(warning, jumping to recipe can result in missing important information including alternative ingredients and tips. Also, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases made via the links on this website.)
Tasty Pumpkin and Cream Cheese Muffins that a copycat version of the Starbucks muffin.
I like how easy these muffins are to make !
Tasty Pumpkin and Cream Cheese Muffins
These muffins are based upon the famous ones that we all know and love.
This recipe however, is homemade and can be made year-round.
Did you try my recipe for Air Fried Pumpkin Muffins?
That recipe is a more simple pumpkin muffin recipe that can be made in an air fryer.
This recipe however, is worth the extra work as it offers so much more flavor!
We will fill the muffins with a cream cheese frosting. You can use a simple disposable piping bag to do this.
This recipe is for anyone asking is the Starbucks pumpkin muffin good.
If you were to ask me, I would say that most anything pumpkin that comes out of Starbucks is good.
There certainly is a lot of excitement every year when their pumpkin inspired menu comes out.
This pumpkin muffin has two parts.
The first part of this muffin is a basic pumpkin muffin.
For the second part, we inject some tasty frosting into that muffin.
So you may be wondering about Starbucks pumpkin cream cheese muffin ingredients.
What we do know for sure is what they tell us on their website.
These ingredients are ingredients that you may expect to see listed in a muffin recipe.
What they do not tell us is how much of each ingredient is in the muffins.
To make this version of the Pumpkin Cream cheese muffin we are using our own version of a pumpkin muffin with frosting. The taste is very similar to the original.
Tips for making copycat Starbucks pumpkin muffin.
This recipe is made is a muffin pan. I suggest that you use muffin (cupcake) liners and give them a quick spray of nonstick as well.
Here are some more helpful tips for you.
- Using fresh ingredients is essential to the success of this recipe. This is especially true with the dry ingredients such as baking soda and baking powder.
- When you fill the muffin cups with batter, do not overfill the cups. Fill the cups no more than ¾ full.
- I will give you a recipe for a simple cream cheese frosting that you can add to the muffins. Feel free to use your own cream cheese frosting or an already made cream cheese frosting .
How to personalize copycat Starbucks pumpkin muffins.
Yes, making pumpkin muffins this look and taste like the original is a great way to go.
However, there are some things you can do to take your muffins up a notch!
Try one of these ideas.
- Instead of basic cream cheese frosting, try a different flavor. Buttercream, Funfetti, or even Coconut Pecan frosting could work with these muffins.
- Add some toppings such as slivered almonds, pumpkin seeds or walnuts.
- Substitute ½ cup of oats for ½ cup of flour.
- Add some raisins, chocolate chips, or even chopped walnuts to the batter.
Be sure to follow DIYandFUN on Facebook and on Pinterest.
I also have a weekly newsletter that you can subscribe to.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
About this copycat pumpkin muffin recipe.
This is a flavorful pumpkin muffin recipe that resembles the version sold at Starbucks.
The pumpkin muffins have a cream cheese center added to them.
We are making the muffins from scratch.
There is actual pumpkin added to this recipe.
To make these muffins you will need pumpkin puree.
Ingredients Pumpkin and Cream Cheese Muffin
- Flour- 1 ½ cups.
- Baking Powder- 1 teaspoon.
- Baking Soda- 1 teaspoon.
- Salt ¼ teaspoon .
- Pumpkin Pie Spice-1 teaspoon.
- Sugar -¾ cup.
- Brown Sugar- ¼ cup.
- Pumpkin Puree- 1 ½ cups.
- Butter- ¼ cup melted/cooled .
- Vanilla Extract -1 teaspoon.
- Eggs- 2.
- Cream Cheese -4 oz , softened to room temperature.
- Vanilla Extract- 1 teaspoon.
- Sugar-3 tablespoons .
How to make Pumpkin and Cream Cheese Muffins
Step one. Prepare the Muffins. Preheat the oven to 350 and prep your muffin pans with liners or nonstick.
In a medium bowl, use a fork or a whisk to mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Next, in a mixing bowl, beat together the sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, and butter until cream. Then beat in the vanilla and the eggs. Add the dry ingredients from the first bowl to the mixing bowl and mix until just blended, do not overmix.
Step two. Make the filling. Cream together the cream cheese, remaining vanilla extract, and remaining sugar in a new bowl.
Use a piping bag or Ziploc bag with one corner tip cut off and squeeze out even amounts of the filling into the center of each of the muffins.
It is normal for the muffins to sink when you do this.
Step three. Bake the muffins for 18-30 minutes. To test with a toothpick, do so on the outer rim of the muffins away from the filling. Allow to cool before serving.
Tasty Pumpkin and Cream Cheese Muffins, a simple copycat version of Starbucks Pumpkin and Cream Cheese stuffed muffins.
Pumpkin and Cream Cheese Muffin
- 1 ½ cups Flour-
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda-
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice-
- ¾ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar-
- 1 ½ cups Pumpkin Puree-
- ¼ cup Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbsp Sugar-
- Preheat the oven to 350 and prep your muffin pans with liners or nonstick.In a medium bowl, use a fork or a whisk to mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Next, in a mixing bowl, beat together the sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, and butter until cream. Then beat in the vanilla and the eggs. Add the dry ingredients from the first bowl to the mixing bowl and mix until just blended, do not overmix.
- Cream together the cream cheese, remaining vanilla extract, and remaining sugar in a new bowl.Use a piping bag or Ziploc bag with one corner tip cut off and squeeze out even amounts of the filling into the center of each of the muffins.It is normal for the muffins to sink when you do this. Bake the muffins for 18-30 minutes. To test with a toothpick, do so on the outer rim of the muffins away from the filling. Allow to cool before serving.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!