Summer Décor Ideas, Easy Updates that most anyone can do.
I like that these summer updates can be done without spending a lot of money.
Summer Décor Ideas, Easy Updates
Updating your home for summer is a great way to get into the season.
It just takes a few simple touches to make a bit of difference in your home.
Did you see my Creative DIY Garden Ideas ?
Those creative do it yourself ideas are also easy to do.
Many of the ideas feature ways to reuse items that you may be done using.
Decorate your home with spring décor items. You can find a good selection of summer décor items here.
People sometimes ask how do your decorate for summer.
Summer is the time of the year when the weather is nice and we like to spend time outdoors.
It is also a relaxing time of the year when folks like to vacation.
Decorating for summer can be as simple as making a few small touches.
I like to start simple and do it just before summer actually starts.
Since many of the spring décor ideas can also work for summer, starting early makes sense.
How do I refresh my home in summer?
Think about what reminds you of summer.
For me, summer is all about flowers and the outdoors
Then I choose three simple ways to bring those reminders into my home.
I stick to colors that remind me of the season. These colors are colors that I find from nature such as flowers and water.
Tips for getting started with updating your home for summer.
To save money, start small with a few touches that have a common theme. Also, look for items in unusual places such as dollar stores and garage sales.
Here is where you may be able to easily update your home for summer.
- Bring outdoor ideas indoors.
- Also, Bring indoor ideas outdoors.
- Embrace summer flowers.
- Update your bedding.
- Use nautical reminders.
- Add small touches to your kitchen.
- Use summer colors in your home.
- Update your entrance for summer.
- Bring summer scents into your home.
- Add Patriotic Touches.
Tips for decorating for summer on a budget.
Start by taking an inventory of what you already have on hand that can bring a summer inspiration.
Also, decide on what your decorating budget is.
- Go for a variety of décor items. For example, a wreath for a door and a pillow for your couch with a summer theme.
- Mix homemade touches with purchased touches for variety. Upcycling a jar with a ribbon on it is a great way to show off your flowers.
- Include kitchen items that may be summer inspired. This includes a dish or bowl that is summer inspired.
- Be open for looking at unusual sources for décor items. This includes grocery stores, garage sales, and even items from nature.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
How to bring outdoor ideas indoors for summer.
Bringing the outdoors indoors can be an instant reminder of summer. It can also be a way to decorate both indoors and outdoors with the same theme.
Here are some ways to bring the outdoors indoors.
- Place an outdoor chair indoors.
- Use the same matching pillows for indoors and outdoors.
- Display flowers from your garden in your home.
Bring indoor ideas outdoors.
Think of outdoor patio or deck as an extension of your indoor living space. Then bring an indoor flair to that outdoor space.
Here are ways to bring the indoors outdoors.
- Lay an indoor/outdoor rug on your patio.
- String solar lights across your yard.
- Use potted plants as accents on outdoor tables.
Update your bedding for summer.
Summer colors in bedding is one way to update. Also useful is updating the material to a more summer friendly one.
Here is how you can update your summer bedding.
Embrace summer flowers.
Nothing says summer like flowers. Bringing flowers into your home can be as simple as placing a fresh flower in a vase.
Here are some more ways to bring flowers into your home.
Use nautical reminders.
Nautical reminders remind us of the beach and vacations.
Seashells are the easiest way to remind us of the ocean. A homemade rope wreath or other craft idea is another way.
Add small touches to your kitchen.
Use summer colors in your home.
Think of the colors that remind you of summer. This can be the color of flowers, water, or the sky for example.
Here are some ways to incorporate summer inspired colors in your home.
Update your entrance for summer.
Bring summer scents into your home.
Add Patriotic Touches.
Depending on where you live, patriotic touches can be a great way to bring summer into your home and garden. Simply using the colors as a theme makes this even easier to do.