Easy Homemade Lip Balm is perfect for those dry lips.
I like that this do it yourself idea is so easy to make!
Easy Homemade Lip Balm
A simple idea for making lip balm.
I like how easy it is to make this idea.
Did you try my DIY Milk Bath Bombs?
That bath bomb idea would make for a relaxing bath.
Both this lip balm and that bath bomb would make for a nice gift idea for someone.
To make this lip balm you will need lip balm tins. You can find a good selection of lip balm tins here.
People ask is peppermint good for lip balm.
Yes, there are many flavors or scents that you can make a homemade lip balm.
This project features peppermint.
Peppermint is a favorite choice scent or flavor for many.
This could be because peppermint is refreshing to the breath and to the lips.
However, peppermint essential oil is said to have southing properties for the lips.
You may also be wondering how do you make natural lip balm.
This is a natural lip balm as the recipe is based on beeswax.
Beeswax is a natural base to use as it is made by bees (as you know).
The other ingredients in this lip balm are also natural.
Beeswax is not only nonallergenic, it is also helps with inflammation as it softens.
The natural ingredients in this have been around for a long time and are used by many people.
Tips for making homemade lip balm.
This recipe uses peppermint essential oil. Feel free to add an additional drop of vanilla or another essential oil to enhance the peppermint.
More tips for you
- I am using coconut oil in this recipe. Alternative oils that you can use include almond oil or avocado oil.
- Make sure that you are using bowls and spoons etc. that are fully dry. Water can ruin the lip balm.
- This recipe is made in a microwave. You can alternatively use a stove to heat the ingredients. Using a double boiler method is recommended.
Personalize homemade lip balm.
This project is simple and wonderful just the way it is.
However, you can make yours even better.
Try one of these ideas.
- This recipe calls for rose mica powder for coloring. Feel free to use another color mica powder or none instead.
- Add a drop or two of honey to make your lip balm sweet.
- Use rose oil instead of the coconut oil.
Please make sure that the ingredients that you are using are indeed safe for use in a lip product such as this one.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
About this lip balm recipe.
This is a simple lip balm do it yourself idea.
The lip balm is set in a lip balm tin.
To make this recipe you will need four simple ingredients.
The ingredients are blended together when heated.
They are then transferred to the lip balm tins to set.
Materials Needed to make homemade natural lip balm.
- Beeswax Pellets- 1 tablespoon.
- Coconut Oil- 2 tablespoons.
- Deep Rose Mica Powder- ½ teaspoon.
- Peppermint Essential Oil- 5 drops.
- Lip Balm Tins (.5 ounce).
How to make easy Homemade Lip Balm
Step One: prepare.
Make sure that your microwave safe measuring cup with spout is clean and dry (or double boiler if using stove method).
Prepare your workspace as needed. I like to use a rimmed baking sheet with parchment or old newspaper lining it.
Open up the tins and place the bottoms on the prepared workspace.
Measure out ingredients that need to be measured out.
Step Two: heat the ingredients.
You can start by placing the beeswax in your microwave safe measuring cup. Then you can melt the beeswax on high. You should stop the microwave to stir the melting beeswax every 30 seconds, until fully melted.
When the beeswax is fully melted, stir in the coconut oil until fully blended. The stir in the mica powder and the essential oil.
If you are using the stove method, you can simply use a double boiler on low to medium heat to melt the beeswax.
However, you should be stirring constantly.
Step Three: finish the lip balm.
You can then transfer the blended ingredients to the open lip balm tin, carefully pouring the ingredients into each tin.
Then allow the lip balm to set. This should take about two and a half hours.
Do not place the lids on to the tin until the balm is fully set.
Easy Homemade Lip Balm, a simple four ingredient do it yourself project for making natural peppermint flavored lip balm.
Easy Homemade Lip Balm
- microwave safe measuring cup with spout i
- Start by melting the beeswax on high. You should stop the microwave to stir the melting beeswax every 30 seconds, until fully melted. When the beeswax is fully melted, stir in the coconut oil until fully blended. The stir in the mica powder and the essential oil.
- transfer the blended ingredients to the open lip balm tin, carefully pouring the ingredients into each tin. Then allow the lip balm to set. This should take about two and a half hours
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See diyandfun.com for details on this recipe.