(warning, jumping to recipe can result in missing important information including alternative ingredients and tips. Also, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases made via the links on this website.)
Easy Air Fryer Pasta Chips are surprisingly tasty!
This is really a great idea for a quick and easy snack!
Easy Air Fryer Pasta Chips
This is a simple recipe that can be made in an air fryer in minutes.
I like how easy it is to personalize this recipe too!
Did you try my recipe for White Chocolate Muddy Buddies Puppy Chow?
That recipe is another popular snack recipe that kids and families seem to enjoy.
This recipe for air fryer pasta chips is about the easiest snack recipe ever!
This recipe works best in a basic air fryer.
You can find a great selection of basic air fryers at good prices here.
This pasta chips air fryer recipe is pretty simple to make.
I say this because it is made in an air fryer .
Also, there are few ingredients actually needed to make it.
What you need to know is that the pasta needs to be cooked before making this recipe.
I like that this recipe makes use of leftover pasta by the way.
When you cook the pasta, cook it according the instruction on the package.
You may be wondering what is the best kind of pasta to use when making air fryer pasta chips.
I suggest using a pasta that is easy to pick up with your fingers.
Also, the pasta should be able to hold some kind of a dip as you will probably want to dip these pasta chips in dip.
Choose a pasta that is between 1 ½ to three inches long for best results.
Also, the pasta should be flat rather than round so that it can be used for dipping.
Good pasta choices include farfalle pasta, bowtie pasta, and Campanelle pasta.
Here are some tips for making air fryer pasta chips.
I mentioned above that using pasta that is about 1 ½-3" wide works great in this recipe.
However, you can really use about any pasta, including lasagna that has been broken up, depending on if you plan on dipping the chips.
More helpful tips for you.
- It is important that you remember to shake the air fryer basket a few times while the pasta is air frying. This will help keep the pasta from sticking to one another and allow the pasta to bake evenly.
- Did I mention that you can make this recipe low in carbs? Make these as low carb air fryer chips by using low carb pasta. You should keep an eye on the pasta as it bakes as it may not bake exactly like regular pasta depending on the ingredients that went into the low carb pasta.
- Cooking the pasta just under the time actually needed, or al dente, is sometimes done as some pasta is easier to bite into when air fried by doing this. You can cook you pasta either just underdone or as instructed, depending on your preferences.
How to make pasta chips without an air fryer.
I get that there are people out there who do not own an air fryer.
First let me tell you that you should really consider getting an air fryer as they are so easy to use and offer a healthier way to make so many things.
To make pasta chips in an over, prepare the pasta according to the instructions on the packaging.
Follow the instructions below for prepping the pasta chips.
Then bake in a 250 oven on a rimmed baking sheet for 15-18 minutes, flipping at least once, until crisp, allow to cool.
Be sure to follow DIYandFUN on Facebook and on Pinterest.
I also have a weekly newsletter that you can subscribe to.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
Here are some more ideas that you may be interested in.
- Heaven on Earth Cake Dessert
- How to Start a Vegetable Garden for Beginners.
- Terra Cotta Pot Bunny Craft DIY
- Easy Lemon Bundt Cake with Pink Glaze
- How to start a flower garden for beginners
Ingredients needed to make Easy Air Fryer Pasta Chips
- Pasta- 1 (16 ounce box) such as bowtie pasta.
- Olive Oil Spray
- Grated Parmesan Cheese- ½ cup
- Garlic Powder- 1 teaspoon.
- Sauce for dipping such as marinara.
How to make Easy Air Fryer Pasta Chips
Step 1. Cook the pasta as indicated on the packaging. Allow the cooked pasta to drain then rinse it under cold water. Place the pasta on a clean kitchen towel or paper towels and pat the pasta dry. Place the cooked, cooled, and drained pasta in a large bowl.
Step 2. Preheat your air fryer to 400. Spray the pasta with two pumps of the olive oil spray and toss. Then transfer the pasta to the air fryer. Air fry for 10-12 minutes or until crisp, stopping to shake the basket at least once. Place the air fried pasta in a large bowl.
Step 3. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese and the garlic powder over the air fried pasta and toss. Then serve.
Here are some variations that you can try for air fryer pasta chips.
- Use another oil spray such as avocado oil spray or coconut oil spray.
- Ditch the garlic and parmesan and use cinnamon or an everything seasoning instead.
- Use up to a tablespoon of olive oil instead of the spray version.
Easy Air Fryer Pasta Chips are a simple and delicious snack that about anyone can make. Three recipe options included.
Easy Air Fryer Pasta Chips
- 2 cups Pasta - see post for details
- Olive Oil Spray
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Cook the pasta as indicated on the packaging. Drain and rinse. Transfer to a bowl then toss with the olive oil spray.
- Air fry for 10-12 minutes at 400, shaking the basket at least once. Then sprinkle with the garlic and parmesan cheese and serve.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!