Silly Apple Monster Bites are a great way to get kids to eat apples.
I like how cute these bites are for fall and Halloween season!
Silly Apple Monster Bites
This is a fun Halloween inspired recipe idea that kids especially enjoy!
I like that there are so many ways to personalize this yummy treat!
Did you try my recipe for Air Fried Apple Fries?
That recipe for apple fries is another creative way to enjoy apples especially this time of the year.
This recipe for monster bites is really about the fun way that they apple slices are decorated as well as how tasty they are.
This recipe calls for using edible eyes to decorate the apples with. You can find edible eyes here.
People ask, what is the apple monster?
There is no real 'apple monster' if you are thinking about a movie villain or cartoon charachter.
Rather, the term 'apple monster' refers to actual apples.
Apple monsters are simply apples that are decorated to look like monsters.
They are decorated with food ingredients, some often healthier than others.
These apple monsters are usually enjoyed around the Halloween season by kids and may also be a wonderful way to get the kids to eat those apples.
This recipe is also for anyone asking how do you make a fruit monster.
Apples are probably the most popular fruit to use in making an edible fruit monster.
They are sliced and decorated to resemble monsters.
Really, about any kind of apple can be used to make these monsters.
Apples are used because of their size, texture, flavor, and because they are a popular fruit.
Also, since Halloween falls around the apple harvesting season, it just seems to make sence.
Here are some tips for making these Halloween apples.
This recipe idea works best with apples that are firm. This is because firmer apples will hold together better when they are decorated.
More helpful tips for you.
- Using different colored or kinds of apples is one way to give some variety to this idea. I like to use red and green apples to serve together.
- Apples tend to brown when they are exposed to air. I suggest that you slow this browning process down by spraying your apples with a lemon juice and water solution or soak them in the lemon juice before making this monster project. Also, serve the apples soon after turning them into monsters.
- Larger apples tend to be easier to work with when it comes to a recipe like this one. Red delicious and golden delicious apples are good choices for this idea.
How to personalize these silly apple monster bites.
This is really a simple recipe that is fine just the way it is.
However, you can personalize these apples to make them even better!
Here are some ideas.
- Use peanut butter instead of the Nutella
- Add raisins as eyes, nose, or other face parts.
- Use a cake topper hat or boots to make these fun.
- Use two different kinds of apples to make each mounter.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
Silly Apple Monster Bites
This is a simple fall or Halloween inspired recipe idea for decorating apples.
Kids enjoy this idea and can usually help to make the apples monsters before actually eating them
How to make your apple monsters even healthier.
Using peanut butter to fill the mouths and cut up carrots or celery can be used to make the teeth.
For the eyes, I like blueberries or similar sized fruit that can be stuck on with a bit of peanut butter.
Ingredients needed to make Apple Monsters.
- Apples- 2. I like one large red and one large green apple. Soaked in lemon juice if desired to prevent browning.
- Mini Marshmallows- 16.
- Nutella-2 tablespoons.
- Jelly- 2 tablespoons.
- Edible Eyes.
How to make monster Halloween apples.
Step one. Prepare the ingredients.
Using a pair of kitchen shears, cut each mini marshmallow into four pieces. Prepare the apples by soaking them in lemon juice to prevent browning if desired. Then cut each apple into eight wedges. You can use an apple cutter do do this.
Step two. Cut the apple slices..
Create a mouth by cutting a wedge into the middle of each apple piece to form the mouth. Be careful to not cut through the wedge when doing so. Simply cut enough to create a mouth shape.
You can use the piece that you cut out to make the tongues.
Step three. Assemble the monsters.
Spoon Nutella into a sandwich bag and then cut the tip off of one side of the bag to create a small piping bag. Pipe a small amount of Nutella into the ‘mouth’ of half of the apple wedges. Then use the jelly to do the same with the remaining wedges.
Place a tongues into the mouth of each of the apple wedges.
Then add the teeth, eyes, etc. using a dab of Nutella to hold them into place.
Silly Apple Monster Bites, a fun Halloween inspired snack treat idea featuring apples. Healthier ingredient options offered.
SILLY APPLE MONSTER BITES
- Using a pair of kitchen shears, cut each mini marshmallow into four pieces. Prepare the apples by soaking them in lemon juice to prevent browning if desired. Then cut each apple into eight wedges. You can use an apple cutter do do this.
- Create a mouth by cutting a wedge into the middle of each apple piece to form the mouth. Be careful to not cut through the wedge when doing so. Simply cut enough to create a mouth shape. You can use the piece that you cut out to make the tongues.
- Spoon Nutella into a sandwich bag and then cut the tip off of one side of the bag to create a small piping bag. Pipe a small amount of Nutella into the ‘mouth’ of half of the apple wedges. Then use the jelly to do the same with the remaining wedges. Place a tongues into the mouth of each of the apple wedges. Then add the teeth, eyes, etc. using a dab of Nutella to hold them into place.
originally posted:October 1, 2021
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!