Carrot Cake Rice Krispie Treats are a flavorful twist on a standard recipe.
I like the carrot cake idea especially during the spring months.
Carrot Cake Rice Krispie Treats
This is a dessert treat recipe made with marshmallows.
For added flavor, we are are adding carrots and a carrot cake-like topping.
Did you try my Cookies and Cream Rice Krispies Treats?
That recipe is another take on on the popular Rice Krispie Treats.
While this Rice Krispie Treat is made with carrots, that one is made with a cookies and cream.
Make these Krispie treats perfect for Spring. Add some spring time sprinkles on top!
You may be wondering what flavor is carrot cake.
For a real flavor of carrots, there really is no substitute for the real thing.
Grated carrots are used in this recipe for that tasty carrot flavor.
Carrot cake has more than just carrots in it.
The cake will usually have brown sugar in it.
Also, spices such as cinnamon bring out the flavor of carrot cake.
People sometimes ask how to make gooey Rice Krispie Treats.
There really is a lot going on with this recipe as is.
You may not want your Krispie treats to be gooey too.
However, for those of us who really want that gooey treat, here is how to do it.
To make your Rice Krispies Treats even more gooey it just takes one ingredient.
Add extra marshmallows, even better, marshmallows of different sizes!
Tips for making carrot cake treats.
While these treats are made with Rice Krispie Cereal, you can really use any cereal of your choice.
I would suggest however, that you use a cereal that does not have a lot of flavor there is plenty of flavor going into this recipe.
More tips for you
- Spray your microwave bowl with a bit of nonstick before adding the marshmallows before heating. This will help keep the marshmallows from sticking to the sides of the bowl.
- Line the pan with parchment paper that overhangs the sides of the pan. This will not only make the clean up easier, it will help you with removing the finished treats for cutting.
- Stirring in a tablespoon or two of condensed milk with the butter before melting the ingredients can help make for a smoother treat. The butter should be softened at room temperature first.
Personalize these carrot cake treats.
These carrot cake treats are tasty just the way they are.
However, you can take them up a notch.
Try one of these ideas.
- Press these treats into a pie dish. When they set, you can cut them into large carrots (triangle pieces) and decorate as carrots!
- When the treats begin to cool, stir in some Easter candy. Or, you can press jelly beans into the top.
- Stir in some chopped walnuts or raisins.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
About this recipe for cereal treats.
This recipe is based upon a standard cereal treat recipe.
It is made using both cereal and marshmallows.
To make this recipe you will need to melt the marshmallows.
This can be done in microwave or stovetop.
There is also an option topping that can be drizzled on top.
Ingredients needed to make carrot cake treats.
- Carrots- ½ cup grated.
- Marshmallows- 10 ounces. I suggest using a 10 ounce bag of mini marshmallows.
- Butter- 4 tablespoons (half a stick).
- Cinnamon- 2 teaspoons.
- Krispie Rice Cereal- 6 cups.
- White Chocolate Chips- ⅓ cup.
- Cream Cheese- ¼ cup, softened to room temperature.
- Butter- 1 tablespoon softened to room temperature. This is used for the toppings.
- Powdered Sugar- 1 cup.
- Vanilla Extract- ½ teaspoon.
How to make Carrot Cake Rice Krispie Treat s
Step One prepare.
Grate your carrots. Then allow them to sit on clean paper towels while your work.
This will allow them to dry up a bit.
Line a baking dish with parchment paper that overhangs the edges of the pan.
Step Two: make the treats.
In a large microwave safe bowl melt the marshmallows and the butter for 90 seconds. Go around the bowl with a rubber spatula to make sure the marshmallows aren’t sticking to the sides of the bowl. Then stir in the cereal and the cinnamon.
Feel free to use a stove top method of melting the marshmallows and the butter.
Using a spatula, fold in the carrots. Press the mixture into the prepared baking dish and allow the mixture to fully cool and harden.
Step Three: finish making the treats and serve.
While the treats are cooling you can make the topping.
Using a microwave safe bowl, melt the white chocolate chips.
Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, cream together the remaining butter and cream cheese. Then blend in the melted white chocolate chips. Once combined you can add the vanilla extract and the powdered sugar. Add half of the powdered sugar first and then add the remaining until you reach a good consistency for drizzling.
Transfer the topping to a zip top bag that you can cut a corner off of or into a piping bag. Drizzle the topping over the treats.
When the topping has set you can use the overhanging parchment paper to lift the treats out of the baking dish to cut into squares (or rectangles).
Carrot Cake Rice Krispie Treats, a yummy recipe for a cereal based dessert treat that is flavored with carrots.
Carrot Cake Rice Krispie Treats
- baking dish
- piping bag.
- Grate your carrots. Line a baking dish with parchment paper that overhangs the edges of the pan.
- In a large microwave safe bowl melt the marshmallows and the butter for 90 seconds. Go around the bowl with a rubber spatula to make sure the marshmallows aren’t sticking to the sides of the bowl. Then stir in the cereal and the cinnamon.Feel free to use a stove top method of melting the marshmallows and the butter.Using a spatula, fold in the carrots. Press the mixture into the prepared baking dish and allow the mixture to fully cool and harden.
- Using a microwave safe bowl, melt the white chocolate chips. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, cream together the remaining butter and cream cheese. Then blend in the melted white chocolate chips. Once combined you can add the vanilla extract and the powdered sugar. Add half of the powdered sugar first and then add the remaining until you reach a good consistency for drizzling.Transfer the topping to a zip top bag that you can cut a corner off of or into a piping bag. Drizzle the topping over the treats.
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See diyandfun.com for details on this recipe.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!