(warning, jumping to recipe can result in missing important information including alternative ingredients and tips. Also, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases made via the links on this website.)
Lucky St. Patricks Day Popcorn is a fun snack made with popcorn.
I like that this is the perfect color for a holiday that celebrates green.
Lucky St. Patricks Day Popcorn
This is a popcorn recipe that is inspired by the fun of St. Patrick's day.
There are so many ways to personalize this recipe too!
Did you try my Easy Shamrock Shake Recipe?
That shake is another fun way to celebrate St. Patrick's day.
Both that shamrock shake and this yummy popcorn would go good together for a fun celebration!
This recipe can be even more festive by topping it with St. Patrick's day sprinkles. You can find St. Patrick's day sprinkles here.
This recipe is especially for anyone asking what do you serve at a St. Patrick's Day Party.
St. Patrick's day is known for both leprechauns and green.
The green can be anything from green rivers (Chicago..) to green food.
In fact, this may be the one time that green food is something that is okay to eat.
This popcorn is especially festive because it includes drizzled green chocolate.
The green chocolate provides us with a sweet flavor that goes great with the salted popcorn.
People ask what is the best popcorn to eat.
Obviously, the best popcorn is about personal taste.
However, most people can agree that good popcorn is fluffy, has no or few kernels, and just the right flavor.
When it comes to popcorn to go into a mix, the larger popcorn pieces are a good choice.
This is because the larger pieces of popcorn hold more flavor.
Also, there is more surface to cover when adding other ingredients such as drizzled chocolate.
Tips for making great tasting popcorn.
Using freshly popped popcorn is recommended for this recipe.
This is because the popcorn needs to be crisp rather than chewy.
More tips for you.
- Some people prefer to use stove popped popcorn that has been popped in coconut oil. The coconut oil gives a nice flavor to the popcorn.
- If you prefer a bowl of popcorn that has a lot of green chocolate coating, mix the melted chocolate with the popcorn while the popcorn is still moist. The result will be similar to caramel popcorn!
- While stove popped popcorn is a popular way to go, really any popcorn can work in this recipe. I suggest that you keep the popcorn minimally seasoned as you can add seasoning as needed after all of the ingredients have been added.
Personalize St. Patricks Day Popcorn
This recipe for candy coated popcorn is great just the way that it is.
However, you can make yours even better.
Try one of these ideas.
- Add pretzels or other salty snacks to the mix.
- Toss in some St. Patrick's Day candy.
- Add a bit of flavor to your chocolate such as a bit of vanilla extract or mint extract.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
About this recipe for St. Patricks Day Popcorn.
This is a simple snack idea for candy coated popcorn.
The candy coating in green in celebration of St. Patrick's day.
Ingredients needed to make Green Coated Popcorn.
- Freshly Popped Popcorn- 20-22 cups depending on the size. This is about two average sized bags of microwaved popcorn.
- Dark Green Candy Melts- 6 ounces.
- Light Green Candy Melts- 6 ounces.
- Toppings such as St. Patrick's day sprinkles and/or St. Patrick's Day candy.
How to make St. Patricks Day Popcorn .
Step One: prepare.
Prepare two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
Gather your ingredients.
Pop the popcorn if not already popped.
Step Two: combine the ingredients.
Evenly spread out the popped popcorn over the two parchment paper lined baking sheets.
You can use piping bags or zip top bags to drizzle the chocolate over the popcorn.
Use one bag for each color of candy melt.
Tip: melting and applying the chocolate colors individually may be an easier option for you.
If you are using zip top bags, melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl according to directions on the packaging. The carefully transfer the melted chocolate to the zip top bags, seal the bags, and then cut a corner off of the bottom.
Using the piping bag method, use a microwave safe piping bag.
Place the chocolate melts into the bags and microwave until melted, stopping every thirty seconds to use move the contents of the bags around using your hands.
Step Three: finish making the popcorn.
Drizzle the melted chocolate over the popcorn, randomly and evenly covering the popcorn.
Do not stir or mix the ingredients.
Then allow the popcorn to set until the chocolate is hard (about 20 minutes).
To break up the larger pieces, use your hands or a spatula.
St. Patricks Day Popcorn, a tasty and easy recipe for a favorite snack idea especially for St. Patrick's day.
ST. PATRICKS DAY POPCORN
- Evenly spread out the popped popcorn over two parchment paper lined baking sheets. If you are using zip top bags, melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl according to directions on the packaging. The carefully transfer the melted chocolate to the zip top bags, seal the bags, and then cut a corner off of the bottom.Using the piping bag method, use a microwave safe piping bag. Place the chocolate melts into the bags and microwave until melted, stopping every thirty seconds to use move the contents of the bags around using your hands.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the popcorn, randomly and evenly covering the popcorn. Do not stir or mix the ingredients. Then allow the popcorn to set until the chocolate is hard (about 20 minutes).To break up the larger pieces, use your hands or a spatula.
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See diyandfun.com for details on this recipe.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!