Tasty Love Bug Cupcakes is really a cute idea.
I like how easy it is to make these cupcakes.
Tasty Love Bug Cupcakes
This is a fun recipe idea for decorating chocolate cupcakes.
Decorating the cupcakes turns them into 'love bugs'.
Have you tried my Easy Sunflower Cupcakes?
That easy cupcake recipe is similar to this one as we are decorating cupcakes to look like something special.
However, that cupcake is a lighter cupcake and looks like a sunflower instead of a bug.
These love bugs have edible eye. You can find edible eyes here .
People ask what is meaning of love bug.
This cupcake has the same name of an insect called the love bug.
However, this cupcake really has little beyond that name in common with that bug.
Instead, this cupcake is more of a play on words.
Using the name 'love bug' is more of a romantic idea.
Because of this 'romantic' reference, these bugs are cute rather than..buggy.
This recipe is really one of those easy valentines cupcakes.
We are basically decorating chocolate cupcakes to look like cute bugs.
Adding a heart candy makes this even more romantic.
Did someone say Valentine's day?
Yes, these cupcakes are perfect for Valentines day.
However, they can also be enjoyed any time of the year because they are so cute!
Tips for making cupcakes.
When it comes to baking the cupcakes, use fresh ingredients.
This will insure that your cupcakes come out tasting as good as they look!
More tips for you
- While baking the cupcakes is recommended, you could use a bit of a 'cheat'. Simply purchase plain chocolate cupcakes and you are good to go for decorating.
- Make these cupcakes lower in sugar. Use a sugar free chocolate cupcake mix.
- Bake your cupcakes using fun liners. You can find heart decorated cupcake liners here.
Personalize Valentines Day cupcakes.
This recipe for cupcakes is cute and easy to make just as it is.
However, you can make them even better.
Try one of these ideas.
- Scoop out a small amount of the center of the cupcakes and stuff it with frosting.
- Add some chocolate chips to the cupcake batter for an extra burst of chocolate.
- Or, you can stir in some white chocolate chips instead.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
About this cupcake recipe.
This is a simple recipe for making love bug cupcakes.
To make these cupcakes you will need already baked chocolate cupcakes.
We will then decorate the cupcakes.
To decorate the cupcakes we will use simple frosting.
Then we will add toppings to the frosting.
Ingredients needed to make decorated cupcakes.
- Chocolate Cake Mix1 box plus oil, eggs, and water per box instructions.
- Red cookie frosting /icing
- White cookie frosting
- edible eyes
- Valentines Day Sprinkles that include a heart.
How to make Tasty Love Bug Cupcakes
Step One: bake the cupcakes.
Bake the cupcakes according to the instructions on the packaging.
Then allow the cupcakes to fully cool.
Step Two: make the head and the wings on the bugs.
With the red frosting, make the wings. To do so, simply apply the frosting as two triangles.
The wide ends of the triangles should face the head white the pointed ends face the backside.
I suggest that you first outline the triangles with the frosting and then fill in the outline.
Then with the white frosting, make two dots to attach the edible eyes to the cupcakes.
Add an additional white frosting dot to attach a heart from the sprinkles to the cupcake to make the nose.
Step Three: finish the cupcakes.
Simply add additional sprinkles and decorations as desired.
Then enjoy the cupcakes!
Tasty Love Bug Cupcakes, an easy recipe for turning chocolate cupcakes in love bugs using edible toppings and frosting.
Tasty Love Bug Cupcakes
- Bake the cupcakes according to the instructions on the packaging. Then allow the cupcakes to fully cool. .With the red frosting, make the wings. To do so, simply apply the frosting as two triangles. The wide ends of the triangles should face the head white the pointed ends face the backside. Then with the white frosting, make two dots to attach the edible eyes to the cupcakes. Add an additional white frosting dot to attach a heart from the sprinkles to the cupcake to make the nose.
- Simply add additional sprinkles and decorations as desired. Then enjoy the cupcakes!
originally posted:December 30, 2021
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!