Orange Creamsicle Shake reminds me of that popular frozen treat that I loved to eat when I was a kid.
I like that I can make this milkshake at home as an adult!
Orange Creamsicle Shake
If you are a fan of that popular frozen treat then you too will be a fan of this tasty homemade beverage idea .
This creamy milkshake tastes like a smooth combination of orange and ice cream.
Did you try my recipe fpr Favorite Loaded Sheet Pan Nachos?
That sheet pan nacho recipe is also easy to make and is a nice idea when feeding a small crowd.
This orange milkshake would go nice with those yummy nachos!
Serving this beverage with a straw is a nice idea. You can find a good selecion of Orange Straws here.
People ask what are orange creamsicles made of.
I suspect that the traditional orange creamsicles are made with a frozen and flavored orange beverage rather than orange juice itself.
There is also some kind of cold dairy-like product added to them.
This beverage recipe is made with ingredients that you probably are familiar with.
We are also adding orange juice concentrate to this recipe.
Using a real source of orange juice rather than an orange beverage is a good idea.
Can we mix orange with milk in an orange milkshake recipe?
Let me start by saying that we are not adding milk to this recipe.
This is mostly because we are making a milkshake and we need it to be thick and cold.
However, we are using milk-like ingredients.
Like most milkshakes, we are adding vanilla ice cream.
Also added for texture is heavy cream.
Tips for making a milkshake.
Using fresh squeezed orange juice can make this also into a tasty beverage.
You may need to adjust the other ingredients for taste.
More tips for you.
- For ideal milkshake results, you will need to place this into the freezer before serving. However, if you want an orange beverage that is not quite a shake consistency, you can serve this as is.
- Transfer this to a loaf pan and freeze. The result will more like an ice cream.
- Make this skinny by using unsweetened nut milk, sugar free ice cream and a sugar alternative instead of the regular version of listed ingredients.
Personalize this orange milkshake.
This is a tasty treat just the way it is.
However, you can take it up a notch.
Try one of these ideas!
- Serve this over a scoop of ice cream for a dessert treat.
- Make this boozy by adding a bit of vodka or your favorite add in.
- Add fresh fruit or your favorite smoothie ingredients.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
About this frozen orange treat.
This is a homemade version of a milkshake with a creamsicle theme.
The flavor of this shake is like a combination of orange and ice cream as well as a few other ingredients.
To make this recipe you will need a blender.
If you want to get the thick consistency of a milkshake you will need to freeze the mixture before serving.
However, if you prefer to serve this as a beverage, cut back on the freeze time or omit it.
Ingredients needed to make this milkshake.
- Heavy Cream- 2 cups.
- Sugar- 1 cup.
- Vanilla Extract - 1 teaspoon.
- Also, Vanilla Bean Ice Cream - 2 ½ cups.
- Orange Juice Concentrate- 12 ounces (1 ½ cups).
How to make this Orange Creamsicle Shake
This makes 48 ounces or six cups.
Step One: prepare your ingredients.
Gather your ingredients. Make sure that you blender pitcher is clean and dry.
Step Two: blend the ingredients.
In a blender, combine the the sugar, cream and vanilla. Give the blender a couple of quick pulses
Next, add the ice cream and orange juice concentrate to the blender and then blend until the beverage is smooth.
Place the pitcher in the freezer until it reaches a good consistency (about 45 minutes or so).
Step Three: serve.
Tip: freeze your glass to make this even fun!
Serve the milkshakes with a straw and garnish with a slice of an orange.
Orange Creamsicle Shake, a delicious homemade orange milk shake inspired by the frozen popular dessert idea.
Orange Creamsicle Shake,
- In a blender, combine the the sugar, cream and vanilla. Give the blender a couple of quick pulses, Next, add the ice cream and orange juice concentrate to the blender and then blend until the beverage is smooth.Place the pitcher in the freezer until it reaches a good consistency (about 45 minutes or so).
- Serve the milkshakes with a straw and garnish with a slice of an orange.
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See diyandfun.com for details on this recipe.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!