(warning, jumping to recipe can result in missing important information including alternative ingredients and tips. Also, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases made via the links on this website.)
New Years Eve Cupcakes are a fun and easy dessert recipe idea.
I like how tasty these cupcakes are too!
New Years Eve Cupcakes
This recipe features frosted cupcakes that are festive for ringing in the new year.
Really, this recipe would probably work for about any kind of celebration!
Did you see my Easy Sunflower Cupcake recipe?
That cupcake recipe features frosting on top that is in the shape of a sunflower.
In the center of the cupcake is a sandwich cookie.
These cupcakes look even more festive when you use shiny sprinkles on top. You can find gold sprinkles here and silver sprinkles here.
This recipe is for anyone asking what desserts to serve on New Years.
Yes, this recipe works great on New Years eve.
The champagne that is added to the cupcakes really gives these cupcakes a new year flavor.
However, these cupcakes would work on New Years day as well.
You can easily serve these cupcakes to a gathering of people at a brunch.
These cupcakes are also good for celebrations such as anniversaries or graduations.
You may be wondering about New Year cupcake toppers too.
So, using sprinkles are an easy way to give the tops of these cupcakes a festive feel.
I like the idea of both silver and the gold sprinkles on mine.
However, you can also add a fun decoration to the top of the cupcakes.
Adding a cake topper with the date of the new year is one way to top these cupcakes.
Edible cake toppers can also give these cupcakes a nice touch as well.
Tips for making New Years Cupcakes.
This recipe calls for using champagne as a wet ingredient.
You can easily substitute in a sparkling apple cider instead.
More tips for you
- If you are not using champagne in your cupcakes but, you want the flavor there is a simple fix. Simply add a bit of champagne extract (1-2 teaspoons).
- Bake these cupcakes in something shiny that reminds people of the occasion. You can find foil cupcake liners here.
- Serve these cupcakes with something bubbly on the side. It will be the perfect match for he new year!
Personalize these holiday cupcakes.
These cupcakes are cute and tasty just the way that they are.
However, you can take them up a notch.
Try one of these ideas.
- This recipe uses a vanilla cake mix. Feel free to use another cake mix such as an angel cake mix.
- If you decide to use store bought cupcakes, you can add a few drops of champagne extract to the frosting to get a similar cupcake.
- I have not tried this but, you could make this as a cake (although, you may need to adjust baking times).
Be sure to follow DIYandFUN on Facebook and on Pinterest.
I also have a weekly newsletter that you can subscribe to.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
About this recipe for cupcakes for the new year.
This is a simple recipe idea for making cupcakes that are festive for the new year celebration.
The cupcakes are made using a cake mix with a few tweaks in the ingredients.
Champagne is added to this recipe.
The champagne adds flavor to these cupcakes.
It also adds air to the batter to make the cupcakes even more fluffy!
Ingredients needed to make these Champagne Ccupcakes.
- Vanilla Cake Mix- 1 (+egg and oil as per the instructions on the mix).
- Champagne- this is in lieu of the water that would be added. Feel free to use sparkling cider instead.
- Festive Sprinkles.
- Black decorating gel
- Sugar cones for party hats
- Frosting: 2 sticks butter, softened to room temperature.
- Milk - 2-3 tablespoons or as needed
- Powdered Sugar- 4-5 cups as needed for consistency.
How to make New Years Eve Cupcakes.
Step One: make the cupcakes.
Make the cupcakes according to the directions on the packaging.
However, instead of water, add the champagne or sparkling apple cider as the wet ingredient.
Allow the cupcakes to fully cool before decorating.
Step Two: decorate the cupcakes.
Start by making the frosting.
In a mixing bowl, beat together the softened butter, milk and powdered sugar. Add the smallest amount of milk (two tablespoons) and powdered sugar (four cups) first. Then use the remaining amounts as needed to get to your desired consistency for frosting.
Transfer the frosting to a piping bag or zip top bag that you can cut a corner off of to use to frost the cupcakes with.
Add the frosting to each of the cooled cupcakes. Then top with sprinkles and decorations.
To make the sugar cone party hats simple frost each cone and decorate with sprinkles
Place the party hats on top of each cupcake as desired.
You can use decorating gel around the base of the party hats.
Step Three: serve the cupcakes.
You can easily arrange these cupcakes on a table or tray to make them more fun!
New Years Eve Cupcakes, a tasty and simple cupcake recipe idea made with champagne or sparkling cider alternative.
New Years Eve Cupcakes
- Vanilla Cake Mix-
- gold sprinkles here and silver sprinkles
- Black decorating gel
- Sugar cones
- 1 cup butter
- 2 tbsp milk
- 4 cups Powdered Sugar
- Make the cupcakes according to the directions on the packaging. However, instead of water, add the champagne or sparkling apple cider as the wet ingredient.Allow the cupcakes to fully cool before decorating.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the softened butter, milk and powdered sugar. Add the smallest amount of milk (two tablespoons) and powdered sugar (four cups) first. Then use the remaining amounts as needed to get to your desired consistency for frosting.Transfer the frosting to a piping bag or zip top bag that you can cut a corner off of to use to frost the cupcakes with. Add the frosting to each of the cooled cupcakes. Then top with sprinkles and decorations.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!