Easy Decoupage Vase DIY is a simple and quick craft idea.
I really like this is such a great gift idea for someone.
Easy Decoupage Vase DIY
This is a simple craft idea for turning a basic jar into something beautiful.
It does not take a lot of time to make this craft project as well.
Did you see my Garden Shovel Wreath DIY?
That is another quick and easy craft idea. Both this Decoupage vase project and that shovel project can be made using dollar store items!
To make this project you will need Mod Podge. You can find both matte and gloss Mod Podge here.
You may be wondering what is decoupage and how do you do it.
Decoupage is a process for attaching images or print to a surface.
The attached images or prints are then sealed.
You may have done some sort of decoupage project in the past.
People like to decoupage boxes for example using images cut out from magazines. Collages are also popular ideas when it comes to decoupage.
People often ask is it easy to decoupage.
Really, decoupage is as easy as you want it to be. That is, decoupage can be as simple as making a greeting card or as complex as making an impressive tabletop.
How do you start a decoupage project?
I would start with a simple project, such as this one. Follow the directions and learn how to start the process for best results.
Tips For making this decoupage craft project.
I mentioned that materials in this project can be found at your local dollar or discount store. You can also look at resale shops and garage sales for a glass vase to use in this project.
More tips for you
- When applying the Mod Podge, it is best to use thin layers rather than thick ones. Thin layers will dry faster and more evenly.
- Apply the Mod Podge from top to bottom rather than side to side. Being consistent with the strokes will also help make the finished project look better.
- If you are using a lightweight design, such as a napkin, there may some shifting. You can simply adjust the shifting while applying the Mod Podge.
Personalize your decoupage vase.
This vase project is easy and colorful when you use a beverage or similar kind of napkin.
There are some ways to make this project even better.
Try one of these ideas.
- Instead of using a napkin, use printed words from a newspaper, magazine, or something personal such as program from an event.
- Personalize this for a gift recipient by using their photo or something relevant such as a wedding invitation.
- Add some glitter between layers make the vase sparkle. I suggest that you allow the layer to fully set to prevent the glitter from traveling.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
About this decoupage vase project.
This is a simple project for turning a napkin and a tile into a beverage coaster.
The materials used in this project are relatively inexpensive.
To make this project using a napkin, you will need a thicker napkin such as a beverage napkin.
When selecting a napkin to use in this project, select a napkin that is at least the same size as your vase. Also, select a napkin that has an appealing pattern.
Materials needed to make this Decoupage Vase project
- Glass Vase.
- Paper Napkin or a similar textured paper item. Decorated paper napkins such as beverage napkins or dinner napkins.
- Mod Podge (I like gloss for this project).
- Foam brush. One to two inch size brush works well with this project.
How to make this Easy Decoupage Vase DIY
Step One: prepare.
Prepare your work area for this project as needed.
if you are using a napkin, fully open the napkin up and eye it to make sure that it will fit properly on your vase. .
Step Two: apply the Mod Podge and napkin.
- Start by applying a thin layer of Mod Podge to the entire length of one side of the vase
- Carefully place the napkin on the vase, forming the edge onto the bottom. Gently press and form the napkin to the shape of the vase.
- Rotate the vase repeating this process so that the entire vase is covered. Trim any excess napkin that overhangs the vase
Step Three: seal and finish.
Allow the vase to fully dry. Then apply another layer of the Mod Podges and allow that layer to dry. You can apply another layer of the Mod Podge as needed.
Optional, you can write something on the vase, like my vase has. Use a permeant marker and write between layers of Mod Podge.
Easy Decoupage Vase DIY, a simple craft idea that can be made using dollar store materials. Good for many ages.
Easy Decoupage Vase DIY
- Start by applying a thin layer of Mod Podge to the entire length of one side of the vase Carefully place the napkin on the vase, forming the edge onto the bottom. Gently press and form the napkin to the shape of the vase. Rotate the vase repeating this process so that the entire vase is covered. Trim any excess napkin that overhangs the vase
- Allow the vase to fully dry. Then apply another layer of the Mod Podges and allow that layer to dry. You can apply another layer of the Mod Podge as needed