At last, I have found a great tasting Copycat 'Chipotle 'Guacamole Recipe!
Even better, this recipe is simple to make!
Copycat 'Chipotle 'Guacamole Recipe
Chipotle guacamole is famous for both being both fresh and tasty..
I like how good this guacamole tastes with simple chips dipped into it!
Did you try my recipe for Crazy Mango Margaritas?
That margarita recipe would certainly go nicely when served with this guacamole recipe.
All you would need is a bag of tortilla chips to go with it!
This guacamole recipe would look especially nice when served with nice looking chip and dip serving set. You can find some affordable chip and dip serving sets here.
This recipe is for anyone asking is guacamole just smashed avocado.
The quick answer to this question is no, avocado is not just smashed avocado.
While guacamole is made with mashed avocado, there are indeed other ingredients.
Most guacamole recipes are made with similar ingredients.
The easiest guacamole will be made with avocado with a bit of salt.
Sometimes, there will be a bit of chopped onions added to the guacamole.
Someone once asked me what is the benefit of avocado.
Let me first start by stating that while avocados are amazing to eat as is, there are many ways to eat an avocado. Certainly, combining avocados with other ingredients to make a great tasting guacamole is just one way to enjoy them
However, there are some health benefits to eating avocados.
Avocados are a decent source of fiber as well as potassium, and Vitamins K and C.
Even better, avocados are loaded with what the experts call the 'heart healthy fat'.
Here are tips for making a great tasting simple guacamole.
My biggest tip is to use avocados that are very ripe. This is because the more rip an avocado is, the easier it is to mash to a good dipping consistency.
Here are some more helpful tips.
- Yes, you can make this into a chunky guacamole. Simple leave part of the avocadoes out of the mashing bowl and slice it into chunks (or you can just add sliced avocado chunks from another avocado). You can simply fold the chunks in before serving.
- Guacamole is really best when served fresh. I suggest serving your guacamole soon after preparing it.
- Using fresh ingredients is also important. I am referring to everything else that you add to the mixing bowl with the avocados.
How to make guacamole even better.
Sure, this copycat version of a famous guacamole is really good. However, if you want to take your guac up a notch, personalize it too!
- Stir in some chopped tomatoes, salsa, or pico de gallo.
- Sometimes, I will add some Greek yogurt, ranch dressing, or tzatziki.
- Seasonings are the easiest way to personalize your guacamole. Taco seasonings, Mediterranean diet seasonings, or even 'bacon salt' seasoning are tasty ideas.
- Add some crunchy elements such as chopped walnuts, celery, or maybe pine nuts.
Everyone asks, how do you keep guacamole from turning brown.
Avocados naturally turn brown when they are exposed to air.
The good news is that turning brown does not necessarily mean that the guacamole has gone bad or does not taste good.
To prevent your guacamole from turning brown, serve it as soon as possible.
However, adding citrus juice, such as lemon or lime juice, can help slow down the browning process. Also, storing the guacamole in an airtight container, such as in a guacamole container, in the refrigerator is also a good idea.
You may also be interested in these articles.
- Tasty Sweet Potato Pie Bars
- Easy Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars
- Crescent Dough Pumpkin Pie Twists
- Easy Fall Snack Mix
- How to Make a Origami Frankenstein Bag
Ingredients need to make this Guacamole Recipe
- Avocados- 5, Hass preferred.
- Cilantro- ½ cup, leaves preferred, washed.
- Limes- 2 (¼ cup of juice).
- Onion- ½ purple onion chopped (about a half cup depending on the size of your onion).
- Jalapeno- depending on how much enjoy this. Suggested amount would be one that has the seeds removed and is sliced.
- Garlic- 2 cloves minced, that is about two teaspoons.
How to make copycat Chipotle Guacamole.
Step 1. Prepare your avocados by slicing them in half, removing the pit and skin, and then slicing the avocado into 1-2" chunks. Place the avocado chunks into a mixing bowl.
Step 2. In a food processor or blender, combine together the remaining ingredients (not the avocado though). Process or blend until the ingredients are liquid consistency.
Step 3. Add the blended or processed ingredients from the last step to the mixing bowl with the avocado and blend to your desired consistency. Season as desired and serve.
Copycat 'Chipotle 'Guacamole Recipe
- 4 Avocados
- ½ cup Cilantro
- ¼ cup Lime Juice
- ½ cup Onion -chopped
- 2 Garlic -minced
- Seasonings and Jalapeno as desired
- Prepare your avocados by slicing them in half, removing the pit and skin, and then slicing the avocado into 1-2" chunks. Place the avocado chunks into a mixing bowl.
- In a food processor or blender, combine together the remaining ingredients (not the avocado though). Process or blend until the ingredients are liquid consistency.
- Add the blended or processed ingredients from the last step to the mixing bowl with the avocado and blend to your desired consistency. Season as desired and serve.