap out the candy for candy the colors that are needed for your holiday (red and green for Christmas for example).
More tips for you.
- This recipe is sweetened with honey. Feel free to sub in maple syrup or a sweetener of your choice.
- This is a recipe that kids can help make. Choose an age-appropriate task that your child can do to help you with.
- In case you do have leftovers, they should be stored in an airtight container. Store your snack mix in a cool and dry locations as well.
Personalize this easy fall snack mix.
This recipe is fine just the way it is.
However, sometimes you do not have all of the ingredients on hand or you do not like all of the ingredients that are added.
Here are some ways that you can personalize your fall mix.
- Add candy corn, candy pumpkins or other popular Halloween goodies.
- Use Chex mix with or instead of the cereal.
- People like snack food such as Bugles tossed in too.
- Peanut or other nuts are popular add-ins.
- Make your autumn mix healthier by adding raisins, dried apples, or or other dried fruit.
- Drizzle melted chocolate on top.
- Toss in some mini marshmallows.
- Stretch this mix out by adding popcorn to it.
Be sure to follow DIYandFUN on Facebook and on Pinterest.
I also have a weekly newsletter that you can subscribe to.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
About easy fall snack mix recipes.
Like most snack mix recipes, it is really about the ease of the process.
While you could throw in everything in your kitchen pantry, try to use food that is about the same size to make it easier to eat.
Also, mixes in general are more successful when they feature salty versus sweet.
Having a good balance of the two is essential to making the snack mix taste good.
People are usually more interested in eating it rather than thinking about what they are eating.
Ingredients needed to make this fall snack mix recipe.
- Mini Pretzels- 4 cups.
- Cereal such as Chex cereal- 3 cups.
- Butter- ½ cup (can use an alternative).
- Honey- ½ cup.
- Fall candy such as Reese's Pieces- ½ cup.
- White Chocolate Unwrapped Minis (such as Reese's or Kit Kat)- ⅔ cup.
How to make this Easy Autumn Snack Mix.
Step One: Prep work.
Preheat your oven to 350 and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step Two: pretzels and cereal.
Place the pretzels and cereal in a large mixing bowl and give them a quick toss.
In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter in 15 second intervals, stirring between intervals, until melted. Once melted, stir in the honey and then drizzle half of it over the pretzels and cereal, toss, and repeat until the dry ingredients are all covered. Evenly spread this mixture on the prepped baking sheet and bake until golden brown (about 12-15 minutes), stirring as needed.
Step Three: finish.
Allow the mix on the baking sheet to cool. Meanwhile, in a large serving bowl, combine together the remaining ingredients (candy). When the baked mixture has cooled, simple toss it with the ingredients in the serving bowl and serve.
Easy Fall Snack Mix, a simple recipe for homemade snack mix featuring cereal and fall inspired sweet treats.
EASY FALL SNACK MIX
- 4 cups Mini Pretzels
- 3 cups Cereal such as Chex cereal
- ½ cup Butter
- ½ cup Honey
- ½ cup Fall candy such as Reese's Pieces
- ⅔ cup White Chocolate Unwrapped Minis
- Preheat your oven to 350 and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the pretzels and cereal in a large mixing bowl and give them a quick toss. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter in 15 second intervals, stirring between intervals, until melted. Once melted, stir in the honey and then drizzle half of it over the pretzels and cereal, toss, and repeat until the dry ingredients are all covered. Evenly spread this mixture on the prepped baking sheet and bake until golden brown (about 12-15 minutes), stirring as needed.
- Allow the mix on the baking sheet to cool. Meanwhile, in a large serving bowl, combine together the remaining ingredients (candy). When the baked mixture has cooled, simple toss it with the ingredients in the serving bowl and serve.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!