(warning, jumping to recipe can result in missing important information including alternative ingredients and tips. Also, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases made via the links on this website.)
Easy Grilled Cola Burger Recipe that is made with actual soda.
This tasty and juicy burger has a savory, sweet and smoky flavor that is sure to please.
Grilled Coca Cola Hamburgers.
This is a delicious twist on the usual grilled burger idea.
I like how easy this burger is to make on the grill.
Did you try my Yummy Cheeseburger Cupcakes?
Those cupcakes are not really cheeseburgers- they simply look like cheeseburgers and taste like cupcakes. This cheeseburger recipe would go great when served with with those cheeseburger cupcakes.
French dressing is used to make these tasty burgers. You can find a selection of French dressings here.
Frequently asked questions about cola burgers.
Adding cola to a recipe does more than just add moisture to the ingredients.
Cola, or carbonated beverages, with added sugar add flavor to a recipe such as this one.
Here is what else adding cola can do to a recipe.
When cooked, the sugar from the soda that is added to the recipe will caramelize which can result in a richer and more smokey flavor. The bubbles helps with the moisture and the texture of the burgers. Lastly, the acidity that is introduced from the soda helps to make the meat more tender.
Really, you can serve this burger made with soda similarly to how you would serve any other grilled burger.
How to serve this burger.
On a bun with the usual toppings such as lettuce and tomatoes.
Or, in a wrap with a bit of additional sauce brush on.
Serve this burger on brioche or an english muffin with melted cheese and sauteed onions on top.
Tips for making cola burgers.
The standard cola that used to make this recipe is Coca-Cola. You can alternatively use another cola to make your cola burgers with however.
More tips for you
- Higher quality beef will make a more moist burger with the best flavor. However, this recipe can really be made with any kind of ground beef.
- Sugar free varieties of cola will not work in this recipe. This is because the caramelizing of the sugar in the soda is essential to the success of the recipe.
- The burgers in this recipe are combined with other ingredients before grilling. Resist the urge to over-combine the ingredients as doing so can make the burgers tough.
Personalize this recipe for burgers made with cola.
For burger fans, this recipe is great just the way it is.
However, you can make yours even better.
Try one of these ideas.
- Instead of beef, try making these burgers with ground chicken, ground turkey, or a vegan alternative (cooking times can vary).
- Dark beer can also work in this recipe in place of the cola.
- Add grilled onions or garlic to tops the burgers before serving for even more flavor.
👇You may also be interested in these ideas!👇
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
About these grilled burgers made with cola.
To make this recipe we will first combine the burger meat with the other ingredients and form it into patties. Then we will grill the burgers on medium heat for about 10-14 minutes.
These burgers can be made using other methods.
- In an oven at 350 for 10-12 minutes on each side.
- Over a campfire (cooking time can vary).
- On the stove over medium heat for five to seven minutes per side.
Ingredients needed to make this Easy Grilled Cola Burger Recipe.
- Ground Beef. You can alternatively use ground chicken, turkey, or a vegan alternative (cooking times can vary).
- Egg. Added to hold the ingredient together.
- Cola . Traditionally made with Coca-Cola, this recipe can be made with other colas that have been sweetened with sugar.
- Saltines. You can try using any cracker if desired or panko, croutons, or even oatmeal. The crackers should be crushed.
- Garlic. Your garlic should be minced or chopped small.
- Onion. Dice or chop the onion small as well.
- French Salad Dressing. Added for moisture and flavor. Ketchup or barbecue sauce can alternatively be used.
- Parmesan Cheese. Helps to hold the burgers together while adding moisture. Please use grated parmesan cheese (the real kind 😉).
- Seasonings as desired.
How to make Easy Grilled Cola Burgers
Prep: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Step One: prepare.
To prepare your grill, make sure it is clean. Then preheat your grill to medium heat (about 400) and treat the grates as you normally do when cooking on it.
Step Two: make the patties.
In a mixing bowl, use a whisk to mix together the egg, half of the soda, crushed saltines, two tablespoons of the dressing, the onions and garlic, and the parmesan cheese. Then add the meat and use your hands to mix the ingredients until just combined and you are able to form patties. You should be able to form six average sized burgers.
Step Three: grill the burgers.
In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining cola and dressing. Place the burgers on to your grill and cook for about five to six minutes per side, or until they are cooked through. Resist the urge to press down on the burgers while they are cooking as doing so can squeeze out the juices and make the burgers dry as a result.
Before flipping the burger, use a clean pastry or similar brush to brush the remaining cola and dressing over the burger (use a clean brush if the brush has touched raw meat).
Grill for about five to seven minutes on each side or until the internal temperature of the burger reaches 160. You can use a clean brush to brush on the remaining mixture when flipping the burger.
Expert Tip 👉 The safe internal temperature for ground burgers, is 160°F (71°C). This is the temperature that the experts say harmful bacteria are killed and the meat is safe to eat.
👇You may also be interested in these ideas!👇
In case you missed something.
Easy Grilled Cola Burger Recipe, a simple and delicious grilled burger flavored with soda and french salad dressing.
Easy Grilled Cola Burger Recipe
- 1 Egg
- ⅔ cup Cola -See post for details and alternatives.
- ½ cup Saltines - crushed. See post for details and alternatives.
- 1 tsp Garlic - minced or chopped
- ¼ cup Onion - chopped or diced small.
- 7 tbsp French Dressing
- 2 ½ tbsp Parmesan Cheese - grated
- 1 ½ lb Ground Beef
- o prepare your grill, make sure it is clean. Then preheat your grill to medium heat (about 400) and treat the grates as you normally do when cooking on it.
- In a mixing bowl, use a whisk to mix together the egg, half of the soda, the crushed saltines, two tablespoons of the dressing, the onions and garlic, and the parmesan cheese.
- Then add the meat to the bowl and use your hands to mix the ingredients until just combined and you are able to form patties. You should be able to form six average sized burger patties .
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining cola and dressing.
- Place the burgers on to your grill and cook for about five to six minutes per side, or until they are cooked through. Resist the urge to press down on the burgers while they are cooking as doing so can squeeze out the juices and make the burgers dry as a result.
- Before flipping the burger, use a clean pastry or similar brush to brush the remaining cola and dressing over the burger (use a clean brush if the brush has touched raw meat).
- Grill for about five to seven minutes on each side or until the internal temperature of the burger reaches 165. You can use a clean brush to brush on the remaining mixture when flipping the burger.
Also, please see the actual recipe post for further details on this recipe. Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See DiyandFun.com for details on this recipe.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!
Thanks so much for visiting!
If you decide to try any of the ideas listed in this article please tag on social media @diyandfun. We like to hear your ideas and suggestions.
DIY and Fun is a website dedicated to providing you with the best DIY projects, crafts, recipes, hiking, and fun ideas that inspire. Whether you're looking for a new way to decorate your home, learn a new skill, or simply have some fun, DIY and Fun has something for everyone.
Here are some additional ways to keep coming back to DIY and Fun:
- Sign up for our email newsletter. We'll send you weekly updates with new projects, inspiration, and more.
- Follow us on social media. We're on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- Our community forum is coming soon. Share your projects, ask questions, and get inspired by other DIYers.
We hope to see you soon!
-Mary and Mike.