No Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is the perfect treat on a warm day.
I like that you can make this tasty ice cream without using an ice cream machine.
No Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
This is a recipe for a popular flavor of ice cream.
Mint chocolate chip ice cream tastes like a sweet minty treat accented with chocolate.
Did you try my recipe for Cookies and Cream Cake in a Jar ?
That recipe for cookies and cream cake in a jar is a popular no-bake recipe.
People really like eating the cookies and cream cake from a jar.
Homemade ice cream works great when you use a loaf pan. You can find a variety of loaf pans for ice cream here .
This recipe is especially for anyone asking how do you make mint chocolate chip ice cream without a machine.
While an ice cream machine may seem to be an easy way to make ice cream, it is not essential. That is, you can easily make a great tasting homemade ice cream without an ice cream machine.
Instead of using a machine, you can use a loaf pan to make this recipe in,
I suggest that you use an aluminum or similar kind of a loaf pan.
Glass or plastic loaf pans do not evenly hold on to the cold temperature in the same way,
You may be wondering is mint chocolate chip always green,
Green really is the color that is most associated with mint flavored ice cream.
This could be because green is the color of a mint plant.
However, your mint chocolate chip ice cream does not have to be green.
That is, the green color is simply added as food coloring.
You can make your mint chocolate chip ice cream any color that you choose to make it.
Tips for making homemade ice cream.
More tips for you
- Make sure that you are using pure mint flavored extract if you want a traditional mint ice cream flavor. There are a few varieties of mint extract out there however, not all may work for ice cream.
- When adding the food coloring, start small. You can add more coloring as needed to get your desired green color.
- This ice cream should keep for about two weeks if stored in a freezer and covered. After two weeks ice can form on the ice cream which can ruin the experience.
Personalize your ice cream.
While this recipe for mint chocolate chip ice cream is tasty just the way it is.
However, you can make yours even better.
Try one of these ideas.
- Instead of green food coloring, use another color. Pink (one or two drops of red) can work with this recipe.
- Use mini chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, or giant chips rather than the normal sized chocolate chips.
- Fold in nuts, candy, or even mini marshmallows before freezing your ice cream.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
About this recipe for homemade mint ice cream.
This is a simple recipe for homemade ice cream.
You do not need to use an ice cream maker to make it.
It takes about 15 minutes to make this yummy frozen treat.
To make this ice cream you will need just five ingredients.
Once combined, the ingredients will be transferred to a loaf pan for freezing.
Ingredients needed to make this homemade ice cream.
- Condensed Milk (sweetened)- 1 can (14 ounces).
- Mint Extract- ½ teaspoon.
- Heavy Cream- 2 cups.
- Green Food Coloring-3 drops plus additional as desired for color.
- Chocolate Chips- ¾ cup or as desired. Milk chocolate chips works best as they are softer and as a result, easier to bite into when frozen.
How to make No Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice
Step One: blend together the condensed milk with the mint flavoring.
In a medium bowl, use a fork or a whisk to bled together the condensed milk with the mint extract. Set this aside.
Step Two: beat the heavy cream.
In a mixing bowl with a mixer outfitted with a whisk attachment, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks just start to form.
Gently stir in the ingredients from the first bowl into the heavy cream.
Step Three: finish making the ice cream and freeze it.
Use a rubber spatula to first fold in the food coloring.
Then fold in the chocolate chips.
Transfer the ingredients to a loaf pan or similar container for freezing. Cover the ice cream tightly with plastic wrap or a lid. Freeze this ice cream until solid- about eight hours.
No Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, a simple and tasty recipe idea for making a popular frozen dessert .
No Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream,
- In a medium bowl, use a fork or a whisk to bled together the condensed milk with the mint extract. Set this aside.
- In a mixing bowl with a mixer outfitted with a whisk attachment, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks just start to form.Gently stir in the ingredients from the first bowl into the heavy cream.
- Use a rubber spatula to first fold in the food coloring. Then fold in the chocolate chips.Transfer the ingredients to a loaf pan or similar container for freezing. Cover the ice cream tightly with plastic wrap or a lid. Freeze this ice cream until solid- about eight hours.
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See DiyandFun.com for details on this recipe.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!