Easiest Strawberry Fudge that tastes great too!
I like that this can be personalized for different holidays if needed!
Easiest Strawberry Fudge
This is a basic fudge recipe that is strawberry inspired.
Strawberry fudge can be enjoyed about any time of the year!
Did you try my 4 Ingredient Pink Circus Fudge recipe?
That fudge recipe feature delicious circus cookies for added flavor and crunch.
This recipe is really about the strawberry flavor.
This recipe can be decorated with pink and red sprinkles. You can find a great selection of sprinkles here.
People often ask what is the secret to making fudge.
Perhaps the biggest mistake that people make is not adding the right amount of chocolate.
The chocolate added to fudge is use for both flavor and structure.
If there is a problem with your fudge due to the chocolate, you will notice it.
If your fudge turns out hard or seems to fall apart when you go to cut it, you probably added too much chocolate. However, if your fudge is having problems setting, you probably did not use enough chocolate.
You may be wondering what is the difference between chocolate and fudge.
Technically, fudge is made with chocolate.
However, they are two different things.
I think of fudge as chocolate plus a dew other ingredients.
Usually one of those ingredients will be a fat such as butter.
It is also common to use condensed milk in a fudge recipe.
Tips for making strawberry fudge.
This recipe gets some of its strawberry flavor from Strawberry Extract. It is important that you do not add the extract directly to the chocolate or it will ruin the fudge due to the chocolate seizing.
More tips for you
- If you cannot find strawberry candy melts you can use pink candy melts. You may want to add an extra teaspoon of the extract for flavor.
- Following the directions on the packaging is recommended for melting. However, I use a microwave safe bowl to microwave my melts, stopping to stir every 30 seconds.
- When you line your pan with the parchment paper it is a good idea to allow excess paper overhang the edges oft he pan. This will make it easier to lift the fudge out on the pan for serving.
Personalize your fudge.
This fudge is great just the way it is.
However, you can take it up a notch.
Try one of these ideas.
- For Christmas, use holiday sprinkles.
- However, for Valentines day you can top your fudge with Valentines sprinkles.
- Just before you set your fudge, top the fudge with white chocolate chips.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
About this recipe for strawberry fudge.
This is a simple fudge recipe.
It is made with buttercream frosting and chocolate candy melts.
This fudge is strawberry flavored.
We are using strawberry flavored candy melts and strawberry extract to flavor the fudge.
To make the fudge festive, it is topped with sprinkles which can be holiday themed.
Ingredients needed to make strawberry fidge.
- Buttercream Frosting- 16 ounces. Using a container of premade frosting is a good idea.
- Red Candy Melts- ¾ cup.
- Strawberry Flavored Pink Candy Melts- ¾ cup.
- Strawberry Extract- 1 teaspoon.
- Sprinkles for the topping.
How to make Easiest Strawberry Fudge
Step One: prepare.
Gather your ingredients.
Line a square baking pan with parchment paper that overhangs the pan.
Make sure that you are using a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup for melting the wafers in.
Step Two: combine the ingredients.
Place the red candy melts in your microwave safe bowl and heat on high, stopping to stir every 30 seconds, until smooth. It should take between two and three minutes to fully melt.
Next, in another microwave safe bowl, do the same with the pink candy melts, keeping the two colors separated.
Remove the lid and film (foil too!) from the frosting and place it in the microwave for 45 seconds or until fully melted and smooth (could take up to a minute). Carefully stir in the extract to the frosting.
Place half of the frosting in with the red candy melts and the other half with the pink candy melts.
Stir each color vigorously until fully mixed.
Step Three: finish making the fudge.
Transfer the mixture to the prepped pan alternating the two colors in random spots.
Pause to tap the pan in between adding the mixtures to remove the bubbles. Then evenly spread out the mixture and sprinkle with any toppings.
Refrigerate the fudge until set (about two hours).
Easiest Strawberry Fudge, a simple recipe for making a delicious fudge for snack or dessert that is strawberry flavored.
Easiest Strawberry Fudge
Sprinkles for the topping.
- Place the red candy melts in your microwave safe bowl and heat on high, stopping to stir every 30 seconds, until smooth. Next, in another microwave safe bowl, do the same with the pink candy melts, keeping the two colors separated. Remove the lid and film (foil too!) from the frosting and place it in the microwave for 45 seconds or until fully melted and smooth (could take up to a minute). Carefully stir in the extract to the frosting.Place half of the frosting in with the red candy melts and the other half with the pink candy melts. Stir each color vigorously until fully mixed.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepped pan alternating the two colors in random spots. Pause to tap the pan in between adding the mixtures to remove the bubbles. Then evenly spread out the mixture and sprinkle with any toppings.Refrigerate the fudge until set (about two hours).
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See diayandfun.com for details on this recipe and others.
originally posted:January 22, 2022
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!