56 Delicious Boxed Cake Mix Desserts that everyone seems to like
I really like how using a cake mix can make a recipe so much easier to make!
56 Delicious Boxed Cake Mix Desserts
This is a huge listing of recipe all made with cake mix.
Many of these recipe are especially good for fall baking!
Did you see my listing for 12 Recipes for Healthier Frozen Treats?
That listing for frozen treats includes vegan and no added sugar recipe. These treats are especially perfect as a treat on a warm day!
You may be wondering why use cake mix in recipes?
Using a cake mix in a recipe is truly a great hack. Cake mix is a popular ingredient that is growing even more popular.
Here is why you may want to use cake mix in a recipe when you bake.
Cake mix already has the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, etc.) measured and ready to go. All you need to do is add the wet ingredients (eggs, etc) and bake your recipe.
Cake mixes can also be used to make something other than cake.
You really have to enjoy the creativity of some folks who literally think outside of the cake mix box. I mean, these folks are not just making a basic cake with that mix.
There are recipe for cakes in this listing.
This listing is big on dump cakes. However, you will also find cookies, donuts, and even Halloween recipes that are made with cake mix as well!
Chocolate Chip Toffee Cake Mix Cookies, a tasty and easy cookie recipe idea made with cake mix. Sugar free option. Just 5 ingredients!
So yummy! Sugar Free Funfetti Cookies, a simple and colorful cookie or dessert recipe made with cake mix and sprinkles.
These Fireball Cupcakes with Cinnamon Whiskey pack in a lot of flavor without much work. This boozy treat works for dessert AND happy hour.
This Apple Cider Doughnut Cake tastes exactly like an iconic apple cider donut from your favorite apple orchard. This bundt cake is flavorful and moist with an apple cider glaze dipping sauce and cinnamon sugar to top it off.
These 3 ingredient pumpkin cookies with cake mix may just be one of the easiest fall recipes ever! Made with just a few simple ingredients, including spice cake mix and pumpkin puree, they're always a big hit for fall!
These delicious mini chocolate covered cake mix donuts are baked instead of fried, making them a much healthier option for a sweet treat. Cake mix donuts are easily customizable with different toppings and come out moist and delicious every time!
This Caramel Apple Pecan Dump Cake is a super easy dessert that everyone will love! With your favorite fall flavors and a handful of simple ingredients, this is sure to be a huge hit!
This spice cake banana bread is the perfect way to use up your overripe bananas! This recipe is easy, delicious, and smells amazing while it bakes.
This chocolate cake mix banana bread is perfect for chocolate lovers. It is so easy to make with a box of your favorite chocolate cake mix!
You can surprise everyone with a cranberry upside down cake this fall! This deliciously moist cake is made with fresh cranberries and is the perfect blend of sweet and tart! Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
Tasty Sugar Free Boston Cream Pie Cake, an easy dessert recipe idea that has no added sugar and is easy to make! This recipe is made with Sugar Free Yellow Cake Mix and pudding.
This Crock Pot Apple Dump Cake is one simple Crock Pot cake recipe you have to make. Apple pie filling, boxed cake mix, and butter. All come together for one of the best dump cake recipes you will have.
Only 3 simple ingredients create a moist and super easy Pumpkin Carrot Cake with a cake mix. A box of carrot cake mix or spice cake mix can be used in this fall or harvest party dessert.
14. Peach Dump Cake
This Peach Dump Cake is one of the easiest ever dessert recipes. This simple recipe needs just a handful of ingredients including canned peaches, boxed cake mix, and butter.
This Pumpkin Dump Cake is super easy, moist and incredibly delicious! Made with only 3 ingredients, this will become your favorite go-to fall dessert (plus whipped cream if you’d like, but it’s so moist that it doesn’t really need it)!
Tasty Cranberry dump cake is an amazingly easy dessert from just a few ingredients. Directions to make this cake mix dessert with either canned cranberry sauce or fresh cranberries!
Yummy Caramel apple dump cake is a delicious option for fall. Make a cake mix into this caramel apple treat with this easy four ingredient dessert recipe.
These orange donuts are easily made with a box of cake mix and donuts will never be the same! They will be the hit at any breakfast or party.
This Caramel apple dump cake is quick, easy, and full of fall flavors! Made with a box cake mix and can of pie filling, it doesn’t get easier (or more delicious) than this.
This easy 3 ingredient apple spice bread is a delicious treat on cool fall days. Here's how to make it!
More recipes made with cake mix.
- 21. Moist pumpkin cupcakes are made with a basic boxed cake mix. They are topped with a pumpkin buttercream frosting and chocolate drizzle.
- 22.Pumpkin pie cake with a layer of pumpkin spice custard topped with a layer of rich, buttery cake crumbs. This is the ultimate dessert for anyone who can't decide between cake and pie.
- 23. Decadent Dr Pepper Cake is rich, delicious, and so easy to make! The chocolate frosting on top completes the dessert with rich perfection.
- 24. Bourbon Bundt Cake is a simple recipe that is sure to please. Topped with a caramel bourbon glaze, and it's the dessert dreams are made of.
- 25. Cinnamon Roll Poke Cake. It’s a tender white cake filled with buttery cinnamon-sugar filling and topped with rich cream cheese frosting!
- 26. Caramel Apple Poke Cake. A moist cake that you bake with creamy caramel and tart apples. All the flavors of a caramel apple with zero effort!
- 27. Moist yellow cake with a delightful pineapple sauce. One bite, and you’ll realize why this was Elvis’ favorite!
- 28. Bacardi rum cake with walnuts is a delicious cake perfect for autumn!
- 29. Gluten-Free Brooklyn Blackout Cake is made with layers of chocolate cake, filled with chocolate pudding, and finished with silky smooth chocolate frosting and chocolate cake crumbs.
- 30. Simple yet delicious Pumpkin Cheesecake Jello Pudding Poke Cake begins with a cake mix, pumpkin puree, and Jello Pudding and is finished with a whipped topping. It’s an easy poke cake recipe that’s full of fall flavors!
- 31. These Autumn Spice Cake Mix Cookies are the perfect way to make amazing cookies. They’re soft and chewy, with just the right amount of spice. You’ll love them!
- 32. This easy and delicious chocolate peanut butter poke cake is large enough to feed a crowd and a great dessert to bring to the party.
- 33. This Easy Apple Dump Cake is a delicious fall dessert that is perfect for holiday parties, tailgating, and any other occasion. It is made with just a few simple ingredients including: yellow cake mix, spices, old-fashioned oats, apple pie filling, butter and brown sugar.
- 34. Moist cake with creamy caramel and tart apples. All the flavors of a caramel apple with zero effort! Caramel Apple Poke Cake.
- 35. Cannoli Poke Cake. This cake is like taking the filling of a cannoli and spreading it over a cake! It’s a light fluffy white cake with creamy mascarpone and ricotta frosting with mini chocolate chips sprinkled all over.
- 36.This Fresh Apple Bundt Cake recipe made with a cake mix box is the perfect fall treat! Tender, moist, and deliciously spiced with cinnamon and cardamom, it's easy to make because the base is a cake mix. It is a wonderfully suitable dessert for the whole family.
- 37. Pumpkin Coffee Cake is made with a box pound cake mix and vanilla creamer then topped with spicy butter crumble! Only 15 minutes of prep time is needed to make this light and fluffy cake!
- 38.Butter Pecan Praline Poke Cake. This butter pecan praline poke cake only gets better as days goes by. Make it up to 2-3 days ahead if you need! It is THE cake for any occasion!
- 39. This pumpkin spice poke cake will be met with rave reviews at any potluck or fall gathering. Made with or without pecans, it’s special either way!
- 40. This crust-less pumpkin pie is super easy to make and so yummy! The sweetened condensed milk and the tasty crunchy topping take this pie to a whole new level of deliciousness!
- 41. These Chocolate Red Wine Cupcakes are quick and easy to make from a box mix, but taste homemade! These red wine cupcakes are a delicious treat any time of the year, especially for the wine lover in your life!
- 42. Bake a spooky Halloween Cake marbled inside, has chocolate frosting, and step-by-step decorating tips and ideas. You can make this graveyard cake and decorate it a day before your Halloween party. I have a free design template to download for the chocolate decorations, which are so easy. The fence, gate, tree, tombstones, "dirt" and bones make this cake enchanting.
- 43.Chocolate cake with Mascarpone Whipped Cream and Raspberries. A simple, yet elegant dessert: Swerve's boxed chocolate cake with homemade mascarpone whipped cream and raspberries.
- 44. Pumpkin Crunch Cake. My pumpkin crunch cake might just be my favorite fall dessert, and it all starts with a boxed cake mix!
- 45. Easy Apple Crumble Cake. A super moist cake that is studded with apples and topped with a walnut streusel. Serve this Easy Apple Crumble Cake with ice cream for dessert and eat the leftovers with breakfast the next morning!
- 46. Red velvet cake chunks are layered with a fluffy cheesecake filling. This is a fun, easy, and indulgent dessert using only a few basic ingredients.
- 47.Birthday cake cookies (also known as funfetti cake mix cookies): a one-bowl soft & pillowy sugar cookie recipe everyone will love! These cookies are tender, buttery, sweet, and such a treat!
- 48. This autumn caramel apple pecan & cinnamon spice bundt cake starts with a cake mix so it’s extra easy. Served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzled with caramel sauce, you will love this fall dessert.
- 49. This Caramel Apple Poke Cake is full of apples, cinnamon, and caramel making it the perfect fall dessert. It’s so easy for you to make, it will be your new favorite cake!
- 50. Pumpkin angel food cake just might become your new go-to dessert. It’s an easy cake mix recipe that’s dressed up with pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and OJ, then drizzled with a citrus cinnamon glaze for a delicious and simple pumpkin cake that’s perfect for potlucks or holiday parties.
- 51.7-Layer Pumpkin Spice Cake Bars are an easy fall dessert that starts with a spice cake mix. Layers of pecans, white chocolate, dried cranberries, coconut, and dark chocolate, enrobed in pumpkin spice sweetened condensed milk, create this decadent 7-layer bar with all the flavors of fall.
- 52.These Red Velvet Brownies with White Chocolate Chips could not be easier to make! Rich and delicious, no one will ever guess the are made from a boxed cake mix! Whip them up with zero fuss and drizzle them with a little white chocolate and suddenly, you’re a baking queen! (or king!).
- 53. These Pumpkin Cupcakes are made with a doctored-up cake mix, a 3-ingredient whipped frosting, and then you can dust these with sprinkles and pumpkin pie spice!
- 54. This Easy Blueberry Lemon Cobbler uses fresh blueberries and lemon cake mix to make this cobbler recipe super easy! Fresh lemon juice and lemon zest keep the dessert tasty and fresh! Serve warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- 55. Easy Halloween Cake Pops can be made with boxed cake, vanilla frosting, and rich melted chocolate. No tricks, these eyeball cake pops are the best spooky desserts for Halloween!
- 56. Sugar Free Cake Pops. You can make these Sugar Free Cake Pops, a tasty recipe for chocolate Cakesicles that have no added sugar, keto option. Enjoy eating these cakes on a stick!