DIY Strawberry Sugar Scrub Bars are a nice idea for exfoliating the skin.
I like how easy this soap is to make as well!
DIY Strawberry Sugar Scrub Bars
This is a homemade do it yourself sugar soap.
It is scented to smell like strawberries to make the skin smell even better!
Did you make my Easy Homemade Lip Balm project?
That homemade lip balm is amazing for keeping lips from getting chapped.
This sugar scrub idea would go great with the lip balm if you are looking for any kind of gift ideas.
To make this soap scrub you will need a square soap mold. You can find a good selection of square soap molds here.
You may be wondering what does sugar scrub do to your skin.
Sugar is often used in skin cleansing products.
There are several reasons for using sugar to clean the skin.
Sugar is a natural product which is why many people like using it.
However, sugar is also an inexpensive and gentle skin exfoliator as well.
This result of using sugar to scrub the skin is that it can leave the skin invigorated and smooth.
This DIY project is for anyone asking how do you make sugar scrub soap.
This sugar scrub is somewhat of a soap.
However, because sugar scrub is not fully a soap, it is made a bit differently.
This sugar scrub soap is made in bars, just like most soap is.
It also has a soap base.
But, because this idea is meant to enhance the skin, it also has other ingredients.
Tips for making homemade soap.
More tips for you
- Using a detergent free soap base is recommended if you have sensitive skin or a skin condition. You can however find soap bases that are detergent free here.
- Because this soap is strawberry scented, I am using mica powder to give this soap color. Feel free however to omit this if you want your soap to not have color in it.
- Using a microwave safe spouted measuring cup will make this project easier for you. You can find microwave safe spouted measuring cups here.
Personalize homemade soap.
This sugar scrub soap is great just the way it is.
However, you can take it up a notch.
Try one of these ideas.
- Instead of using the strawberry oil, use another oil scent.
- You can also use a different color mica powder.
- Instead of making this soap into cubes, use another shape soap mold such as one of these.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
About homemade soap scrub.
This is a do it yourself project for making homemade soap scrub.
The soap scrub is scented with essential oils such as strawberry.
The scrub is intended to be an exfoliator for the skin.
Sugar is used as the exfoliator in this scrub.
It is a natural and inexpensive scrub choice that does the job well.
Ingredients needed to make this sugar scrub.
- Melt and pour soap base- 2 (1X1") cubes.
- Sugar- ½ cup. Granular works well.
- Sweet Almond Oil- 2 tablespoons.
- Rubbing Alcohol- ½ teaspoon.
- Red Mica Powder- ¼ teaspoon.
- Deep Rose Mica Powder- ¼ teaspoon.
- Strawberry Fragrance Oil- 25 drops.
- Peppermint Essential Oil- 8 drops.
- Cinnamon Fragrance Oil - 3 drops.
How to make Strawberry Sugar Scrub Bars.
Step One: prepare.
Prepare your workspace as needed.
I like to place my mold on an old rimmed baking sheet in case I need to move it while it is setting.
Have your ingredients ready to go since you will be working quickly.
Also, make sure that your equipment is clean and dry before making the soap.
Step Two: prepare the soap.
I suggest using wooden craft sticks to stir the ingredients.
Use a microwave safe spouted measuring cup. Place the soap base into the spouted measuring cup and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Then remove the warmed soap base and stir it well using a craft stick.
Next, stir in the sugar and the sweet almond oil. Make sure that you stir this well.
In a small bowl, combine the rubbing oil and the mica powders stirring until well blended.
Then stir in the soap and sugar mixture from the measuring cup until blended.
(If the mixture is starting to harden, heat reheat it for ten seconds.)
Lastly, stir in the fragrance and essential oils.
Step Three finish making the soap cubes.
Pour the soap mixture into the molds.
Allow this to set until hard, about two hours.
Then you can remove the soap from the molds and cut into quarters if desired.
DIY Strawberry Sugar Scrub Bars, a recipe for an invigorating and exfoliating homemade soap idea to help beautify the skin.
DIY STRAWBERRY SUGAR SCRUB BARS
- square soap mold
- Use a microwave safe spouted measuring cup. Place the soap base into the spouted measuring cup and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Then remove the warmed soap base and stir it well using a craft stick.Next, stir in the sugar and the sweet almond oil. Make sure that you stir this well.In a small bowl, combine the rubbing oil and the mica powders stirring until well blended. Then stir in the soap and sugar mixture from the measuring cup until blended.(If the mixture is starting to harden, heat reheat it for ten seconds.)Lastly, stir in the fragrance and essential oils.
- Pour the soap mixture into the molds. Allow this to set until hard, about two hours. Then you can remove the soap from the molds and cut into quarters if desired.