(warning, jumping to recipe can result in missing important information including alternative ingredients and tips. Also, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases made via the links on this website.)
Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats Recipe, this is a fun take on the popular Rice Krispie treat idea.
I like how easy these treats are to make!
Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
In this recipe, the Rice Krispie Treats are shaped into pumpkins!
This is a cute recipe idea for parties, desserts, or snacks during the Halloween or fall season!
Have you tried my Cookies and Cream Rice Krispie Treats?
That recipe for Rice Krispie treats is also a fun take on the popular recipe.
This recipe however, is really Halloween or fall inspired idea.
These pumpkin treats get their orange color from orange gel food coloring. You can find orange gel food coloring here.
This recipe is for anyone looking for a Rice Krispies Treats variations.
When you take the basic recipe and make into something special, such as we do in this recipe idea , you have a variation. This recipe is based upon the basic Rice Krispie treat variation.
Here is how we are 'tweaking' this original recipe.
These pumpkin inspired treats are colored orange, formed into a ball, and have a 'candy' inserted into the top as a stem. They are also not pressed into baking dish and cut into squares.
People ask what treats are good for Halloween.
These Rice Krispie treats are perfect for desserts, snacks, or even for wrapping in plastic wrap and sharing with friends. This really is a fun treat.
This pumpkin inspired treat is also an idea for gatherings.
I am thinking about fall gatherings such as tailgates, luncheons, or even potluck dinner.
Or, these Krispie treat pumpkins would work for school snacks or bake sales!
Tips for making Rice Krispie treats such as these pumpkin ones.
I mentioned that the orange color in these pumpkins comes from the addition of orange food gel coloring.
You should be able to easily wash the color off of your hands however, I would suggest that you wear gloves and an apron if you have any concerns about the orange color.
Here are some more tips for you.
- Using a scoop to scoop out the mixture is a good way to get a uniform size for all of your pumpkins. I like an ice cream scoop for size in this recipe.
- To make the stems we are using Tootsie rolls. Press the Tootsie Rolls into your pumpkin treats while they are still warm for best results (they will stay put more securely).
- Working the the treats to get them into the shape of a pumpkin can get kind of sticky. I like to spray my hands with a bit of nonstick to help prevent this from happening.
How to personalize fall Rice Krispie treats.
Yes, these treats are easy and fine the way they are.
There are not a lot of ingredients or steps in this recipe too.
There are some ways to make your treats even better!
- Instead of using a Tootsie Roll to make the stem, use a different candy. Rolo candy works great as a stem!
- Add a teaspoon or two of pumpkin pie spice for a more fall-like flavor.
- Attach edible eyes to your pumpkin.
- Draw a pumpkin face on your treats using candy icing.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
Pumpkin Rice Krispie treats with Tootsie Roll stump
This recipe is based upon a basic Rice Krispie treat dessert.
There are just five ingredients and it can be made in a microwave.
What is different is that these treats are formed into a pumpkin.
To do so, we will add food coloring to make these treats orange.
Then we will shape and decorate these treats to resemble a pumpkin.
Ingredients needed to make
- Butter- 3 tablespoons.
- Marshmallows - 1 bag (10 ounces).
- Rice Krispie Cereal- 6 cups.
- Orange Gel Food Color - 1-2 drops or as needed for desired color.
- Tootsie Rolls - 6 (size depends on how large you want your 'stems' to be.) The Tootsie Rolls should be cut in half.
How to make this recipe for pumpkin Rice Krispie treats.
Step one. Prepare the marshmallows and cereal.
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt together the butter and the marshmallows. Stop the microwave every 30 seconds to stir the mixture (I use a spatuala). It should take about a minute and a half to two minutes total. Remove the blended mixture from the microwave and stir in the food gel coloring until completely blended (the mixture will be orange). Then stir in the cereal, two cups at a time, stirring between additions.
Step two. Form the pumpkins.
Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a scoop to scoop out the mixture to form your first pumpkin. Roll the mixture into a ball and then place it on to the baking sheet. Press a Tootsie roll piece into the top of the pumpkin treat to form the stem. Repeat this process until you have made all of your pumpkin treats. You can do additional decorating as desired. Allow the pumpkins to set before serving.
Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats Recipe, a fun dessert or treat idea inspired by the autumn season and Halloween.
Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt together the butter and the marshmallows. Stop the microwave every 30 seconds to stir the mixture . Remove the blended mixture from the microwave and stir in the food gel coloring until completely blended (the mixture will be orange). Then stir in the cereal, two cups at a time, stirring between additions.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a scoop to scoop out the mixture to form your first pumpkin. Roll the mixture into a ball and then place it on to the baking sheet. Press a Tootsie roll piece into the top of the pumpkin treat to form the stem. Repeat this process until you have made all of your pumpkin treats. Allow the pumpkins to set before serving.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!