(warning, jumping to recipe can result in missing important information including alternative ingredients and tips. Also, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases made via the links on this website.)
How to Make a Graham Cracker Pie Crust, is essential especially for holiday baking.
I like that this pie crust recipe can be made at home using simple ingredients.
How to Make a Graham Cracker Pie Crust,
This is a basic recipe for a pie crust that can be easily made at home.
You can use this pie crust to make your favorite homemade pies including pumpkin pies and cheesecakes.
Did you try my recipe for Easy Peanut Butter Cheesecake bars?
In that recipe I mention that you can use a pie crust to make that recipe into a peanut butter pie.
This pie crust would work great with the peanut butter cheesecake inside of it!
To make this recipe you will need a 9" pie pan. You can find a good selection of pie pans here (including disposable).
People sometimes ask what is a graham cracker pie crust.
Honestly, a graham cracker pie crust is a pie crust made with graham crackers.
Think of the graham crackers as a simple hack.
Using graham crackers is a simple way to make an easy pie crust.
This is because the graham crackers already have most of the basic ingredients in them.
Graham crackers have the flavor and texture that is needed to make a pie crust.
You may be asking can I substitute graham cracker pie crust for pie crust.
Substituting a graham cracker crust for a regular crust really depends on the kind of pie that you are making.
This is because a graham cracker crust is sweet, thanks to the sugar and molasses influence of the graham crackers.
A graham cracker crust will usually work in a dessert pie.
You can also use the graham cracker crust in making many cheesecakes such as the non-baked kind.
However, I would not suggest using a graham cracker crust to make something more savory such as a quiche.
Tips for making a good crust.
If you are making a crust for a no-bake dessert, use six tablespoons of butter.
More tips for you
- Adding a bit (½-1 teaspoon) of extract can give this crust an added flavor. I like vanilla extract or maple syrup extract.
- This crust recipe can be used as a crust in a bar recipe using a 13 X 9" pan. Simply double the recipe ingredients to do so.
- Another option is to use this pie crust in a springform pan. Depending on the size of the pan, you may need to double the ingredients.
Personalize this easy recipe.
This pie crust is great just the way it is.
I really like knowing what ingredient are going into what I bake.
Here are some ways to make your pie crust even better.
- Use vanilla wafers in addition to or instead of the graham crackers.
- Chocolate graham crackers can make this into a chocolate crust.
- Sandwich cookies can be used in place of the sugar and graham crackers.
- Top the completed crust with melted chocolate before adding cold ingredients such as ice cream.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
Make this a graham cracker pie crust no bake or baked.
Baking the crust is one way to set the ingredients in place.
The ingredients need to be set in order to hold the rest of the pie in place.
Here is how to make this into a no bake crust.
Make the pie crust as indicated below, using the ingredients and all of the steps except for the last one which calls for baking. Instead of baking your crust, place it into the refrigerator for at least an hour to set!
Ingredients needed to make this recipe.
- Graham Cracker Crumbs- 1 ½ cups (about 10 full sized crackers, you can use a food processor to crush them).
- Butter- 5-6 tablespoons salted butter, five tablespoons for a baked dessert.
- Sugar- ¼ cup.
How to Make this recipe.
Step One: Prepare the ingredients.
I like to first prep my 9" pie pan for nonstick by gently spraying it.
If your butter is not melted, you should melt it.
Lastly, crush your graham crackers using a food processor or zip top bag with a rolling pin.
Step Two: Make the crust.
In a large mixing bowl, combine together the graham cracker crumbs and sugar using a fork. Then pour the melted butter over the mixture and incorporate the butter into it.
Next, transfer the mixture from the mixing bowl to the pie pan, evenly distributing it as much as possible with your hands or the back of a spoon. You can also use the bottom of a cup to help press the mixture into place.
Step Three: Set the crust.
For a chilled crust- place the crust into the refrigerator for at least and hour.
For a baked crust- bake in a 375-degree oven for 20 minutes.
How to Make a Graham Cracker Pie Crust,
- If your butter is not melted, you should melt it. Lastly, crush your graham crackers using a food processor or zip top bag with a rolling pin. In a large mixing bowl, combine together the graham cracker crumbs and sugar using a fork. Then pour the melted butter over the mixture and incorporate the butter into it. Next, transfer the mixture from the mixing bowl to the pie pan, evenly distributing it as much as possible with your hands or the back of a spoon.
- For a chilled crust- place the crust into the refrigerator for at least and hour. For a baked crust- bake in a 375-degree oven for 20 minutes.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!