Patriotic Chocolate Covered Oreos is really a perfect holiday treat.
I like how these cookies make for a great decoration in addition to tasting like a sweet treat or dessert!
Patriotic Chocolate Covered Oreos
This is a simple idea for decorating a sandwich cookie for a patriotic holiday celebration.
The red, white, and blue decorations can make a regular sandwich cookie look more fun to eat!
Did you try my Cookies and Cream Cake in a Jar?
That idea is another popular idea for a dessert treat.
While this is an idea for decorating sandwich cookies, that idea makes a cookie dessert that you can eat from a jar!
These cookies look great when decorated with edible patriotic decorations. You can find edible patriotic decorations here.
This recipe is especially for anyone looking for something easy and fun to make for the 4th of July.
Sandwich cookies, such as Oreo cookies, are well known by about everyone.
They are also a popular choice for a cookie, which can make this idea even better.
Coating an already made cookie with melted chocolate (White Candy Coating) is a relatively simple kitchen task.
However, decorating the chocolate coated cookies can be a fun task. The decorations certainly make the presentation of the cookies more impressive.
You may be wondering how to serve chocolate covered Oreo cookies.
When Oreo cookies are coated with chocolate, they can take on a bigger presence. That is, coating a sandwich cookie with melted chocolate in a way, transform the cookie into a dessert in itself.
These cookies can be easily served like a dessert.
Tips for making patriotic decorated cookies.
More tips for you
- This recipe uses a standard black and white Oreo cookie. Feel free to use a flavored or colorful version if you prefer to.
- The optimal consistency of the melted chocolate is for it to be able to easily 'flow' off of a spoon. If you need to thin yours out to do so, you can add about a half teaspoon of vegetable oil or melted coconut oil to thin it out.
- The chocolate in this recipe is melted in a microwave safe bowl. However, if you use a microwave safe glass measuring cup, your melted chocolate will hold on to the heat and consistency longer.
Personalize your chocolate coated Oreo cookies.
These cookies are fun and tasty just the way they are. However, you can also make yours even better.
Try one of these ideas.
- Make this Oreo into a dessert pop. Open the sandwich cookie up and use a bit of the melted chocolate (White Candy Coating) to attach a lollipop sucker stick. then use a bit more of the melted chocolate (White Candy Coating) to secure the cookie back together
- Use Flavored Oreos rather than the usual kind.
- Serve these cookies in individual Patriotic Wrappers.
- Add extra Patriotic Sprinkles to your cookies.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
About this patriotic Oreo cookie recipe.
This is a red, white, and blue patriotic inspired recipe idea for decorating sandwich cookies.
You can use any sandwich cookie however, I am featuring Oreo cookies in this recipe.
The cookies are first coated with melted White Candy Coating.
After the melted White Candy Coating has cooled we will decorate the cookies. The theme is red, white, and blue especially for the 4th of July holiday.
Ingredients needed to make patriotic Oreo cookies.
This recipe is a lot easier to make if you use a silicon Oreo mold which you can find here.
- Oreo Cookies- 1 package. you can use any sandwich cookie if desired.
- White Candy Coating - 1 (10 ounce) package or as needed. You can alternatively use Almond Bark .
- Vegetable Oil or melted coconut oil -1-2 teaspoons or as needed for texture.
- Blue & Red Candy melts - this ½ cup of each or as needed for decoration.
- Optional-edible patriotic decorations here.
How to make Patriotic Chocolate Covered Oreos
Step One: prepare.
Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. This will be the location for setting the coated sandwich cookies while decorating them.
Step Two: melt the chocolate (White Candy Coating) and cover the cookies.
Start by melting the chocolate White Candy Coating as indicated on the packaging. I like to place mine in a microwave safe bowl and microwave, stopping every 30 seconds to stir, until creamy. Do not overheat or overcook the coating. You can stir in the oil or coconut oil instead to help the texture. The melted coating is ready when it can run off of a spoon that is used to stir it.
Use a large spoon to fill each of the mold cavities with the melted coating (about ⅔ of the way). Then press a cookie into the melted chocolate, covering the entire cookie with the coating. Transfer the cookies to the freezer to set (about 10 minutes).
Step Three: decorate the cookies.
Once the cookies have set, you can simply pop each of the cookies from the mold and place them on to the rimmed baking sheet that is lined with the parchment paper.
One at a time, melt each of the colored candy melts according to the directions and decorate the cookies. You can drizzle the melted colors over the cookies or use a piping bag with tip. Allow for the first color to set before adding the second one. You can add optional decorates while the colors set.
Patriotic Chocolate Covered Oreos, a simple and delicious dessert or snack recipe for white chocolate covered sandwich cookies.
Patriotic Chocolate Covered Oreos
- Oreo mold
Optional-edible patriotic decorations here.
- Start by melting the chocolate White Candy Coating as indicated on the packaging. Do not overheat or overcook the coating. You can stir in the oil or coconut oil instead to help the texture. Use a large spoon to fill each of the mold cavities with the melted coating (about ⅔ of the way). Then press a cookie into the melted chocolate, covering the entire cookie with the coating. Transfer the cookies to the freezer to set (about 10 minutes).
- Pop the cookies from the molds and place them on to a prepped workspace.One at a time, melt each of the colored candy melts according to the directions and decorate the cookies. You can drizzle the melted colors over the cookies or use a piping bag with tip. Allow for the first color to set before adding the second one. You can add optional decorates while the colors set.