(warning, jumping to recipe can result in missing important information including alternative ingredients and tips. Also, as an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases made via the links on this website.)
This Copycat Starbucks Gingerbread Latte recipe reminds me of the real thing.
I like that I do not have to leave my house to enjoy this tasty beverage!
Copycat Starbucks Gingerbread Latte
This is an at-home DIY version of the real beverage.
You will probably enjoy the festiveness of this drink just as much as the taste too!
Did you try my recipe for Copycat Pumpkin and Cream Cheese Muffins?
That recipe is also a copycat interpretation of a Starbucks recipe.
It would also taste good when served with this latte!
Serve this or any other similar kind of beverage in a Starbucks cup. You can find a selection of Starbucks cups online here!
You may be wondering that is Starbucks Gingerbread Latte anyway?
A gingerbread latte is more than just a cup of coffee.
It is a festive celebration of many seasonal flavors that come together in a cup.
A latte is a beverage made with fresh espresso coffee.
The espresso is mixed with milk and seasonings and topped which whipped cream.
This gingerbread latte can be served warm or cold.
During the holiday season people ask why is gingerbread so good?
The quick answer is that gingerbread is a reminder of good memories often associated with the holiday season. Of course, people like me also are reminded of gingerbread cookies.
Here is what makes a latte a 'gingerbread' latte.
Obviously, a gingerbread latte has ground ginger in it.
However, this gingerbread latte also has other festive flavors such as cinnamon and ginger.
Tips for making a gingerbread latte.
Really, you can make a version of gingerbread latte by using a gingerbread syrup.
You can find a selection of gingerbread syrups here.
More tips for you
- This beverage really tastes best when you use whole milk. However, almond milk, oat milk, or even coconut milk could work with this recipe.
- After bringing the ingredients to a boil, you will turn off the heat and allow the ingredients to simmer. The goal is to get a syrup-like consistency.
- You can store this 'syrup' in a glass container for about a week and a half in the refrigerator.
Personalize your gingerbread latte.
This is a fun and festive beverage that tastes great just the way it is.
However, you can make it even more fun.
Try one of these ideas.
- Serve the syrup over a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- While I am using espresso, you can also use any freshly brewed coffee.
- Place the syrup in jars to give away as holiday gifts!
↓(Keep Scrolling to Continue Reading)↓
You may also be interested in these ideas.
What is a gingerbread latte?
A gingerbread latte is a beverage made with fresh espresso, milk, and gingerbread seasonings.
About this Gingerbread Latte recipe.
This is a homemade version of a popular Gingerbread Latte beverage.
Also, this recipe should yield two cups of gingerbread spice syrup.
Starbucks Copycat Gingerbread Latte (Yields 16 oz of syrup)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Ingredients needed to make Gingerbread Latte.
- Water- 2 cups. Use warmer water to make a warmer latte.
- Sugar- 1 ½ cups granulated. You can try a sugar alternative that measures like sugar.
- Ground Ginger- 2 ½ teaspoons.
- Ground Cinnamon- ½ teaspoon.
- Vanilla Extract- ½ teaspoon.
- Fresh Espresso- ½ cup. Use freshly brewed for best results for a warmer latte.
- Milk- 1 cup, steamed for warmer latte.
- Whipped Cream- as needed for topping.
- Ground Nutmeg- as needed for topping.
How to make Copycat Starbucks Gingerbread Latte.
Step One: make the gingerbread syrup.
In a medium saucepan on medium to high heat, combine together the water, sugar, ground ginger, and ground cinnamon. Bring this to a boil stirring constantly. Once the ingredients begin to boil, turn the heat off. Stir in the vanilla and then allow this to simmer for 18 minutes or until it turns to syrup, stirring occasionally.
Step Two: Make a Hot Latte.
To make a hot latte, in a mug, add freshly brewed espresso and steamed milk. The stir in syrup, as needed, for taste.
Step Three: Make a Cold Latte.
In a cup, combine chilled espresso and milk over ice. Top with the chilled gingerbread syrup to taste and whipped cream with a dusting of nutmeg.
Step Four: Make this a Sugar Free Latte.
Substitute the sugar using ¾ cup of allulose and ¾ cup of Swerve Brown. Feel free to use another alternative that is able to be made into a syrup as many cannot. For the milk, simply use unsweetened almond milk.
Copycat Starbucks Gingerbread Latte, a simple recipe for an homemade Gingerbread Latte beverage. Included sugar free option.
Copycat Starbucks Gingerbread Latte
- In a medium saucepan on medium to high heat, combine together the water, sugar, ground ginger, and ground cinnamon. Bring this to a boil stirring constantly. Once the ingredients begin to boil, turn the heat off. Stir in the vanilla and then allow this to simmer for 18 minutes or until it turns to syrup, stirring occasionally.Once the syrup has cooled you can strain it (cheesecloth works well) and store it in a mason jar or similar jar in your refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
- To make a hot latte, in a mug, add freshly brewed espresso and steamed milk. The stir in syrup, as needed, for taste. A cold latte, in a cup, combine chilled espresso and milk over ice. Top with the chilled gingerbread syrup to taste and whipped cream with a dusting of nutmeg. .
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Please note: Nutritional data has been calculated using a tool that comes with this recipe card and not by me. This means that Nutritional Information is only an estimate and can vary especially with ingredients that you use. The accuracy of this tool may differ from other tools as expected. Also note that there is no instructional value to the video that may be attached to this recipe. It is only there for visual pleasure. For more information about the images in this recipe, please refer the the recipe instructions. Thank you!