This Key Lime Pie in a Jar is really a tasty twist on a favorite desert.
I like that these individual servings takes like creamy and lush lime with an accent of sweet strawberries!
Individual Key Lime Pie in a Jar.
This is a simple recipe for making individual servings of pie.
These servings can be served in a jar, a cup, or anything else you want to serve them in.
Did you try me Cookies and Cream Cake in a Jar?
That is another idea for a dessert that can be served individually.
While that recipe is for a cake in a jar, this recipe is for a pie in a jar.
Not sure what to serve these individual pies in? My pies in this recipe are served in dessert cups that you can find here.
Key lime pie is a popular dessert recipe that feature the flavor of Key Limes.
Traditionally, this pie is a baked dessert however, there are many variations of key lime pie that are also tasty to eat.
This key lime pie is made in a small jar or dessert cup.
The reason why many people like to make individual desserts such as this one is because it makes serving the dessert easier to do. This is especially true when you are hosting a gathering or sharing the desserts with others. Individual servings takes the time out of having to slice and serve a pie.
Certainly, you can use your imagination when you make your key lime pie. However, serving these in a see-through jar or cup makes them more appealing. That is, the presentation of these pies is more impressive when your guests can see the layered desserts.
Tips for making and serving pie in a jar.
The convenience of making individual servings in a jar or cup is that you can make them ahead of time for an occasion. If you are making yours ahead of time, you can brush the strawberries with a little simple syrup to keep them looking fresh.
More tips for you
- My key lime pies have been topped with vanilla frosting. However, whipped topping is an easier way, that is also not as sweet, to top your pies with.
- These desserts are best when served cold. I suggest that you serve yours as soon as possible or refrigerate them before serving.
- Want to make this recipe as a cheesecake? You can simply double the ingredients, use a springform pan, and allow the cheesecake to set in the refrigerator for about five hours or until set.
Personalize this recipe.
This recipe is easy and delicious the way it is.
However, you can make yours even better.
Try one of these ideas.
- Feel free to omit the strawberries and serve as a more true lime pie.
- Instead of the cream cheese center, try vanilla ice cream.
- The crust in my pies is made using graham crackers that are crushed. Another option is to simply use a cookies instead.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
About this pie in a jar recipe.
This recipe is for making individual key lime pies. These pies can be served in a small jar or a dessert cup (such as my pies are served in).
There are three layers to this recipe.
The bottom layer is the crust which is made with graham crackers. Then there is a cream cheese filling which is then topped with fresh fruit on frosting or whipped cream.
Ingredients needed to make pie in a jar.
- Graham Crackers- we are crushing the crackers to make a pie-like crust for each container.
- Crushed dried strawberries are used to make the crust more flavorful. It is no big deal to omit this if you do not want to add this.
- Butter- used to hold the crust together.
- Cream cheese is used as the base for the filling.
- Sugar is used to sweeten and thus, offset the tart flavor of the lime. You can substitute a sugar alternative if you desire to.
- Vanilla yogurt is used to help soften the cream cheese and make it creamy.
- Also, Vanilla extract is used for flavor. I recommend that you use real rather than imitatioin extract.
- Lime zest from a key lime is used for flavoring. You can zest your own lime or you cna use already zested lime.
- Strawberries are sliced and added to the top for both color and flavor. You should slice your strawberries thin (¼").
- Key limes are also sliced and used as a topping. Be sure that you slice your limes thin.
- Lastly, whipped topping or frosting are added with the fruit topping because, this is a pie 🙂 .
How to make Key Lime Pie in a Jar,
Prep time: 10 minutes.
Chill time: 45 min-1 hours
Yield: 12 servings.
Make sure that your jars or cups are clean.
The cream cheese should be softened to room temperature.
Start with making the crust.
- Place the graham crackers in a zip top bag along with the dried strawberries.
- Seal the bag and use a rolling pin or similar item to crush the ingredients.
- Transfer the crushed ingredients to a small mixing bowl. Then remove about a quarter of it to use later on.
- Pour the melted butter over the crushed ingredients and mix until they are able to stick together.
- Use a teaspoon to evenly distribute the mixed ingredients to each of the jars.
- Press the ingredients into the bottom of each jar and then set them aside to set.
Make the filling.
- Beat together your softened cream cheese, yogurt, and sugar until smooth.
- Stir in your lime zest and vanilla.
- You can use a piping bag (with tip 1M) or a spoon to evenly transfer the filling to each jar.
Finish making the cups and refrigerate before serving.
- You can now top the filling with the remaining crushed crust ingredients.
- Place a slice of strawberry on top.
- You can then top the strawberry slice with whipped topping or frosting.
- Lastly, add your slices of strawberries and lime to the top.
- Allow your pies to set in your refrigerator for at least a half hour. These are best when served cold.
Key Lime Pie in a Jar, a simple and delicious individual serving dessert recipe that features both limes and strawberries.
Key Lime Pie in a Jar,
- Place the graham crackers in a zip top bag along with the dried strawberries.Seal the bag and use a rolling pin or similar item to crush the ingredients.Transfer the crushed ingredients to a small mixing bowl. Then remove about a quarter of it to use later on.Pour the melted butter over the crushed ingredients and mix until they are able to stick together. Use a teaspoon to evenly distribute the mixed ingredients to each of the jars. Press the ingredients into the bottom of each jar and then set them aside to set.
- Beat together your softened cream cheese, yogurt, and sugar until smooth. Stir in your lime zest and vanilla. You can use a piping bag (with tip 1M) or a spoon to evenly transfer the filling to each jar.
- You can now top the filling with the remaining crushed crust ingredients. Place a slice of strawberry on top. You can then top the strawberry slice with whipped topping or frosting.Lastly, add your slices of strawberries and lime to the top.Allow your pies to set in your refrigerator for at least a half hour. These are best when served cold.
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See DiyandFun.com for details on this recipe.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!