(warning, jumping to recipe can result in missing important information including alternative ingredients and tips. Also, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases made via the links on this website.)
How to Make Grape Juice Gummy Bears is something that is easy to do.
I like that these gummies taste that grape candy even though they are made with grape juice.
How to Make Grape Juice Gummy Bears
This is a four ingredient recipe for making such a tasty treat.
You will probably like that these gummies are like a homemade healthy alternative to candy.
Did you see my list for Easy Snacks for Hiking and Camping?
That listing includes many healthy and yummy ideas for snacks and treats.
These gummy bears may also go well on that snack list.
To make these gummy treats you will need a gummy bear mold. You can find a good selection of gummy bear molds here.
This recipe is especially for anyone asking can you use fruit juice to make gummies.
The quick answer is yes. You can use juice, such as grape juice, to make gummies.
Here is why using fruit juice is a simple and easy hack too!
Fruit juice already has the flavor and the color for gummies. It is also a healthy option and fruit juice is made from fruit!
You may be wondering how do you make gummy bears with grape juice?
Well, first you have to get the grape juice. I suggest that you use grape juice that has no added ingredients.
The grape juice will be combined with the other ingredients and the heated.
Once all of the ingredients have been heated, they will be melted together. Then we can transfer the melted ingredients to molds to set.
Tips for making homemade gummy candy.
I mentioned that you should use grape juice that has no other ingredients in it. This is because sometimes fruit juice will have other ingredients, such as sugar, added to it .
More helpful tips for you
- Use a rimmed baking sheet to hold the molds on and place the molds there before filling them. This will both make the molds more sturdy, it will make it easier to transfer the molds if you need to.
- This recipe uses honey to sweeten the gummies. Feel free to use another sweetener of your choice or to use the amount of sweetener that you choose to.
- These gummies should be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated. Freezing the gummies is an idea if you plan on taking them with you.
Personalize homemade gummy bears.
These grape juice gummies are really yummy just as they are.
However, you can take them up a notch.
Try one of these ideas.
- Use another juice instead or with the grape juice. Just make sure that you keep the ingredient amounts the same.
- Place the gummies in a zip top bag with powdered sugar. This will both coat the gummies for flavor and keep them from sticking to one another.
- While these gummies are bears, you can use another kind mold. You can see a variety of gummy molds here. Make sure that you purchase molds with a dropper as this will make your life easier 🙂 .
Be sure to follow DIYandFUN on Facebook and on Pinterest.
I also have a weekly newsletter that you can subscribe to.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
About this recipe for homemade gummy bears.
This is a simple recipe for homemade grape juice gummy candy.
To make this recipe you will need grape juice that has no other ingredients added to it.
This recipe takes about 15 minutes to make and about 20 minutes to cool. It should yield about 200 bears.
Ingredients needed to make Grape Gummy Bears.
- Grape Juice- 1 ½ cups.
- Honey- 3 tablespoons. If you use an alternative sweetener, make sure that it measures like (1:1) ½ cup of sugar.
- Lemon Juice- 1 tablespoon. Fresh lemon juice is preferred.
- Unflavored Powdered Gelatin- 3 tablespoons .
Here is How to Make Grape Juice Gummy Bears
Step One: prepare for the task.
Clean and dry your molds before using them. Place the molds on a rimmed baking sheet(s). Use baking sheets that can fit into a refrigerator.
Step Two: heat the ingredients.
In a sauce pan on medium heat, heat all of the ingredients. Use a whisk continually while the you bring the ingredients to a boil. Once the ingredients begin to boil, remove the sauce pan from the stove and allow the ingredients to cool.
Step Three: fill the molds and set the bears.
To fill the molds, use a dropper. If you molds did not come with a dropper, try using a squeeze bottle.
Carefully transfer the molds into the refrigerator and allow for the bears to set. It should take about 20-25 minutes to fully set. Once fully set you can turn the molds upside down on a cutting board or large plate to pop the gummies out.
How to Make Grape Juice Gummy Bears, a simple four ingredient recipe for making a healthier homemade snack.
How to Make Grape Juice Gummy Bears
- gummy molds
- 1 ½ cups Grape Juice
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp Unflavored Powdered Gelatin
- Place your clean silicon molds on a rimmed baking sheet(s).
- In a sauce pan on medium heat, heat all of the ingredients. Use a whisk continually while the you bring the ingredients to a boil. Once the ingredients begin to boil, remove the sauce pan from the stove and allow the ingredients to cool.
- To fill the molds, use a dropper. If you molds did not come with a dropper, try using a squeeze bottle.Carefully transfer the molds into the refrigerator and allow for the bears to set. It should take about 20-25 minutes to fully set. Once fully set you can turn the molds upside down on a cutting board or large plate to pop the gummies out.
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See DiyandFun.com for details on this recipe.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!