25 Healthy School Lunch Ideas that are not the usual sandwich with chips!
I like that this listing includes a pretty much something for everyone.
Healthy School Lunch Ideas that you may have never thought of.
This listing includes everything from vegan to no added sugar recipes.
Most of these lunch ideas are perfect for taking with you to work!
Don't miss my tips on 25 Ways to Make School Lunch Fun !
That article includes ideas and tips that you can follow to make school lunches even better. Many of those tips may work with the recipes listed below!
Packing lunch in a fun lunch box can make eating lunch even better. You can find a variety of popular lunch boxes here.
Just like with other meals, lunch can be healthy when it contains a balance of healthy foods. Fruits, vegetables, and whole grains are part of these healthy foods.
A healthy lunch has healthier foods in it. For example, rather than sugary cookies for dessert a healthy lunch will offer fresh fruit.
Experts tell us that a healthy lunch can make for a better student.
That is, a lunch that contains protein may assist with better physical performance.
Fruit is also beneficial for kids just like it is for adults. This is because fruit contains vitamins, natural sugar for energy, and antioxidants.
Studies show that kids who eat a balanced and healthy meal for lunch tend to do better in school.
Boxed lunch ideas.
Protein Snack Packs filled with hard-boiled eggs, almonds, hummus, and crunchy veggies. An easy and delicious lunchtime meal-prep solution perfect for any protein lover, these fantastic little protein snack packs are perfect for school lunches, post-workout snacks, or picnics in the park.
Keto Low Carb Vegetable Wraps, a simple and delicious healthy recipe for veggie wraps that are perfect for lunch or dinner.
This healthy and easy NO COOK Chicken Taco salad in a jar is quick to put together and uses canned chicken breast so it requires no cooking. It's Weight Watchers friendly and the perfect, on-the-go ready to eat lunchbox meal for adults and kids!
This easy kids charcuterie board is the ultimate snack hack. Fill it with healthy finger foods for snacks on the go to feed your hungry tribe.
These veg-packed tuna pinwheels are perfect for school lunchboxes! They're made with canned tuna, canned chickpeas, cucumber, peppers, tomatoes and cream cheese, all rolled up in a tasty tortilla wrap and cut into bite size slices
Surprise your kiddos with this potato quesadilla that looks like a bear
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
Sandwiches and Wraps.
Crispy, compact and full of flavor, these mini pizza muffins are super simple to make and perfect for a healthy breakfast, lunchbox treats or snacking on the run!
Easy Teriyaki Tofu Lettuce Wraps, a Delicious vegan and gluten-free diet tofu recipe that is also high in protein.
An easy and delicious plant-based sandwich to brighten up your weekday lunches. You can also use the filling for wraps, panini, or as a dip for crackers. So versatile and so tasty!
These eggless salad tea sandwiches are fun for kid's lunches and tea parties alike, because they're completely customizable based on what kiddos are into
Make the halloumi wraps that everyone loves - kids and foodies included!With halloumi cheese, red pesto (store-bought is fine), avocado and walnuts these wraps are packed with flavor, done in 20 minutes and super easy to make.
This Mediterranean keto collard green wraps recipe is a delicious way to eat your veggies! It takes just 15 minutes and 7 ingredients to make vegan collard wraps. Paleo and whole30, too.
You will love this healthy twist to the classic egg salad with the addition of avocados. Avocado egg salad sandwich is convenient, fast and easy way to eat a healthy breakfast!
Muffins and bars!
- 14.Almond Flour Banana Muffins. These delicious almond flour banana muffins are paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar free. T
- 15. Pear Muffins. These pear muffins are light, moist and delicious.
- 16. Healthy Chocolate Chip Muffins. Healthy Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe made with whole wheat (or spelt) flour, no refined sugar and greek yogurt are healthy bakery style muffins with lots of mini chocolate chips.
- 17. Vegan Chocolate Granola Bars. Vegan Chocolate Granola Bars, a simple no bake recipe for granola bars perfect for snacking on or desserts.
- 18. No Added Sugar Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars. Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars, a delicious snack or dessert recipe made with oats and no added sugar.
- 19.Banana Oatmeal Bars. Healthy Banana Oatmeal Bars are made with ripe bananas, oats, dates, and all the delicious add-ins you like in your morning bowl of oats!
- 20. Homemade Trail Mix Bars. These vegan homemade trail mix bars are great for athletes on the go, as a pre or post workout snack. Made with oats, maple syrup, peanut butter and nuts, raisins, and hemp seeds.
Cookies and Truffle Balls.
- 21. No Bake Peanut Butter and Oatmeal. Whole oats mixed with peanut butter and sweetened with honey.
- 22. Nut Free Chocolate Bliss. Satisfy your sweet cravings with these delicious vegan Nut-Free Chocolate Bliss Balls
- 23.4-ingredient banana oatmeal cookies. These easy 4-ingredient banana oatmeal cookies are so quick to make as a kid-friendly snack, lunch, or dessert!
- 24.Vegan Oatmeal and Apple Cookies. Vegan Oatmeal and Apple Cookies, a delicious fall inspired cookie made with healthier ingredients. Low Sugar Option.
- 25 .3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies. No added sugar in this award winning tasty cookie recipe made with peanut butter!
25 Healthy School Lunch Ideas, an extensive listing of school and work packable food ideas. Includes vegan, low carb, and no added sugar.