DIY Nautical Wreath Craft Idea that is also easy to make.
I like that the materials for this can be found at a dollar store or craft store.
DIY Nautical Wreath Craft Idea
This is a simple do it yourself craft idea for making a nautical themed wreath.
This wreath is made using a rope that is similar to a nautical wreath.
Did you see Summer Décor Ideas, Easy Updates ?
That article is filled with all kinds of great ideas for updating your home for the warm weather.
Most of those ideas can also be done on a budget too!
To make this wreath you will need a nautical rope. You can find a selection of nautical craft ropes here.
This project is especially for anyone asking how to you make a nautical door wreath.
The nautical theme is especially popular in coastal areas.
However, the theme is also a reminder of water and as a result, summer fun too!
What makes this project so easy to make is how it is a simple project.
There are just a few steps to take in this project. Also, there are not a lot of materials needed.
Why place a wreath on a front door?
Many of use place a wreath on our front door during the holiday season.
A front door wreath is a popular way to get that seasonal vibe.
Many of us also display a wreath throughout the year and not just during the holiday season.
A decorated wreath on the front door is a good way to greet visitors in a friendly way. Even better, a wreath on a front door can contribute to the curb appeal of a property.
Tips for making a nautical wreath.
The trick to making this project is to use a hot glue gun and work quickly with the glue before it cools. Take precautions to not burn yourself when doing this.
More tips for you
- Glue the ends of the rope on the inside of the wreath. The wreath can look sloppy if the ends are on the front and the wreath may not sit flush with the door if the ends are on the backside.
- Some people like to make these wreaths by wrapping the rope around the wreath rather than gluing the rope as we are doing. The problem with that method, while you could choose to do it that way, is that the rope can have issues staying together and, you will need a lot more rope to make the wreath.
- Try to keep the ends of the rope tucked in or out of site. If the rope ends on the front of the wreath you can cut the rope to a better location for hiding the end.
Personalize this nautical wreath.
This is a simple project that looks great just the way it is.
However, you can also make your wreath even better!
Try one of these ideas.
- Use colored rope or two colors of rope.
- Glue nautical craft pics on to your wreath.
- Add seashells to your wreath.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
About this nautical craft project.
This is a nautical inspired craft idea for making a wreath.
The materials for this project can be found inexpensively at a dollar store, craft store, or online.
This project is made with nautical craft rope.
The rope is glued on to a wreath form using a hot glue gun.
You can use extra rope to make a loop to glue on to the backside in order to hang the wreath on your door.
Materials needed to make a Nautical Buoy Wreath.
- Round Green Foam Wreath. Mine is green but, since the color of the wreath will not show from the front, you can use any color, paint yours, or glue on a backing to hide it.
- Nautical Craft Rope (four if you are using dollar store rope). The rope can be a basic natural color or the color(s) of your choice.
- Glue gun and glue sticks.
How to make DIY Nautical Wreath Craft.
Step One: prepare the materials.
Unwrap the rope from any packaging and straiten it out if needed.
Then you can remove any dirt or debris from the wreath form.
Lastly, heat up your glue gun according to manufacturers instructions.
Step Two: glue the rope on to the wreath.
You will be gluing the rope onto the wreath in a clockwise motion. Start by placing a dab of glue on the inside of the top and center of the wreath. We will thus eventually cover the ends with rope in step three. Then continue clockwise around the wreath pressing the rope onto the glue as you go. When you are finished doing this the rope will be glued in a circle along the inside hole of the wreath. Cut and glue the end of your rope down next to the starting end that your previously glued down.
You can continue this process of gluing until the entire front of the wreath is covered with rows of glued on rope.
Step Three: finish the wreath.
We will glue on rope that has been wrapped around the wreath going top to bottom or side to side. However, there will be four of these; on the top, bottom, and the two sides. See the images to get an idea if you are lost here.
However, remember to end the rope and glue in a location that is not visible to the eye.
Lastly, glue a loop of rope on to the top and backside of the wreath to hang the wreath on your door.
DIY Nautical Wreath Craft Idea, a simple do it yourself project to make a homemade wreath using rope and dollar store materials.
DIY Nautical Wreath Craft
- You will be gluing the rope onto the wreath in a clockwise motion. Start by placing a dab of glue on the inside of the top and center of the wreath. Then continue clockwise around the wreath pressing the rope onto the glue as you go. When you are finished doing this the rope will be glued in a circle along the inside hole of the wreath. Cut and glue the end of your rope down next to the starting end that your previously glued down.
- Glue on rope that has been wrapped around the wreath going top to bottom or side to side. There will be four of these; on the top, bottom, and the two sides.