Peppermint White Hot Chocolate is a warm refreshing beverage.
This hot chocolate is especially perfect on on a cold winter day!
Peppermint White Hot Chocolate
This is a copycat version of the popular Starbucks hot chocolate.
However, this white hot chocolate can be enjoyed any time of the year and in your own home!
Have you tried my Copycat Starbucks Gingerbread Latte recipe?
That is another copycat version of a popular beverage.
This recipe however, is not just for the holiday season.
To make this recipe you will need peppermint syrup (not extract). You can find peppermint syrup here.
You may be wondering what is the difference between hot chocolate and white hot chocolate.
Hot chocolate as we know it is a very popular cold weather beverage.
It is usually made with unsweetened cocoa that has sugar added to it.
This recipe however is for white hot chocolate.
There is no added cocoa in this recipe.
Instead, we are using white chocolate chips to make this a white hot chocolate.
I am one of those people who would ask can you get peppermint hot chocolate all year.
If you live in a climate that has warm weather in the summer and cold weather in the winter, you probably may have never even thought about this.
But, hot chocolate seems to disappear when the weather gets warmer.
Warm coffee is about the only warm beverage that is enjoyed year round no matter what the weather is like.
The good news, if you are looking to drink this hot chocolate any time of the year is that you can. This is because you are making it yourself and not purchasing it already made.
Tips for making hot chocolate.
This recipe calls for heavy cream to make it more like the coffee store version.
Feel free to sub in milk or soy milk and make adjustments as needed.
More tips for you
- Make this recipe low sugar by using a lower sugar peppermint syrup and sugar free white baking chips.
- When heating up the ingredients, it is important that you constantly stir. This will ensure that your ingredients are evenly heated and prevent burning.
- Top this beverage with whipped topping. You can also sprinkle some crushed peppermint candy on top.
Personalize this white chocolate drink
This recipe is great just the way it is.
However, you can take it up a notch.
Try one of these ideas!
- Add a drop or two of red food coloring to get that fun pink color.
- Make this boozy by adding Schnapps or your favorite peppermint beverage of choice.
- Refrigerate the beverage and enjoy it cold.
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
About this white hot chocolate recipe.
This hot chocolate recipe does not have cocoa in it.
Instead of cocoa the chocolate come from white chocolate chips.
Peppermint syrup is added to this recipe for flavor.
The dairy that is added to this hot chocolate is both from milk and from heavy cream.
This peppermint hot chocolate is a refreshing beverage especially on a cold winter day!
Ingredients needed to make peppermint hot chocolate.
- Milk- 2 cups. Whole milk works best but, you can use the milk of your choice.
- Heavy Cream- ½ cup. Half and half can be used if you are low carb.
- White Chocolate Chips- ¾ cup. Can use sugar free white chocolate chips.
- Peppermint syrup- as needed. Up to a teaspoon of peppermint extract can be used instead if you cannot find peppermint syrup.
- Topping options, whipped cream and or crushed peppermint candy.
- Optional- red food coloring for color.
How to make Peppermint White Hot Chocolate.
Step One: heat the ingredients.
In a saucepan over low heat, heat the milk and the heavy cream until warm, but not boiling.
Use a whisk to mix this as needed to prevent overheating.
Step Two: add the chocolate.
Once the milk and cream are warm you can stir in the white chocolate chips.
Use a whisk if possible and whisk or stir constantly until the chocolate is melted and the ingredients are blended together.
Step Three: finish the beverage.
Remove the saucepan from the heat.
Gently whisk in the peppermint flavorings (syrup or extract).This is a great time to blend in optional food coloring to get the pink color.
Evenly distribute the hot chocolate to the serving mugs and top with whipped cream or desired toppings before serving.
Peppermint White Hot Chocolate, a simple copycat version of the popular Starbucks beverage . Lower sugar option.
Peppermint White Hot Chocolate
- In a saucepan over low heat, heat the milk and the heavy cream until warm, but not boiling. Use a whisk to mix this as needed to prevent overheating. Once the milk and cream are warm you can stir in the white chocolate chips. Use a whisk if possible and whisk or stir constantly until the chocolate is melted and the ingredients are blended together.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat. Gently whisk in the peppermint flavorings (syrup or extract).This is a great time to blend in optional food coloring to get the pink color. Evenly distribute the hot chocolate to the serving mugs and top with whipped cream or desired toppings before serving.
Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe.
Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that are used. See diyandfun.com for details on this recipe.
originally posted:December 29, 2021
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!