(warning, jumping to recipe can result in missing important information including alternative ingredients and tips. Also, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases made via the links on this website.)
I love how fun these Easy Unicorn Cheesecake Bars are!
Even better, these unicorn bars taste really good too!!
Easy Unicorn Cheesecake Bars
A simple, yet colorful, dessert recipe.
I think of these unicorn bars are a colorful dessert that everyone seems to enjoy eating!
Did you try my recipe for Monster M&M cookies?
That cookie is another colorful dessert or snack recipe that people really seem to like.
This recipe however, is really a colorful cheesecake bar rather than a cookie!
The colorful appearance in these cheesecake bars is made using Gel Food Coloring rather than the usual food coloring. Gel Food Coloring makes for a more vibrant color that you cannot get with basic food coloring.
Someone once asked me what does a unicorn eat.
Obviously, a unicorn is something that we have yet to see in real life.
But, if we were to meet up with a unicorn, it would probably look like a horse with a 'uni-corn', or horn, on the top of its head.
However, many of us would agree that unicorns are colorful.
And as a result of being colorful, unicorns like colorful food.
As a result, we have colorful unicorn cheesecake bars that we can share with unicorns (roll with it...).
I am sure that there is someone wondering what do you serve at a unicorn party.
I get this because colorful unicorn anything kind of makes us feel happy on the inside.
Perhaps, having a happy unicorn party can be a good idea for so many of us. 🙂
Here are some ideas for what to serve at a unicorn themed party of event.
- These unicorn cheesecake bars of course.
- Unicorn "Barf" Candy (this is real.)
- Or, Unicorn Slime.
- Unicorn Pudding.
- Popcorn for unicorns.
- Unicorn Poop (who knew?)
- And, Unicorn Mac and Cheese.
Here are some tips for making unusual cheesecake recipes.
I mentioned above that this recipe calls for using Gel Food Coloring rather than the usual food coloring. Gel food coloring comes in many vibrant colors that are essential for making about anything unicorn colorful!
Here are some more helpful tips for you.
- This recipe calls for making a simple graham cracker crust. Feel free to use a premade crust instead or your choice of a similar crust that may work in this recipe as well.
- Make this a keto, low carb, sugar free recipe. Simply use a sugar free/keto crust and sub in your choice of sugar alternative for the sugar in this recipe.
- I always like to line a baking dish with parchment paper that overhangs the sides of the dish. This allows for easy transfer of the cooled bars for cutting, as well as for an easier clean up!
How to store cheesecake bars.
If you have leftover cheesecake bars, you can store them in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to a week. However, you can also freeze these bars.
Here are some recipes that you may also be interested in.
Be sure to follow DIYandFUN on Facebook and on Pinterest.
I also have a weekly newsletter that you can subscribe to.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
Ingredients Needed to Make Unicorn Cheesecake Bars
- Crust (store bought or using recipe below).
- Cream Cheese- 2 eight ounce bars. The cream cheese should be softened to room temperature.
- Sugar- ½ cup.
- Sour Cream- ¼ cup.
- Vanilla Extract- 2 teaspoons.
- Medium Bowls (one for each color you choose to use)
- Gel Food Coloring, colors as desired.
How to make a homemade do it yourself graham cracker crust.
You will need: 1 cup graham cracker crumbs or cookies such as vanilla wafers, 2 Tablespoons sugar and ¼ cup melted butter. Also, prep a baking dish with parchment paper that overhangs the sides of the dish and then is sprayed with nonstick spray.
How to make the crust.
Crush graham crackers if not already crushed. Place the crushed crackers with the melted butter in a mixing bowl along with the other ingredients. Mix them (hands work best) until they are able to bind together. Then press the mixture into a prepared baking dish and set aside.
How to make Easy Unicorn Cheesecake Bars.
1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth then add in sugar and sour cream and beat until smooth. Next, add the eggs one at a time, beating after each and then add the vanilla extract and beat until incorporated.
2. Separate the batter into medium sized bowls and dye them using gel colors. Add a different color of gel coloring to each bowl and mix until blended.
3. Spoon cheesecake batter from each medium bowl on top of crust. Be sure to keep the colors separated so that they do not bleed into one another. Smooth each color with the back of a spatula or spoon (one for each color).
4. Bake for 35-40 min, or until center is set and edges are just beginning to brown.
Remove the bars from the oven and let cool completely before placing in fridge.
Chill for a minimum of 2 hours in the refrigerator before slicing and serving.
You may also be interested in these ideas.
Easy Unicorn Cheesecake Bars
- 1 Crust -see post for details and recipe
- 16 oz Cream Cheese - softened to room temperature
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
- Gel Food Coloring
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth then add in sugar and sour cream and beat until smooth. Next, add the eggs one at a time, beating after each and then add the vanilla extract and beat until incorporated.
- Separate the batter into medium sized bowls and dye them using gel colors. Add a different color of gel coloring to each bowl and mix until blended.
- Spoon cheesecake batter from each medium bowl on top of crust. Be sure to keep the colors separated so that they do not bleed into one another. Smooth each color with the back of a spatula or spoon (one for each color).
- Bake for 35-40 min, or until center is set and edges are just beginning to brown. Remove the bars from the oven and let cool completely before placing in fridge. Chill for a minimum of 2 hours in the refrigerator before slicing and serving.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!