How to Make a Origami Frankenstein Bag.
This is a fun paper origami project for making a 'Frankenstein' inspired bag.
How to Make a Origami Frankenstein Bag
This is a fun project especially for anyone who enjoys origami.
These Frankenstein, or monster, bags are perfect for holding candy or other items especially during Halloween.
Did you make my Origami cat bag project?
That is a very similar origami project but, it results in a cat bag.
This project is especially for anyone who is a fan of 'Frankenstein'.
We all seem to wonder what is the story behind Frankenstein.
We have seen many different 'Frankenstein' inspired monsters throughout the years.
From books to movies to even TV shows.
The most famous story of 'Frankenstein' is based upon the famous book by Mary Shelly.
In the book, a 'monster' is created using body parts from others.
Because this monster is possibly the most famous, it is no wonder why he is so popular during the Halloween season!
What is Origami and what does Origami symbolize?
Origami is the Japanese art of folding paper into shapes.
In this project, Origami will be folded into the shape of a bag which depicts a monster.
Technically, Origami means to fold paper.
Origami paper is folded into shapes without the uses of scissors, tape, or even glue.
As you can imagine, there are easy Origami projects and difficult ones with many projects in between.
Tips here are some tips for making Halloween origami.
This bag is meant to be made using a piece of origami paper that is folded into a bag.
While tape or glue is not really part of origami, if you really need to use it, I would... 🙂
More tips for you
- Review the instructions before making this project. It will make them easier to follow when you are actually making this project.
- This project calls for using Origami paper. I would suggest that you use actual Origami paper and not another kind of paper as this is a specially made paper for projects such as this one.
- Take your time to make this project especially if you are new to Origami. It may take more than one try to make your perfect cat.
Personalize your monster origami bag.
This is a cute bag as is according to the tutorial.
However, there are ways to make this bag even cuter!
Try one of these ideas.
- Use markers to color your Monster bag.
- Use another color besides green to make your monster not a green one.
- Make your monster bag into a girl by adding yarn hair and earrings.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
Uses for your origami monster bag.
Once you have made your cat origami bag, there are some creative things that you can do with it.
Yes, these bags can be displayed as they are for Halloween.
Here are some more ways to enjoy your origami bag.
- Fill the bag with candy and give it to someone as a gift.
- Hang your Halloween bag on a Halloween tree.
- Use your bag to hold something such as paper clips, coins, or even small Halloween toys.
Materials needed to make this origami bag.
- Origami Paper (8 X 8", green)
- Also, Origami Paper- 2 for handles ( 8 X .75").
- Paper scraps- for face features.
How to make this Origami Frankenstein Bag
(Follow the diagram above or view the video.)
Fold the 8”x8” paper in half. The open the paper and fold it in the opposite direction to form a cross with the fold creases. Open the paper and fold one corner to the other to make a triangle. Again, open the paper and join the other two opposite corners
Your paper should now have 8 equal sized triangle creases. With the paper open, grab the sides of the bottom large triangle press in the sides to bring together the top large triangle. This forms the double triangle base. Next, turn the triangle so the point points downward. Take one side point and make a fold about 1.75” . Repeat with the other 3 side points (both sides) so that it looks like “dog ears” on both sides.
Fold the point of a “dog ear” in to meet the line. Fold the bottom portion to the side (to make a helpful crease) and then up. Push the bottom of the point pocket open and tuck in the little triangle so that it looks like the photo above. Repeat this for the other 3 “dog ears”.
Fold the front two sides and back two sides together to hide the folds and tucks. Then fold the bottom point, with the point stopping about half way. This crease forms the bottom of the bag.
Step four: Finishing Touches.
Add eyes and a nose to the bag using scrap paper. Then add ears and the handles, attaching them using tape or glue. Decorate as desired.
How to Make a Origami Frankenstein Bag, Step by Step instructions with video for making a homemade Frankenstein inspired. origami bag.
See the video for this tutorial here.