Homemade Instant Pot Holiday Potpourri brings a festive Christmas scent to any room.
I like that this diy idea makes for a perfect give to give to family and friends as well.
Homemade Instant Pot Holiday Potpourri
This is a simple do it yourself idea for making fresh potpourri.
I really like that this DIY project uses fresh and simple ingredients as well!
Did you read my article on 20 Cheap Fall Activities for Families?
This potpourri goes great in a mason jar for gift giving or storage. You can find a good selection of mason jars here.
This DIY idea is for anyone asking how do I make my own potpourri.
There really are two kinds of potpourri, dry and wet.
This recipe is for a 'wet potpourri'.
There is an advantages to having a 'wet potpourri'.
A wet potpourri can be used to add fragrance to a larger area such as an entire house.
Dry potpourri has a more limited reach, like a room or a drawer.
There are people who will ask what is the purpose of potpourri.
This is also for anyone asking how can I make my house smell like the holidays.
There really is nothing to get you more into a holiday mood than something that reminds you of the holiday season year after year.
For many of us, the reminder is the scents that remind us of Christmas.
What are the scents that remind us of Christmas?
I like anything that reminds me of holiday baking especially.
This would include cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
Tips for making homemade potpourri.
This project is made using items that you probably already have around the house.
Feel free to add additional holiday-inspired items as well.
More tips for you
- This project is great for gift giving. Simply place it into a canning or similar jar, add a ribbon or other element, and give the potpourri to someone that you care about with heating instructions.
- I will give you the directions on making this on a stove. If you keep this simmering on the stove, or elsewhere, keep an eye on the water level while the heat is on.
- Make this a fall into holiday season scent. Simply add some apples to the pot!
Personalize this homemade potpourri.
This potpourri is great just the way it is.
However, you can take it up a notch.
Try one of these ideas.
- Add some pine needles to the pot for a bit of a pine smell.
- Place a pine cone in the jar before giving it as a gift.
- Use another extract in addition or with the vanilla. I like a Maple Extract.
Be sure to follow DIYandFUN on Facebook and on Pinterest.
I also have a weekly newsletter that you can subscribe to.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
Ingredients needed to make Christmas scented potpourri.
- 32 ounce jar that has lids-2.
- Whole Cloves -2 tablespoons.
- Ground Ginger- 1 tablespoon.
- Nutmeg- 1 tablespoon, ground.
- Cinnamon- 5 sticks.
- Bay Leaves- 3.
- Cranberries- 1 cup.
- Rosemary- 3 sprigs.
- Water- 4 cups- when heating up.
- Vanilla Extract- 4 tablespoons- when heating up.
About this Homemade Instant Pot Holiday Potpourri
I will start by telling you how to prep for this project.
Then I will share how to make it using three different methods.
You can use two 32 ounce jars or as many jars to add up to 64 ounces.
Simply distribute the ingredients evenly between the jars.
How to prep for the potpourri.
- Clean the jars as needed and then set them out to fill with the ingredients.
- Slice the lemons and the oranges in ¼-inch slices. Then place them into the jars so that each jar has equal amounts..
- Repeat this last step wit the remaining ingredients except for the wet ingredients (vanilla and water).
- Seal the jars until you are ready to make the potpourri.
Each of the jars will be able to make a potpourri.
Do not add the liquids until you are ready to scent your home.
Each of the jars can be given away as gift with instructions on how to heat the potpourri up.
Instant Pot Method for making potpourri.
- Transfer the contents in the jar to the instant pot.
- Add the vanilla extract and water.
- Set the instant pot to sauté.
- Add two cups of water and two tablespoons of vanilla and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, set instant pot to warm and enjoy the fall smells. Leave the lid off.
- Add water as needed.
Slow Cooker Method for heating potpourri.
- Add the contents from a jar to the slow cooker and set to high heat.
- Then add two cups of water and two tablespoons of vanilla.
- Bring to a boil.
- Leave the lid off to enjoy the fall smells.
Stove Top Method for heating potpourri.
- Add all of the contents from the jar to a pot on the stove.
- Then add the vanilla and the water.
- Bring the contents to a boil.
- Once at a boil, reduce to a simmer.
- Add more water as needed.
- Leave any lids off to enjoy the fall smells.
Homemade Instant Pot Holiday Potpourri, bring a festive Christmas inspired scent to your home . Includes stove top and slow cooker recipes.