(warning, jumping to recipe can result in missing important information including alternative ingredients and tips. Also, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases made via the links on this website.)
Crescent Dough Pumpkin Pie Twists is a creative way to enjoy pumpkin pie in a bread stick.
I like how easy these twisted sticks are to make!
Crescent Dough Pumpkin Pie Twists
This recipe is made with crescent rolls that you can purchase in the refrigerator section of your local grocery store.
I like that these twists can be served with as is or with whipped topping on the side.
Have you tried my recipe for Easiest Pumpkin Dump Cake?
That pumpkin dump cake is made with cake mix as well as pumpkin puree.
Like this recipe, that recipe is a quick and easy idea that are impressive when serving.
This recipe is made with pumpkin spice seasoning. You can find pumpkin spice seasoning here.
This recipe is for anyone asking what do you eat for breakfast in the fall.
Honestly, this recipe can be made for any time of the day.
Not only is it a fun idea for breakfast or brunch, these pumpkin twists are a nice idea for a snack.
I would say that it is nice that this recipe is a quick idea for making food for a crowd.
You can bake up a batch for visiting relatives, a small gathering, or even for kids who come to visit.
Personalizing these twists can make them even better!
People ask are crescent rolls the same as puff pastry.
Puff pastry is a fluffy dough and appears to look like it has layers thanks to the technique used to fold it. Also, puff pastry is made with grated butter and cold water before being refrigerated.
Crescent rolls on the other hand, are more like a true roll that has been shaped into a simple twist before baking.
Possibly the biggest difference between crescent rolls and puff pastry is that crescent rolls have yeast in them and as a result, need to have time to rise before using.
However, they certainly can be used interchangeable in a recipe such as this one.
Tips for making these easy pumpkin pie twists.
You really do not have to use the most expensive crescent rolls to make these.
Because we are stuffing them with pumpkin puree, nobody will even notice that you have used a lesser brand.
More tips for you.
- Yes, you can make these twists into puff pastry pumpkin pie twists. Simply use puff pastry, according to the directions on the packaging, instead of the crescent rolls.
- This recipe calls for slicing the dough into strips. While you could use a knife, I think it may even be easier to use a pizza cutter to slice the dough.
- While this recipe is for 'sticks' you can easily make them into another shape. Try folding your 'sticks' like a pretzel or wrapped into a circle like a sweet roll for example.
Personalize your crescent rolls stuffed with pumpkin.
While these pumpkin sticks are fine just the way they are, you can take them up a notch.
Here are ways to make this recipe better.
- Drizzle icing or glaze over your twists.
- Use apple butter or pumpkin butter instead of the pumpkin for then inside of the twists.
- Add some mini chocolate chips to the filling.
- Roll up the twists to look like a pumpkin.
- Add some sprinkles to the top.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
Make this recipe into air fryer pumpkin pie twists.
Yes, this is a recipe meant for the ease of placing everything on a baking sheet and baking at one time.
However, I too enjoy a good air fryer recipe too!
Here is how to make this recipe in an air fryer.
Make the twists just like the baked version.
Preheat your air fryer to 320, place the individual twists into the basket leaving plenty of room between each twist, air fry for 5-6 minutes or until done. You may need to do this in batches.
Ingredients needed to make these Crescent Dough Twists
Whipped cream or cool whip for dipping
- Pumpkin Puree- ½ cup.
- Maple Syrup- 1 tablespoon.
- Brown Sugar- ¼ cup.
- Ground Cinnamon- ½ teaspoon.
- Refrigerator Crescent Dough- 1 tube.
- Pumpkin Spice- 1 teaspoon.
- Sugar- 1 tablespoon.
- Butter- 2 tablespoons, melted.
How to make easy Pumpkin Pie Twists
Step One- prepare the filling.
In a mixing bowl, combine together the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon.
Step Two- make the twists.
Preheat the oven to 375 and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Open up the tube of of dough over a clean work spaces and unroll the crescent rolls so that you have four large rectangles that are separated. Spread the filling on two of the rectangles and then top those rectangles with the other rectangles so that you have created a sandwich.
Use a knife or pizza cutter to slice both of the rectangles sandwiches into five strips, making 10 total (feel free to make more or less slices as desired). Twist each of the strips and place it on to the prepped baking sheet.
In a small bowl, use a fork to mix together the pumpkin spice, sugar and melted butter.
Then brush the mixture on to the twists. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the twists begin to turn brown.
Serve with whipped topping, soft cream cheese, or your choice of dip.
Crescent Dough Pumpkin Pie Twists, bread sticks stuffed with pumpkin pie. A simple breakfast, brunch, or snack idea .
Crescent Dough Pumpkin Pie Twists
- In a mixing bowl, combine together the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon. Preheat the oven to 375 and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Open up the tube of of dough over a clean work spaces and unroll the crescent rolls so that you have four large rectangles that are separated. Spread the filling on two of the rectangles and then top those rectangles with the other rectangles so that you have created a sandwich.Use a knife or pizza cutter to slice both of the rectangles sandwiches into five strips, making 10 total (feel free to make more or less slices as desired). Twist each of the strips and place it on to the prepped baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to mix together the pumpkin spice, sugar and melted butter. Then brush the mixture on to the twists. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the twists begin to turn brown. Serve with whipped topping, soft cream cheese, or your choice of dip.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!