Homemade (Disney) Dole Whip Recipe reminds me of actually visiting the them parks.
I like hot this whip recipe tastes like yummy frozen pineapple with a mix of ice cream.
Homemade (Disney) Dole Whip Recipe
Make this three ingredient pineapple whip recipe in own at home whenever you have that special craving..
This recipe is based upon the popular Disney park recipe.
Did you try my No Churn Butter Pecan Ice Cream
That tasty no churn ice cream is super easy to make. Like with this recipe, that ice cream recipe can really hit the spot on a warm day!
Like with homemade ice cream, this recipe works great when you use a loaf pan to freeze it in. You can find a variety of loaf pans for ice cream and frozen treats here .
People often ask what is a Dole Whip
Dole whip got its name from the famous pineapple. It is the pineapple that really makes this tasty treat.
A Dole Whip is kind of both a cold beverage and a frozen dessert.
There are really just three ingredients in this recipe and ice cream and pineapples are two of them. The ingredients are blended and then frozen.
What makes a Dole Whip so popular?
Obviously, it may have something to do with being such a popular treat at Disney theme parks. Most everyone enjoys there visit to those parks.
Here is what else folks like about this frozen, or almost frozen, treat.
This treat is a compromise of sorts between real fresh fruit and yummy ice cream. So, almost everyone can agree upon this one.
Tips for making a great tasting Dole Whip.
The enjoyment of this treat really has a lot to do with the consistency you like. Make this into a drink or into dessert.
More tips for you
- If you do not have a soft serve ice cream machine, and really who does?, you can still get a similar presentation. Simply use a piping bag to plate it into your bowl.
- Use frozen pineapple chunks if you want this to freeze faster. You can conveniently find a bag of frozen pineapple chunks in your local freezer department.
- After blending the ingredients you will need to freeze them to get to your desired consistency. For best results, use a bread loaf pan .
Personalize your homemade Pineapple whip.
This copycat version of a Dole Whip is really tasty just the way it is.
However, you can make yours even better.
Try one of these ideas.
- Make this vegan by subbing in two frozen bananas and a cup of coconut milk for your dairy.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract for a richer taste.
- Don't like pineapple? Try frozen oranges or a similar fruit.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
About this Disneyland Copycat Dole Whip
This is a simple recipe for making a homemade frozen pineapple treat. If you like the Disney theme park Dole Whips then you will probably enjoy this treat.
Copycat Dole Whip takes just three ingredients to make.
This recipe makes about a quart of pineapple whip. While it takes about five minutes to combine the ingredients, you will need to freeze the ingredients for about six hours.
Ingredients needed to make a copycat Dole Whip.
- Vanilla Ice Cream- 2 (generous) scoops. Most scoops are about a half cup.
- Pineapple Juice- 1 cup.
- Fresh, canned, or frozen pineapple- 2 cups. It is easiest to use pineapple that has been cut into chunks. Frozen works great for texture and for quicker freezing.
Step One: prepare.
Have a loaf pan clean and ready to go. Also, if your pineapple needs to be cut up, cut it into chunks.
Step Two: combine the ingredients.
You can use a blender or food processor to make this. Blend the ingredients until combined and you reach a smooth consistency. This can take up to a few minutes depending on your pineapple chunks.
Step Three: freeze and serve.
While you can serve this as is, as a shake, you can also freeze this to get more of a 'real' whip. Transfer the blended ingredients to your prepared loaf pan. Cover and freeze the loaf pan for at least six hours. Try not to leave this in the freezer too long as it could develop ice crystals.
Homemade (Disney) Dole Whip Recipe, a simple copycat version of the famous frozen pineapple flavored dessert. 3 Ingredients.
Homemade (Disney) Dole Whip Recipe
- ½ cup Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 cup Pineapple Juice
- 2 cups Pineapple
- In a blender, blend the ingredients until combined and you reach a smooth consistency.
- Transfer the blended ingredients to your prepared loaf pan. Cover and freeze the loaf pan for at least six hours
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See DiyandFun.com for details on this recipe.
originally posted:June 3, 2022
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!