Baked Halloween Cake Mix Donuts that you can make in your own kitchen!
I like that this donut recipe can be made without having to fry the donuts!
Baked Halloween Cake Mix Donuts.
This is a simple recipe for homemade cake mix donuts.
The homemade donuts are then decorated for Halloween.
Have you tried my recipe for Easy Apple Cider Donuts?
That Apple Cider Donut recipe is also a donut recipe that is not fried.
This donuts in this recipe are decorated while the other donut recipe is topped with a bit of sugar.
This recipe is especially for anyone asking can cake mix be used to make baked donuts.
The quick answer is yes.
You can make homemade donuts using a cake mix.
Here is what you need to know about doing so.
I suggest that you do not use the directions, including the ingredients, to make the donuts.
Instead of doing so, I will give you the ingredient listing that will work best for a donut and not necessarily a cake.
You may be wondering what toppings can you put on donuts.
Obviously, you can top your donuts with glaze, sprinkles, or even just sprinkled sugar.
However, this is a Halloween inspired recipe idea.
Here is what my donuts are decorated with.
Tips for making donuts made with cake mix.
Using fresh ingredients is essential to the success of this recipe.
This is especially true with the cake mix that you are using.
Here are some more helpful tips for you.
- When you mix together the ingredients for the donut, mix them until they are just combined. This will help keep your donuts more fluffy.
- Be sure to pretreat your donut pan well for nonstick. This will help keep your donuts from sticking to the pan and not pull apart when you remove them.
- Using a piping bag is the easiest way to get the cake mix batter from the mixing bowl to the donut pan. Also, fill the donut molds no more than ¾ full.
- Make this recipe even easier! Use already made donuts to decorate and skip the recipe idea for making your own!
How to personalize homemade baked donuts.
I am providing you with a basic recipe for making the donuts.
Also, I am showing you a simple way to decorate the donuts for Halloween.
Here are some more ideas for making your donuts.
- I have used a basic cake mix. Feel free to use the cake mix(es) of your choice for this recipe.
- To make a glaze for your donuts, simple combine ¾ cup of sugar, 1 ½ to 2 tablespoons of milk (until you reach consistency), and any flavored extract and top your donuts.
- Add some Halloween sprinkles to your donuts.
You may also be interested in these ideas.
Homemade Halloween Cake Mix Donuts.
This is a recipe that starts with making donuts using cake mix as the main ingredients.
Using cake mix cuts out both steps and ingredients needed to make this recipe.
There are two methods of baking these donuts.
Ingredients needed to make Baked Halloween Cake Mix Donuts.
- Cake Mix- 1 box (15-16 ounce), any flavor and can be sugar free cake mix!
- Egg- 1, at room temperature.
- Vegetable Oil- ⅓ cup.
- Milk- ¾ cup.
- For decorating- vampire teeth and the eyes are edible eyes.
Red frosting is used as well.
How to make Baked Halloween Cake Mix Donuts
In a mixing bowl, mix together the cake mix, egg, vegetable oil, and milk until just combined. Use a ladle, spoon, or piping bag to transfer the mixture to the prepped donut pan or donut maker, filling no more the ¾ full for each donut. For the donut maker, follow the manufacturers directions for making the donuts. Oven method, bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges begin to brown. Remove the pan from the oven and allow the donuts to cool before transferring them to a wire rack to fully cool.
Step two. Decorate the donuts.
To attach the decorations simply use a dab of frosting as needed.
Start with placing the vampire teeth into the center of the donut. Then, using the frosting as a glue, stick two (or as many as desired....) candy eyes onto the donut. Add additional decorations as desired.
Baked Halloween Cake Mix Donuts, A simple recipe for making baked donuts from cake mix and decorating them for Halloween.
Baked Halloween Cake Mix Donuts
- donut maker,
- donut baking pans
- Preheat your oven to 350 if using the oven method and prep your donut baking pans well for nonstick. For the donut maker, follow the manufacturers directions.In a mixing bowl, mix together the cake mix, egg, vegetable oil, and milk until just combined. Use a ladle, spoon, or piping bag to transfer the mixture to the prepped donut pan or donut maker, filling no more the ¾ full for each donut. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
- To attach the decorations simply use a dab of frosting as needed. Add additional decorations as desired.