This is for anyone asking How to make a Family Movie Night at Home.
Family movie night is one of the more enjoyable ways to have fun together.
How to make a Family Movie Night at Home
This is such a fun way for a family to spend some time together.
Even better, it does not cost a lot of money to make this event happen!
There is a bit of planning that you will have to do in advance of having this fun event.
That planning includes setting a date, choosing a movie, and deciding on a location.
25 of the best tips for planning out your family movie night.
I have broken this up into the planning stage for the event, setting up the event, and how to make your family movie night fun.
Feel free to adjust my tips according to the needs and preferences of your family.
What you should consider are the ages of the participants, the location that your movie viewing will take place, and any special needs of your family members. By all means, allow your kids to get involved with the planning to their best ability.
How to plan for a family movie night.
Here are eight tips for helping you plan out your movie night.
- Notify your family members that you are wanting to plan the event. Ask if anyone wants to help plan it out with you.
- As a family, decide on a date for your family movie night.
- Choose a time for the event. If you will be hosting this even outside, consider the timing of the sunset an possible weather conditions that may affect your plans.
- Take suggestions for movies. Consider movies that are age-specific or movies that are appropriate for everyone that will be there.
- Plan the food and beverages for the evening. Ordering pizza or making popcorn are popular ideas. Make a shopping list.
- Will you be watching your movie on a screen? You can find affordable projection screens easily online for movie nights.
- Decide if you will use a computer, phone, or other method of streaming your movie.
- Consider using a Chromecast for the easy streaming!
Did you know that you can stream family night movies from streaming services?
Hulu, Netflix, and Disney Plus are good places to find a variety of family
friendly movies that can work out for you!
Family movie night theme ideas
Having a theme for your family movie night can help make it more fun.
A theme can also help pull everything together!
Here are 8 family movie night theme ideas.
- Pizza night. Make a homemade pizza and watch a movie that has pizza in it.
- Popcorn night. Serve different kinds of popcorn as a buffet.
- Slumber party. This would work well in a family room, basement, or tents in the backyard.
- Disney night. Dress up like Disney characters and watch Disney movies.
- Pet night. Invite your pets, serve them homemade pet-safe treats, and watch pet themed movies.
- Ice Cream bar night. Have several kind of ice cream along with favorite toppings to go with them.
- 70's or 80's night. Dress like you are in the 1970's or 1980's and watch movies from that era.
- Holiday movie night. Celebrate a holiday even if it is not that time of the year. Decorate, dress, and serve food that is part of that holiday.
How to set up for family movie night.
Setting up for movie night can be fun too. Allow everyone to help out.
Here are nine tips for setting up your family movie night.
- Before you set up, make sure that your venue is still going to work. If it is raining outside, you may want to move your movie night indoors.
- Check your shopping list to make sure that you have everything that you planned for.
- Start by setting up where your projector or what your projecting from will be located.
- Place your movie screen in a location that will be easy for everyone to see it.
- Set up seating locations so that everyone will be comfortable and able to see the movie.
- Place a table nearby so that you can put food and extras out.
- Plan for bugs, spills, and weather as needed. Extra napkins and blankets are helpful.
- Plan for an intermission in case anyone needs to use the bathroom, change their clothing, or get a pillow.
- Lastly, after the movie has ended, ask everyone if they enjoyed the movie, the movie night, and if they had fun. Recruit helpers to clean up.
Have a fun movie night!
You can download free tickets, invitations, and a poster here.