Frosted Gingerbread Cupcakes are a classic holiday flavor.
I like how tasty these cupcakes are with that classic holiday gingerbread flavor.
Frosted Gingerbread Cupcakes
This is a tasty cupcake dessert that is flavored like gingerbread.
Even better, these cupcakes are topping with a tasting frosting!
Have you tried my my Soft and Chewy Gingerbread Cookie recipe?
That cookie recipe is for a classic holiday cookie that is soft and chewy instead of the usual hard and crispy.
Both this recipe for cupcakes and that recipe for gingerbread cookies would go nice together on a holiday dessert table.
You can make these cupcakes even more in the holiday spirit. Simply bake them in using holiday cupcake liners!
People like to as me what is gingerbread.
Gingerbread is an idea that seems to be synonymous with Christmas and the holiday season.
We see gingerbread cookies, cakes, and even bread.
There are many interpretations of what 'gingerbread' actually is.
However, there is something that the "gingerbread" recipes do have in common.
That is that flavor of ginger.
You may be wondering what makes these easy gingerbread cupcakes so good.
This is a moist cupcake with a great holiday inspired flavor.
It really is not the usual chocolate or vanilla cupcake.
Even better, this cupcake is topped with a homemade frosting.
The frosting is a cream cheese frosting with a bit of maple syrup added to it.
A gingerbread cupcake with maple syrup cream cheese frosting makes for a great tasting holiday dessert!
Tips for making cupcakes.
It is essential that you use fresh ingredients for the success of these cupcakes.
This is especially true with the dry ingredients.
More tips for you
- If you are not a fan of the frosting, feel free to use the frosting of your choice or simply no frosting at all.
- Not a fan of cupcakes? You can bake this as a cake, although you may need to adjust the baking time.
- Add some dried cranberries or raisins to the batter or the tops of the cupcakes to make them even more festive.
Personalize your cupcakes.
These gingerbread cupcakes are great just the way they are.
However, you can take them up a notch too.
Try one of these ideas.
- Adding chopped walnuts or pecan to the batter can give these cupcakes an added texture.
- Top these cupcakes with edible holiday toppings.
- Box the cupcakes up in cupcake boxes to share with others.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
How to make maple cream cheese frosting.
Once the cupcakes are done baking and cooling you can frost them.
This frosting recipe is a simple yet, tasting frosting idea for these cupcakes.
Simply beat on high the following ingredients until light and fluffy.
- Butter- 1 stick, unsalted and softened to room temperature.
- Maple Syrup- 1 tablespoon.
- Cream Cheese- 8 ounce brick, softened to room temperature.
- Powdered Sugar- 1-2 tablespoons or as needed for consistency.
Ingredients needed to make gingerbread cupcakes.
- All Purpose Flour- 1 ⅓ cup.
- Baking Powder- ½ teaspoon.
- And, Baking Soda- ½ teaspoon.
- Ground Cinnamon- 1 teaspoon.
- Also,Ground Ginger- ½ teaspoon.
- Ground Nutmeg- ½ teaspoon.
- Allspice- ½ teaspoon.
- Butter- ½ cup.
- Brown Sugar- ½ cup, packed.
- Molasses- ⅓ cup.
- Water- ½ cup.
How to make Gingerbread Cupcakes
Step One: prepare.
Preheat the oven to 350.
Prep the cupcake pan for nonstick.
Step Two: make the batter.
In a medium bowl, use a fork or a whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ground ginger, ground nutmeg, and allspice.
Next, in a mixing bowl, beat together the butter and the brown sugar until creamy. Then beat in the molasses and egg.
Add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and the water and mix until just combined.
Step Three: bake the cupcakes.
Fill the prepared cupcake liners ⅔ full with the batter. Bake the cupcakes for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean, checking around the 15 minutes.
Lastly, allow the cupcakes to cool completely before you frost them.
Frosted Gingerbread Cupcakes, a classic Christmas holiday baked cupcake dessert idea with a tasty frosting on top!
Frosted Gingerbread Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350.Prep the cupcake pan for nonstick. In a medium bowl, use a fork or a whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ground ginger, ground nutmeg, and allspice.
- Next, in a mixing bowl, beat together the butter and the brown sugar until creamy. Then beat in the molasses and egg. Add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and the water and mix until just combined. Fill the prepared cupcake liners ⅔ full with the batter. Bake the cupcakes for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean, checking around the 15 minutes. Lastly, allow the cupcakes to cool completely before you frost them.
originally posted:December 14, 2021
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!