DIY Backyard Glamping is a fun way to enjoy being outside.
I like how easy it is to bring both 'glam' and camping to my own yard!
DIY Backyard Glamping
Backyard glamping is a more simple way to enjoy camping.
Not only do you get to stay home, you still get to camp outdoors in style!
Did you read about these Fun Camping Activities that Kids Like?
That article is filled with fun activities for both kids and adults.
Many of those activities would work well in a backyard as well!
Glamping includes sleeping in a tent that is nicer than your usual camping tent. You can find a variety of glamping tents here.
People often ask what is glamping.
Glamping is a combination of the words 'Glam' or 'Glamorous' and Camping.
It is somewhat a mystery of where the term originated from however, there is enough need for the term to keep it going.
You can think of glamping as upscale camping.
Glamping is often done in a tent that is may be more permanent and spacious.
Also, glamping my include something nicer than a sleeping bag on the ground to sleep on.
So what is the difference between 'glamping' and camping?
What they have in common is spending time outside and not in your own home.
Glamping and camping usually also include eating and participating in activities outside.
Here is what glamping and camping do not have in common.
Camping is usually a minimalistic activity that is not necessarily known for comfort. Glamping on the other hand, is really about the comfort and not giving up certain amenities such as a mattress or nearby plumbing.
Tips for getting started with glamping.
Start small to see if glamping is really your thing. A backyard is the perfect place to do so as you will still be close to home yet, still sleeping close to the stars.
More tips for you
- Start with a basic glamping tent. If this is something that you really like you can work up to a tent with a frame that is more sturdy.
- Bring a bit of home with you to your tent. That can include items that can make this transition easier for you such as your pillow, blanket, or even furniture like a chair.
- Glamping is the one kind of camping where you can still light up your backyard with lights such as string lights, use a fire pit for barbecuing, and still run inside for a bathroom run.
Here are some creative ways to glamp in your own backyard.
Backyard Glamping can be a one time thing or something that you can do often.
It can also be a way to test things out to see if you are ready to glamp somewhere else.>p>
Here are some fun backyard glamping ideas.
- A backyard party or gathering that uses a glamping tent while not necessarily for sleeping in.
- Host sleepover especially for kids to have fun.
- Your own relaxation area for resting or reading.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
How to get started glamping.
Look for a spot in your backyard that will work for this especially when it comes to space that is needed. The location should be flat if possible to make it easier to host your glamping tent.
Then set up your glamping tent using the provided instructions.
Some tents may require that you use a tarp or posts for example. If you start small, you can probably use a glamping tent that is just a really nice tent.
How to set the mood for your glamping tent.
Glamping is really about 'upscale camping'. This means filling your tent with items beyond the basic sleeping bags.
Here are some items that you can place in your tent to glamp it up.
- A mattress- even if it is an air mattress. A proper glamping bed will have sheets and a blanket on it.
- Pillows- whether it is your regular sleeping pillow or something decorative. The point is that your head will not be on the ground while you sleep.
- Some kind of a rug, such as an outdoor rug.
- Lighting, even if it is outdoor string lights.
- Small touches from your home such as flowers, a chair, or even a pet bed for your dog.
How to make Glamping fun.
Include some regular camping activities.
- Go for a 'nature' hike around your neighborhood.
- Roast marshmallows over your grill or firepit.
- Sing songs and tell stories around the fire.
- Watch the stars.
Include activities that you do not normally do when camping elsewhere.
- Make an outdoor theater to watch movies
- Invite friends over for a barbecue.
- Bake something yummy inside and bring it outside to eat.
- Set up a pool in your yard.
- Look at the sky using a telescope.
How to bring the indoors outdoors for glamping.
Bringing the indoors outdoors is an important part to glamping.
Remember, glamping is really an upscale version of camping.
Here are more ways to bring the indoors outdoors for backyard glamping.
- Bring a table and chairs outside that may be nicer than what you already have outside already.
- Set the table with non-disposable plates, linens, and real flatware.
- Use a small table as a side table or work table.
- Order in a meal from a restaurant- even if it is just pizza.
- Set an ambience, even if it is romantic.