Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Cookies are such a nice alternative to the usual chocolate chips cookie recipe.
I like the extra chocolaty flavor that comes from the chocolate chunks as well!
Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Cookies
This is a chocolate chip cookie recipe that also feature chocolate chunks and hazlenuts.
There really is so much flavor in this tasty cookie recipe idea!
Have you tried my Monster M & M Candy Cookie recipe ?
That cookie recipe features the popular M & M candy baked in a extra large cookie!
This recipe for chocolate chips and hazelnut cookies would go great next to those monster cookies on a cookie tray for a gathering or party!
This recipe calls for chopped hazelnuts which may be hard to find. You can find an assortment of chopped (and not chopped) hazelnuts here.
People ask what are the benefits of eating hazelnuts.
For the purposes of this cookie, the hazelnuts add a special crunch.
Because of their buttery-sweet flavor, hazelnuts are a perfect pair with chocolate in cookie recipe such as this one.
Here is what you may not know about hazelnuts.
Hazelnuts are an excellent source of manganese, Vitamin E, and thiamine along with being a good source of fiber. Experts say that hazelnuts may also help in regulating blood pressure and blood sugar.
You may be wondering can you buy chocolate chunks.
These cookies will work fine using chocolate chips of any size or chocolate chunks.
I have decided to use both chocolate chips and chocolate chunks.
Chocolate chunks work great in a cookie like this one.
Using two kinds of chocolate along with the chopped hazelnuts makes these cookies look more impressive and..well... more tasty too.
There is a kind of a surprise involved when you bite into a cookie expecting maybe a burst of chocolate and getting a large chocolate chunk.
Tips for making these chocolate chip hazelnut cookies.
Dark chocolate chips and chunk are even better in this recipe than the usual chocolate.
This is because dark chocolate has a more intense chocolate taste which also goes nicely with the hazlenuts.
More tips for you
- Use fresh ingredients to make your cookies for best results. This is especially true for the baking soda that is in this recipe.
- This is a cookie dough that will benefit from being refrigerated before baking. Doing so will help keep the cookies from spreading while baking.
- Bake these cookies for no more than 14 minutes even though they may seem to be soft in the center. Then allow them to get hard on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack.
Personalize your cookies with these ideas.
These cookies are great just the way the are.
However, there are some ways that you can make them even better!
Try one of these ideas.
- Add white chocolate chips or chunks to the mix.
- Sub in ½ cup of oats for ½ cup of flour for a more chewy cookie.
- Add toffee bits to the cookies for even more flavor!
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
About these chewy chocolate chip hazelnut cookies.
This is a tasty cookie recipe that features the great taste of hazelnuts with chocolate.
The chocolate comes from both chunks and chips.
There are many ways to make these cookies even better, as I mentioned above.
These cookies should be stored in an airtight container.
If properly stored, they should keep for a few days at room temperature or longer if refrigerated.
Ingredients needed to make dark chocolate chip hazelnut cookies
- All Purpose Flour- 1 ½ cups.
- Baking Soda- 1 teaspoon.
- Butter- 10 tablespoons, melted.
- Granulated Sugar -1 cup.
- Egg 1- large
- Vanilla Extract- 1 teaspoon, pure preferred.
- Chocolate- 1 cup total. Chocolate chips, large chocolate chips, Grand Chocolate Chips, and chocolate chunks. Dark chocolate works nicely too in this cookie recipe.
- Chopped Hazelnuts - ½ cup.
How to make Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Cookies
Step One: Prepare the dough.
In a medium mixing bowl, use a fork or a whisk to combine the flour and the baking soda.
Then in a mixing bowl, beat together the melted butter with the sugar until smooth.
Next, beat in the eggs with the vanilla and then add the dry ingredients from the first bowl and mix until just combined. Lastly, fold in the chocolate and the hazelnuts.
Refrigerate the cookie dough for at least 30 minutes loosely covered with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap.
Step Two: Bake the cookies.
Preheat the oven to 350 and prep two baking sheets for nonstick. I use parchment paper.
Scoop out tablespoon sized cookie dough and place them onto the prepped sheets, about two inches apart from one another.
Step Three: Bake the cookies.
Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes, or until the edges turn golden brown.
Allow the cookies to remain on the baking sheets cool to room temperature (they will harden as they cool).
Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Cookies, A tasty homemade cookie recipe featuring chocolate chips and chunks with hazelnuts.
Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Cookies
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a fork or a whisk to combine the flour and the baking soda. Then in a mixing bowl, beat together the melted butter with the sugar until smooth. Next, beat in the eggs with the vanilla and then add the dry ingredients from the first bowl and mix until just combined. Lastly, fold in the chocolate and the hazelnuts. Refrigerate the cookie dough for at least 30 minutes loosely covered with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap.
- Preheat the oven to 350 and prep two baking sheets for nonstick. I use parchment paper.Scoop out tablespoon sized cookie dough and place them onto the prepped sheets, about two inches apart from one another. Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes, or until the edges turn golden brown. Allow the cookies to remain on the baking sheets cool to room temperature (they will harden as they cool).
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!