2 Ingredient Chocolate Magic Shell is especially perfect on top of ice cream.
I like that this recipe is so easy to make as well!
Chocolate Magic Shell is probably the perfect topping for desserts.
Not only this shell topping tasty, it also add the perfect crunch to an ice cream dessert.
Chocolate magic shell tastes like a sweet and chocolaty delight that is also crunchy like a candy bar.
Did you try my recipe for No Churn Rocky Road Ice Cream ?
That no churn ice cream recipe is also easy to make. Also, it would certainly taste good with a bit of magic shell on top of it!
To make this recipe you will need refined coconut oil. You can find refined coconut oil here.
Magic shell is a hard shell made out of chocolate.
It is especially popular served with ice cream.
Magic shell tastes like a chocolate bar.
However, when the crunchy chocolaty shell is the perfect topping for lusciously cold ice cream.
It is really a simple process to get the chocolate to the perfect texture.
The fat from the coconut oil and the milk chocolate react perfectly together to result in the hard and glossy crunchy shell.
When the chocolate and the coconut oil are melted, the fat makes the texture a perfect liquid for pouring or dipping. If you just melted chocolate, you would get a bunch of lumps that would not pour well.
Tips for making chocolate shell for desserts.
Semisweet chocolate works best in this shell recipe. This is because it has the perfect ratio of chocolate to fat to make a good shell.
More tips for you
- The chocolate can be melted in the method that you prefer to use. However, I find that it is easiest to melt the chocolate using the microwave method.
- While the melted chocolate smells so yummy when first made, it is a good idea to allow it to cool before placing it on top of something cold such as ice cream. If the chocolate is too warm it can melt the ice cream.
- Make sure that you do not add anything else other than the chocolate and coconut oil when you make this. Ingredients such as water can ruin your magic shell.
Personalize your chocolate magic shell.
Magic shell is perfect just the way it is.
I mean, it is easy to make and tastes amazing.
Here is how to make your magic shell even better.
- Add a half to full teaspoon of extract, such as mint extract, to give it flavor.
- Sprinkle chopped nut or candy sprinkles on top of the shell.
- Use white chocolate chips instead of the usual ones.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
About chocolate magic shell.
Chocolate magic shell is the crunchy shell that goes on top of desserts such as ice cream.
This shell is what helps to keep the ice cream in place which is especially for ice cream bars.
The basic recipe for magic shell only has two ingredients.
The ingredients are heated in order to get to a liquid state for pouring or dipping into.
Then, the ingredients become hard again thanks to air (especially cooler air).
Ingredients needed to make magic shell.
- Milk Chocolate Chips. You can find sugar free milk chocolate chips here to make this a sugar free chocolate shell.
- Refined Coconut Oil
- Optional ingredients include extract, chopped nuts, or even candy sprinkles .
How to make 2 Ingredient Chocolate Magic Shell
This Magic Shell makes 2 cups.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 3 minutes
Step One: melt the chocolate.
Place your ingredients in a medium sized microwave safe bowl.
Microwave the ingredients on high, stopping to stir every 30 seconds, until the ingredients are melted together. This should take about a minute and a half or less total.
Step Two: allow the ingredients to cool a bit.
Since we do not want the ice cream to melt, it is a good idea to allow the shell ingredients to cool slightly. Allow the ingredients to cool for fifteen to 20 minutes, stirring every five minutes.
Step Three: use the shell.
When the shell has cooled and yet, is still in liquid form, you can pour it over your ice cream (or whatever). Allow the shell to harden (less than a minute..). Enjoy.
You can store any leftovers in jar or airtight container at room temperature.
2 Ingredient Chocolate Magic Shell, a simple recipe for making a chocolate topping that quickly hardens. Includes sugar free option.
2 Ingredient Chocolate Magic Shell
- Place your ingredients in a medium sized microwave safe bowl. Microwave the ingredients on high, stopping to stir every 30 seconds, until the ingredients are melted together.
- Allow the ingredients to cool for fifteen to 20 minutes, stirring every five minutes.
- When the shell has cooled and yet, is still in liquid form, you can pour it over your ice cream (or whatever). Allow the shell to harden (less than a minute..).
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See DiyandFun.com for details on this recipe.
originally posted:July 14, 2022
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!
Quick instructions for make magic shell.
- Melt the ingredients.
Place the ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and melt according to the directions. Don't forget to stir as directed.
- Allow the ingredients to cool.
The melted ingredients will need to cool a bit before you use the shell.