DIY Milk Bath Bombs are such a nice idea.
I like that these bath bombs make for a great bath too!
DIY Milk Bath Bombs
These bath bombs are everything that you need to enjoy a milk bath.
You can even make this milk bath bomb project as a gift to give away to others.
Did you make my Calendula Sugar Scrub?
That body scrub is another great idea for keeping your skin in great condition.
Both this bath bomb and that sugar scrub would be nice gift ideas too!
These bath bombs are made using bath bomb molds. You can find a great selection of bath bomb molds here.
People like to ask me what is a milk bath?
Milk baths have been around for a long time.
This is because adding milk to your bath can be beneficial to your skin.
However, simply adding a carton of milk to your warm water can be a mess and expensive to do.
Using milk bombs is a simple way to make a milk bath and it leaves virtually no mess.
Even better, milk bombs making for a convenient idea for adding milk and other helpful ingredients to your bath all at once.
You may be wondering what kind of milk do you use in a milk bath.
This homemade bath bomb is made using powdered milk.
We are using powdered milk however, when the bomb becomes moist with bathwater, it is just like most any other milk that would be used in a milk bath.
Why use dry milk to make bath bombs and not fresh milk?
Dry milk holds together well which is nice when you are making a cute round ball to give away to others. Also, using powdered milk means that the bombs are shelf safe.
Tips for making homemade bath bombs.
When they hit the water, these bath bombs give a bubbling effect more than a fizzing effect due to the milk. This will go away.
However, milk baths can help to hydrate and soothe your skin.
More tips for you
- Using fresh ingredients is recommended for this project. This is especially true with the citric acid that is added.
- Using dry whole milk is also recommended for this project. Whole milk is more moisturizing to the skin.
- I am using liquid coconut oil as a moisturizer in this bomb. Feel free to use another similar oil such as almond oil if you prefer.
Personalize milk bath bombs.
This is really a basic diy for beginners or anyone looking for an easy bath bomb idea.
While it is a great idea, you could take it up a notch.
Try one of these ideas.
- Add a few drops of essential oils to make this bomb smell really good.
- Orange zest can also add a nice scent to these bombs.
- Make these bombs colorful by adding a small amount of Mica Powder to them!
Be sure to follow DIYandFUN on Facebook and on Pinterest.
I also have a weekly newsletter that you can subscribe to.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
About this milk bath bomb project.
This is a simple homemade do it yourself project for making homemade milk bombs for bathing in.
Milk bombs are soothing to the skin especially during the winter months.
To make this project, you will need powdered milk.
Powdered milk that is whole is preferred because of the fat content.
You will also need bath bomb molds.
Ingredients needed for homemade milk bath bombs.
- Baking Soda- ½ cup.
- Citric Acid- ½ cup.
- Powdered Milk- ¼ cup.
- Liquid Coconut Oil- 1 tablespoon.
- Water- ½ tablespoon.
How to make DIY Milk Bath Bombs
Step One: prepare the ingredients.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the baking soda, citric acid, and powdered milk until blended.
This should take about two minutes.
Next, in a clean glass jar that has a lid, blend together the coconut oil and water.
Shake this very well.
Step Two: combine the ingredients.
We are going to add the liquid from the jar to the dry ingredients in the bowl.
I suggest that you do this slowly and while whisking the entire time (takes two hands!).
Continue whisking until the ingredients are all completely combined together.
Step Three: finish the bombs.
Transfer the blended ingredients to the mold halves.
You will need to overfill one of the mold halves.
Then push the mold halves together to make a bomb. Use a slight twist to secure the halves together.
Allow the molds to set overnight before opening them up.
You can store the bombs individually in plastic wrap.
DIY Milk Bath Bombs, a simple project for making skin moisturizing and soothing bath bombs for a relaxing experience.
DIY Milk Bath Bombs
- bath bomb molds.
- ½ cup Baking Soda
- ½ cup Citric Acid
- ¼ cup Powdered Milk
- 1 tbsp Liquid Coconut Oil
- ½ tbsp Water
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the baking soda, citric acid, and powdered milk until blended. This should take about two minutes.Next, in a clean glass jar that has a lid, blend together the coconut oil and water. Shake this very well. We are going to add the liquid from the jar to the dry ingredients in the bowl. I suggest that you do this slowly and while whisking the entire time (takes two hands!).Continue whisking until the ingredients are all completely combined together.
- Transfer the blended ingredients to the mold halves. You will need to overfill one of the mold halves. Then push the mold halves together to make a bomb. Use a slight twist to secure the halves together. Allow this to set overnight before opening up the molds.